About this listing
Your private Mission District penthouse loft is in the creative and cultural heart of San Francisco. It is 650sqft /72 m2, with 12 skylights, queen and full size beds, refrigerator, dining area, spa-like bathroom, and private deck. You'll love it!
The quintessential San Francisco Victorian era building was constructed in 1908 and has much of the charm of that period with a heavy dose of modernization thrown in. It was completely remodeled (with lots of love) in the past few years. Your light filled penthouse loft is separated from the rest of the house by a staircase and heavy barn style door. It is completely private from the lower level. Once inside, you are in your own oasis of calm, far away from the hustle and bustle of the city, yet still close enough to step back out into it at anytime. The penthouse loft's master bedroom has a gorgeous queen size Brazilian Peroba wood bedframe, plush Sealy Posturpedic medium firm mattress, high thread count linens, extra pillows, ultra modern gas fireplace and flatscreen TV, equipped with streaming via Netflix and Hulu. The nearly 360 degree views from your private deck are simply stunning. Share a bottle of wine under the stars or a cup of coffee in the morning and watch the clouds roll by. The spa-like bathroom, and specifically the shower, with rain shower head, teak flooring, and Italian stone tile is something special - you won't want to leave it! You can dine out at the many restaurants nearby or simply stay in and eat in your own dining room. The Loft has a bonus room that is equipped with a dining table, full size pullout futon bed, glass and metal desk, coffee maker and compact refrigerator.
There are three bedrooms on the lower level of the flat that are occupied by my dog and I (and at times various friends and family). You can choose to join the communal space or keep things more intimate - it's up to you. If you do decide that it is privacy that you're after, the only potential point of interaction with the rest of the house is on the staircase that leads to the front door. Otherwise, it's as if you have your own penthouse flat in the most happening part of the city!
Interaction with Guests
I live an active lifestyle and you may be on the go as well, so it's likely that we may only see each other at checkin or in passing, but when we do, I will be happy to share with you my favorite parts of San Francisco and the Mission District.
The Mission District is an amazingly vibrant and exciting neighborhood. There are numerous restaurants, bars and music options within 2 blocks of the house. This is a central location (at the intersection of 19th and Valencia streets), that offers quick access to the convention center, the surrounding neighborhoods and a great home base from which to explore.
The 16th Street and 24th Street underground train stations (San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit - BART) are a short walk away and there are buses and taxis available just outside the front door. The San Francisco convention center is easily accessible by BART (3 stops) or taxi.
Other Things to Note
* Parking: there is metered and hourly parking available on the street right outside the house or there is a parking garage (Mission Bartlett Garage), located on 21st and Bartlett St. (3 blocks from the house) that costs ~$25/day and has hourly rates as well for shorter time periods.
* I have a dog - Enzo. He's very sweet, calm, friendly and well behaved. He stays on the lower level of the house with me (and will not be in your space). He is a non-barker, but occasional farter :0
* My home has quite a few stairs (it is on the 3rd and 4th stories of a 4 story building). The view is well worth the climb though!
* The walls in the Loft slope to the floor. This means that the available headroom for an average size person is 9 to 12 ft (3 to 4 m) by 55 ft (18.5 m). If you're tall, you might want to keep this in mind, but it really shouldn't be an issue.
* The Loft is quite private from the rest of the house. That said, once inside the Loft, it is an open plan... there are draped linens that separate the shower and toilet areas from the rest of the space. It is intimate and perhaps less suitable for colleagues or acquaintances and more suitable for couples or close friends / family members.
Haven't found the need for House Rules, but here are a few points for Airbnb guests to consider:
* Dance parties should end around 10pm (unless I'm invited :)
* Smoking is fine on the deck, but please don't smoke in the house
* Feel free to use the kitchen, just leave it the way you found it
* I'm not the fun police, but please ask if you want to have friends over
* Please leave any bad energy/vibes at the door :)
From Dec 26, 2015 - Jan 08, 2016 the minimum stay is 5 nights.