About this listing
Lovely guest room within walking distance to all major highlights. Beautifully located.
Here are details of our guest room:
- 18m2 / 14 feet
- standard Ikea double bed
- a small bistro round table with two chairs
- television with international channels
- wifi access
- floor heating, marble floor
- small heater
- hair dryer
- en-suite bathroom (adjoins the guest room)
- fresh bed linen and towels are provided
- if you are bringing your pet, please let us
- kitchenette with:
--- electric stove
--- hot water tap Quooker
--- regular hot/cold tap with potable water
--- cutlery, plates, glasses, cups and pans
Our guest room is situated in the basement area. It has an easy access.
The windows are on street level.
Flexible check in and check out.
However if we have guests then:
at 14.00 check in
at 11.00 check out
We have a simple storage space for early arrivals and late departures.
Please inform us about your itinerary and provide us with your mobile phone number beforehand, so we can organize the transition smoothly.
Interaction with Guests
We operate on first come first serve basis to make it simple and fair.
After your booking confirmation, you will get information about:
- how to reach us, through video presentation
- how to access the guest room
- tips and advice about Amsterdam
- personal recommendations
Please notify us if there is something we can do to facilitate your stay.
We appreciate it when you inform us right away and not in retrospect.
We love to hear how you have experienced your stay through a review.
Your review is highly appreciated and we are grateful to receive it.
We are located in the city center of Amsterdam, specifically in the area called the Jordaan.
5 minutes by foot, parallel to our street:
- grocery stores both organic and regular
- Spanish butcher and shop
- French patisserie and deli
- Portuguese deli
- cafe's, bars and restaurants
- eclectic collection of shops
5 minutes by foot, follow the ascending numbering of our street. After the canals you will see a square, this is the Noordermarkt:
- good local cafe's and restaurants (highly recommended)
- Especially the cafe at the corner called Winkel. Best Dutch apple pie ever.
Extended street from the Noordermarkt, goes diagonally from the Noordermarkt:
- grocery shops
- good local restaurants and bars
- good places for coffee and organic food
The side streets of the Westerstraat also has interesting places for food. Especially Italian, Thai and Indian.
- Tweede Anjeliersdwarsstraat
- Eerste Egelantiersdwarsstraat
In our blog site you will find a video presentation how to reach us.
- 15 minutes by train from Schiphol to CS
- 5 minutes by foot from the Centraal Station
- nearest grocery store is 5 minutes away
Here is an overview of the major highlight of town:
- 15 minutes by foot to the Anne Frank House
- 15 minutes by foot to the Dam Square
- 20 minutes by foot to the Leidseplein (for bars and various venues eg Milkyway, Paradiso, Jimmy Choo, Sugarfactory etc)
- 30/45 minutes by foot to the Museumplein for the Rijksmuseum, van Gogh museum and Stedelijk Museum/Contemporary Art museum
Other Things to Note
We offer additional services, separate from our room price and payable by cash. Please let us know what you wish to have à la carte, so we'll be able to cater to your wishes.
Allow yourself to be pampered.
Wake-up call and breakfast, just tell us what you wish to have as breakfast and we'll prepare it for you.
Lunch, picknick basket. Give us your shopping list and will scour the goodies for you.
If you wish to have reservations for restaurants or if you want to have a shiatsu massage or if you want to have a private tour around Amsterdam, please let us know, so we'll be able to provide you with the necessary information and quotes.
We have our own photos made by the wonderful and talented photographer MARCUS KOPPEN. His work can also be viewed at the Photography Museum, FOAM, at the Keizersgracht.
A lot of labor was needed to renovate the canalhouse beautifully. We hope you will appreciate the labor and the effort that has been put in and respect it. We go by the rule that we trust that you will respect our home the way you respect yours and hope that you will feel at home in Amsterdam. We support good health, therefore smoking the the apartment is not permitted.
About the Host, Sumita
We believe that a smile is the most beautiful accessory you can wear. And we hope to make you smile too. With this in mind, we love to welcome you. The canal house is carefully restored with tender, love & care and we are very excited to share this with you. We eagerly await your arrival and look forward to providing a fantastic stay, especially for you.