About this listing
This fully furnished suite in a quiet, safe neighborhood, includes a common area with modern appliances, conveniently located 1.5 miles from USC Main Campus, The Vista shopping and entertainment district and downtown Columbia, SC.
This spacious Master Bedroom Suite is ideal for either a couple or someone who wants extra space and complete privacy. You'll have all the comforts of home while being minutes away from the Vista and 5 Points entertainment and shopping districts, USC main campus, downtown Columbia, Fort Jackson and Columbia Metropolitan Airport.
1. One queen size frame, box spring and brand new Serta Fairmont Firm Eurotop Queen mattress.
2. One cable ready color television set with remote control.
3. One computer workstation desk.
4. One cushioned office desk chair.
5. One end table.
6. One high backed wooden chair.
7. Two metal shelves 48in wide by 18in deep by 72in tall.
1. Private bathroom with double vanities, linen closet, stand up shower, toilet and tub.
2. Central Air Conditioning and Heat.
3. Utilities (electricity, gas, trash pick up and water) are all included.
4. Time Warner Cable Standard Receiver with High Definition Cable TV and Sports Pass.
5. High speed RoadRunner Turbo wireless internet access.
6. Blinds on all windows.
7. Ceiling fan with light fixture.
8. Keyed door lock for added security and privacy.
9. Private balcony.
10. Smoke alarms in every room.
11. Spacious walk-in closet with 3 metal racks for clothes and storage.
12. Tray ceiling with recessed lighting.
Guests have access to the Common Area, including front porch deck, living room, dining room which seats 12 people comfortably, kitchen with modern appliances, laundry room with washer and dryer, back porch deck, on the entire first floor downstairs.
Interaction with Guests
You may see me occasionally during your stay. Otherwise, you may call, text or email me anytime.
Your Host's home is one of 9 private homes in the Parkside Cottages community surrounded by attractive, brick fencing.
The home is a quarter mile from the entrance to the Cayce Riverwalk, a part of the Three Rivers Greenway project honored in America's Great Outdoors Initiative, with lighted and paved trails and boardwalks where you can stroll, jog, bike or rollerblade while taking in scenic views of the Congaree River. Picnic shelters, benches, tables and scenic overlooks abound.
For the adventurer, 0.6 miles away Adventure Carolina, Inc. has river trips and canoe, kayak and tube rentals.
Within a few blocks are public tennis courts, baseball diamonds, a playground and Guignard Park.
The Parkland Plaza, 0.7 miles away, has a Bi-Lo grocery store, Bank of America branch, AMF Bowling Alley and multiple retailers and restaurants. Knox Abbott Drive has various local, national chain and fast food restaurants.
The new USC Carolina Baseball Stadium is 1.4 miles away and Williams-Brice Stadium is 3.2 miles away.
The Vista shopping and entertainment district 2 miles away includes restaurants, retailers, professional services, art galleries, the Columbia Museum of Art and the South Carolina State Museum.
Public bus transportation is available via The Comet with the nearest bus route 28 running on Knox Abbott Drive. Taxi cab service is readily available to and from Columbia Metropolitan Airport, downtown Columbia and other destinations within the greater Columbia area.
Here are few house rules to live by while enjoying your stay at "251".
1. No pets are allowed on the property.
2. No smoking in the house. Extinguish all cigarettes in a cup of water. Dispose of cigarette butts appropriately.
3. Be conscientious of other house guests and neighbors.
3.a. Keep volume low on all electronic devices.
3.b. Use headphones often.
3.c. No loud parties.
3.d. No raucous behavior.
3.e. Treat other house guests as you would have them treat you.
3.f. Clean up after yourself. Cleaning products are under the kitchen sink. Rinse and place dirty dishes in the dishwasher. A washer and drier are available for washing clothes, linens, etc. Laundry detergent labeled "for 251 Guests" is available in the laundry room.
4. Observe parking rules. If a space in the driveway is unavailable, then park across the cul-de-sac in the empty lot or on the other side of the brick wall on the entrance road (N Ave) to the Cayce Riverwalk.
5. Treat my home as you would your own home.
See (URL HIDDEN) for more details.
Master Bedroom Suite: You'll rest quite comfortably in a queen size bed with a top rated Serta Hollinbank Memory Foam Perfect Sleeper Mattress. We have memory foam pillows, too!