A furnished small bedroom about 11' x 11' located in the front of this house on the 2nd floor with a twin size bed and 1 shared bathroom is available for rent on a nightly $50, weekly $250 or monthly $500 basis with a $10 cleaning fee (a 3% Credit Card Fee and 6-12% Airbnb Guest Service Fee are added to these rates). Message me for long term multiple month rentals.
NOTE: We are currently renovating the kitchen to instal new granite counter tops and tile back splash. During this time, the kitchen is accessible an usable mid-week, but there may be weekends when it is not while we work on it.
This nice 4 bedroom home is on a quite street on South Side Easton, PA.
This home has 1 permanent gay male tenant, so it is LGBT and Straight friendly.
The room also has 1 small closet as well as a dresser and night stand. A desk and chair are available (on request) as well.
This room is great for local and international students or interns. I have lot's of experience with both of these groups and can help them out with their first time experiences in America.
This room and home are for you if you consider yourself a neat, clean, responsible and respectful person. If you do not fit into these categories, you will not be happy here and should keep looking. Seriously! There's 1 shared bathroom that you must keep clean as well as all other shared living areas.
This is a drug free home and drugs will not be tolerated at all!
There are no pets here and renters are not allowed to have any. FYI: I do sometimes dog sit a poodle for family when they are on vacation. If you have allergy considerations, please let me know.
This is a non-smoking home. Renters who do smoke, must do so outside where they can enjoy our large covered front porch or side deck. Cigarette butts must be placed in the garbage and not left on the ground around the property..
Renters also have use of the other spaces; kitchen, dining room, living room, laundry room (washer and dryer) basement for storage and small gym there (weight bench and stationary bike) as well as the large fenced yard.
We also have a nice 28' x 28' vegetable garden in the summer.
On street parking is plentiful on my street.
My home is a short 4 block walk to the local LANTA bus stop for route #106 and #216 on St. John Street. Please see their website for full details.
It is an easy 15-20 minute walk to the Easton downtown center square where the main bus station is as well as shops, bars art galleries and restaurants.
Buses are about 2 hours from Easton to New York City and Philadelphia.
Lehigh Valley International Airport (ABE) is a 20 minute drive, Newark Airport is a 1 hour drive and Philadelphia Airport is 1 1/2 hours drive.
I can show visitors new to the area around in the evenings and weekends.
I go to bed around 11pm during the week and later on weekends. This is not a party house. Please be considerate.
We have plenty of extra sheets and blankets for those cold winter nights and fans for the hot summer ones.
See pics for a look and message me with any questions.
I hope you'll consider staying here and I look forward to meeting you.
PS - Please read the House Rules tab.
The Lehigh Valley metropolitan area is the third most populous region in the state of Pennsylvania and has much to offer locals and visitors to the area:
Within walking distance from my home (Easton, PA & Phillipsburg, NJ):
- Easton Center Square (town center)
- Easton Farmers' Market (Saturday mornings & Wednesday evenings)
- The Crayola Factory at Two Rivers Landing
- National Canal Museum
- The Weller Center for Health Education
- State Theatre Center for the Arts
- Sigal Museum - Northampton County Historical & Genealogical Society
- Hugh Moore Historical Park (Canal Boat Ride)
- Delaware River Railroad Excursions (Train Rides)
- Lehigh and Delaware Rivers
- Lafayette College
Within a short drive from my home (Bethlehem, PA):
- ArtsQuest SteelStacks Center (Musikfest Cafe and Frank Banko Alehouse Cinemas)
- Sands Casino Resort and Events Center
- Musikfest (Music festival held for 10 days in mid-August)
- Moravian Museum
- National Museum of Industrial History
- Museum of Indian Culture
- Banana Factory Arts Center
- Chrstkindlmarkt (Christmas Festival open Nov - Dec)
- Zoellner Arts Center (at Lehigh University)
- Burnside Plantation (American agricultural life)
- Godfrey Daniels Coffeehouse (Folk, jazz, blues music)
- Steel Ice Center (Ice skating)
- Dutch Springs Quarry (SCUBA Diving)
- Lehigh University
- Moravian College
- Northampton Community College
Within a short drive from my home (Allentown, PA):
- Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom (amusement & water park)
- Allentown Art Museum
- America On Wheels (Cars)
- Da Vinci Science Center (Kids)
- Allentown Fairgrounds (The fair is Labor Day weekend)
- Civic Theatre of Allentown
- Lehigh Valley Grand Prix (indoor go kart facility)
- Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs (Baseball at Coca-Cola Park)
- Mack Trucks Historical Museum
- Lehigh Valley Mall
- Muhlenberg College
- Cedar Crest College
