About this listing
This is our 2nd home by the beach when the North East gets too cold. It is beautiful, new and very conveniently located 1 block from the beach in the middle of now very famous South of Fifth Miami Beach. Check our Guidebook for our favorite spots
It is very modern and simple. All white, with dark grey modern tiles on the floor, stainless steal kitchen appliances, large L shape white leather sofa, white glass dining table. Everything is completely new and clean, from floor to ceiling including all furniture!
- 1 bedroom / 1 bathroom
- 3 beds (1 queen + 1 additional twin in the bedroom, 1 full size sofa bed in living room)
- Ideal for 3 to 4 people, but possible at 5 for families. We don't accept groups of 5 adults.
- Large living room with large L shape white leather sofa and a new Ikea sofa bed.
- 2 balconies (South and West) (Warning: Construction around. Please check the neighborhood section of the description)
- Hurricane proof windows with anti-UV coating
- High speed Wireless Internet
- 40' TV with APPLE TV box, but no cable subscription and therefore no channels, just Apple TV with Netflix open and possibility of ordering movies on iTunes with your account.
- Bose Dock station for Iphone or other device.
- NEST remote controlled thermostat
- Large fully equipped Kitchen
PARKING: There is metered street parking on all the blocks around ours, that is very conveniently manageable via the ParkMobile app. You don't even have to get out and put coins or enter your credit card again.
That being said, be really careful about parking at beach hours on week-ends, it gets very crowded! Generally speaking renting a car is only necessary to go to the Everglades or the Keys, as Uber & Lyft are so cheap and convenient.
Guest will have access to everything in the apartment with the exception of 1 closet and 1 drawer below the bed, where we keep personal and baby stuffs for when we come and use the apartment.
In the building there is a washer and dryer working with quarters.
Interaction with guests
I am available via email and cell phone anytime you need, but I am usually not in town.
It is located in the famous South of Fifth area of South Beach! Just 1 block away for the beach, Nikki Beach Restaurant, and South Pointe Park.
All constructions around are now finished and there is no more noise (or very little).
South of fifth is a very walkable area.
You have a "Deco bike" station and taxi station exactly 1 block away.
But the easiest to go anywhere is Uber at a fraction of the yellow cabs prices.
My cell phone will be available if you have any questions.
No parties in the apartment, it is a quiet building.
No pets, no smoking, no drugs!
I am French and have been living in the US since 2007. I share my time between NYC and Miami for business. If you stay in my Miami apartment, you will very quickly notice by what is on the walls that I love traveling, outdoor sports and photography. Professionally, I am small business owner providing very specialized consulting services to Fortune 500 companies globally.
Let me try to answer the standard questions suggested by Airbnb:
5 things I can't live without:
- 1 steering bar with 2 wheels (mountain bike, moto or any fun kind)
- 1 toy to play with the wind (kitesurf in Miami, but mostly a windsurf when I sometimes have a chance to go back to much stronger wind than in Miami)
- my 35 year old Hasselblad 500C/M film camera
- Wifi & 4G... The geek living in me needs it to read the news and watch youtube constantly. I can only forget it if on an adventure travel far from cities...
- many more toys to keep on trying to have fun like a kid (whether gadgets or sports stuffs)
Favorite destination: Miami, Cape Town, Maui, Bolivia, Rio
Favorite books: pass... I don't read much books anymore... Last readings where on Film Photography, Poker, Business and some occasional Thrillers such as the Girl with The Dragon Tattoo trilogy.
Favorite Music: A lot of Reggae, a bit of Jazz and some electro lounge
Favorite Food: Miso sea bass (if you have never tried, you can find great one in Miami), Ceviche, Sushi.... Just pretending I eat healthy. But mostly a lot of pizza and burgers... But good ones!
Style of travelling: I was all about sports destination for windsurf and mountain bike. Then I went to the tiny budget adventure trips. And now that I am married, and that I am a father, I like the luxury accommodation with good day trips for hiking, scuba diving or any adventure/sports activities.
Style of Airbnb hosting: Since my Miami apt is a place I live in on a regular basis, I wanted it to be as comfortable, easy to use, good looking and clean as possible. But most likely if you stay in my Miami Apt, it is because I am not in town. So I am not a very present host. That being said I am always available on the phone if you have any problem. Also I am fairly selective host and usually give strong priority to guest asking for longer stays and with previous positive reviews. If you profile is empty, I will most likely refuse... Sorry in advance.
Life motto: Adults have forgotten to play. You can learn anything with persistance.