About this listing
Your private Mission District loft is in the creative and cultural heart of San Francisco. It covers an entire floor, 650sqft /72 m2, with 12 skylights, spa-like bathroom, and private deck. It's Mission District San Francisco and Airbnb at its best!
The 4 level San Francisco Edwardian era building was constructed in 1908 and has much of the charm of that period with a heavy dose of modernization thrown in. It was completely renovated (with lots of love and the addition of a few grey hairs) between 2010 and 2012.
In addition to the master bedroom, deck and bathroom, Airbnb guests have your own living room / office (with futon couch, desk, dining area and compact refrigerator).
Airbnb guests are welcome to use the living room, dining room and kitchen on the lower level of the house. There are three additional bedrooms downstairs that are occupied by my dog and I (and at times various friends and family). It is a warm communal atmosphere.
Interaction with Guests
I live an active lifestyle, so we may only see each other in passing, but when we do, I will be happy to sit and tell you about my favorite parts of San Francisco and the Mission District.
The Mission District is an amazingly vibrant and exciting neighborhood. There are numerous restaurants, bars and music options within 2 blocks of the house. This is a central location (at the intersection of 19th and Valencia streets), that offers quick access to the convention center, the surrounding neighborhoods and a great home base from which to explore.
The 16th Street and 24th Street underground train stations (San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit - BART) are a short walk away and there are buses and taxis available just outside the front door. The San Francisco convention center is easily accessible by BART (3 stops) or taxi.
Other Things to Note
* Parking: there is metered and hourly parking available on the street right outside the house or there is a parking garage (Mission Bartlett Garage), located on 21st and Bartlett St. (3 blocks from the house) that costs ~$25/day and has hourly rates as well for shorter time periods.
* I have a dog - Enzo. He's very sweet, calm, friendly and well behaved. He stays on the lower level of the house with me (and will not be in your space). He is a non-barker, but occasional farter :0
* My home has quite a few stairs (it is on the 3rd and 4th stories of a 4 story building). The view is well worth the climb though!
* The walls in the Loft slope to the floor. This means that the available headroom for an average size person is 9 to 12 ft (3 to 4 m) by 55 ft (18.5 m). If you're tall, you might want to keep this in mind, but it really shouldn't be an issue.
Haven't found the need for House Rules, but here are a few points for Airbnb guests to consider:
* Dance parties should end around 10pm (unless I'm invited :)
* Smoking is fine on the deck, but please don't smoke in the house
* Feel free to use the kitchen, just leave it the way you found it
* I'm not the fun police, but please ask if you want to have friends over
* Please leave any bad energy/vibes at the door :)
Michael is a wonderful host and has built a place that is even more impressive than the photos suggest. Michael was very warm and hospitable and took the time to make sure my stay was the best it possibly could be. Michael loves to host and meet new people he really is a super host. I enjoyed being in a space that is alive and welcoming. Michael has a beautiful home and everything in the space has special meaning to him which made it feel so cozy and special. The neighborhood has some delicious restaurants in walking distance and you really get a great feel for the culture and the community. Hope I will have the chance to visit again.
Micheal was the perfect host, he even carried my very heavy bags up the stairs. The apartment is effortlessly chic and with wonderful views and even a bottle of wine :-) Its in the most fantastic area and close too amazing restaurants and bars. My stay was so relaxing, chilled and I felt very very safe.
Michael's upstairs loft is better that you can imagine! The view from the private deck is spectacular, the style is modern but comfortable, the location is ideal for being in the Mission.
Arriving tired from a long flight and then to receive such a warm welcome from Michael was the perfect start to our stay in San Francisco. The Loft is great, beautifully designed and located in what we found to be the most interesting and vibrant part of the city. Michael is a fantastic host, knowledgable and welcoming. Stay here with confidence, you won't want to leave...
This is an absolutely beautiful loft. Michael is wonderful host and has built a place that is even more impressive than the photos suggest.
Michael is the most welcoming of Airbnb hosts, making us feel right at home with his warm introduction to the local area, through to an invitation to join a dinner party he was hosting. The private loft (in Michael's home) is very chic and comfortable, and the location in SF's Mission district is great. Highly recommended!
As always, Michael is warm, welcoming, interesting and interested. His place is awesome; spotless and impeccably designed.
About the Host, Michael
I'm an outgoing professional who enjoys traveling and socializing. When I'm not working, I like to head to the beach with my dog, host dinner parties with friends and spend quality time with family.
My home plays a central role in my life and the energy I've been able to put into it continues to enrich my daily experience. Hosting guests via Airbnb has become a significant part of that experience and I'm thankful for the people and opportunities its given me!