- Lehigh Carbon Community College
Within a short drive from my home (Other cities/towns):
- Lehigh Valley Wine Trail (various local wineries)
- Lehigh Valley Zoo (Schnecksville)
- Lost River Caverns (Hellertown)
- Crystal Cave (Kutztown)
- The Rodale Institute Experimental Farm (Kutztown)
- Martin Guitar (Nazareth)
- Roxy Theatre (Northampton)
- Northampton Community College (Bethlehem Township)
- DeSales University (Center Valley)
- Phillipsburg Mall (Phillipsburg, NJ)
- Promenade Shops (Mall, Center Valley)
- Valley Preferred Cycling Center (Bike racing)
- Shankweiler's Drive-In (Orefield)
- Becky's Drive-In (Walnutport)
- Bushkill Falls (Bushkill)
- Das Awkscht Fescht (Antique and classic car show Macungie)
- Hawk Mountain Sanctuary (Kempton)
- Koziar's Christmas Village (Bernville)
- No. 9 Mine & Museum (Tourist mine Lansford)
- North Summit Climbing Gym
- Roadside America (Model train exhibit Shartlesville)
- Jim Thorpe
- Pocono Mountains
- Various ski resorts
- DeSales University (Center Valley)
- Penn State Lehigh Valley (Center Valley)
- Lehigh Valley College (Center Valley)
See the Discover Lehigh Valley website for more on the area.
For a traveler nothing could be better than local people's guiding, Kevin told me their weekend outdoor concert, the picnic and some other activities when I booked the room. I had a wonderful Saturday night there to enjoy an old group "The Drifters" songs, the room and bed was comfortable, he and his roommates were really nice, I will stay there if I go there again.
One more thing, sorry to kept Kevin waiting till 12 A.M. because I was with my friend in Bethlehem.
It was great to stay with Kevin and the other housemates while I was in town for work. All housemates were considerate of each other; one roommate even showed me some of the excellent walking/jogging trails nearby with some cool ruins of the old canal system. The room is clean and nicely decorated with some vintage furnishings. The house was quiet most of the time and I also liked that the room was right next to the bathroom, so I didn't have to disturb the other guests at any time. Kevin helped me get onto to the internet, which had a great connection speed for me to get work done.
The kitchen was undergoing some work, which posed a challenge for utilizing the space, but Kevin did notify me of that before I booked. Kevin enjoy's conversation and culture and is very accommodating to whatever needs you may have. He very much has a B&B owner personality -- and I hope that one day he pursues that further. Under Kevin's recommendation, I found that the Quadrant bookstore is a wonderful retreat for breakfast (1 mile away in the center of town); quaint with lots of character.
Kevin offers a fair price - which is nice since I see some AirBnB price gouging lately. The house is just what I expected to stay on a budget while traveling.
This was a great place to stay during my work relocation. Super-clean and comfortable. Despite Easton not having a great reputation this home is on enough land and tended to so carefully that it feels very peaceful. The host was excellent and was equally compelled to converse as he was in respecting my personal space. I couldn't ask for more.
Kevin is one of the best host I have lived with, so far. He is considerate, organised and very supportive. He allows the freedom to basically enjoy everything in his home. The room in which I lived was a really nice, sun-facing and spacious room. Everything was made very comfortable for your stay. There is a small nice gym, big lawn, very useful kitchen, all maintained very well. I am sure, like me, you will love to be at his place too.
I will definitely stay at his place, if I visit Easton again.
Thank you Kevin. All the best !!!!
Being in the Easton area was a very last minute decision in my travels so needed an affordable place to stay. Kevin responded promptly, which was great. He was not able to be there when I arrived but he arranged for another resident to let me in and show me around. And when Kevin came home he checked in on me & helped get me on the internet - very friendly and helpful.
The combination of host and accomodation made for a very pleasant and enjoyable stay in Easton. Big thanks to Kevin for picking me up from Easton after the confusion on my side, for your time and company, for the lovely tomatoes and aubergines!
For any of you needing to stay in Easton, the choice shouldn't be difficult, very cool bathroom/shower, nice bedroom with desk and wifi, very nice porch/patio to sit and relax/eat, walking distance to town centre.
I really had such a nice stay with Kevin, could easily have stayed longer!
Again, thank you Kevin!
Very very friendly host. Kevin has a nice car too! :)
Kevin is one of the nicest hosts you could find. He went out of his way to help me during my stay and even before it by picking me up from the bus station. The room and bathroom were nice and clean. The house is located in a quiet neighborhood. I would highly recommend this place to anyone looking.
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.