About this listing
A private room with private deck in a beautiful 1942 Alberta Arts/Concordia home, with modern amenities and vintage charm! A fantastic location nestled perfectly between the Alberta Arts District, Concordia University, Alberta Park & Kennedy School!
This craftsman 1942 Alberta Arts home has all the Portland charm you're looking for, and with all modern upgrades. Situated perfectly between the exciting Alberta Arts District, Concordia University and beautiful Alberta Park, you can explore and experience Portland comfortably and in style! Just walk outside of your private entrance and enter an entirely different living space. Whether you just want to relax on your queen memory foam bed and take in the view, take a nap or read a book at your bay window, or have a glass of wine on your deck, you can relax and pamper yourself! You also have your own private bathroom just outside your bedroom door.
All guests are welcome to enter through the front of the house, or through their own private entrance from the backyard!
All guests will have access to the living room, bathroom, kitchen, laundry room, dinning room, deck and backyard.
We enjoy meeting all of our guests, but we respect their privacy and space as well. Please feel free to interact with us as much, or as little as you'd like. :)
- Close to downtown, and a very short ride from the airport.
- Close to incredible restaurants, bars, coffee shops, shopping, art galleries, music, street art, and colorful Portland characters
- Two blocks from excellent public transportation that will take you through gorgeous Portland neighborhoods and drop you downtown before you know it!
- Walk to the exciting Last Thursday on Alberta Street Fair happening every last Thursday monthly from May to October.
- Close to a fantastic local Portland Grocery Store (New Seasons) full of incredible organic food and cool and unique Portland souvenirs.
- Beautiful Alberta Park is just three blocks away full of giant Douglass Fir trees, jogging trails, tennis/basketball courts, playgrounds, or (email hidden) for an afternoon picnic or morning jog.
We live just a short 10-15 minute drive from Portland's Airport (PDX). We are also located about 10-12 minutes from downtown Portland by car. There's also an airport shuttle bus connecting directly to our neighborhood. Public transportation is the 72 bus located at 27th and Killingsworth connecting Swan Island, and NE / SE Portland.
The 17 bus is located at 27th and Jarret (just two blocks away), and will take you directly downtown to the City Center, The Greyhound Bus Terminal, and Union Station! (It's a short and scenic ride!)
Bus 70 will take you to The Hawthorne District, Belmont and Division Street.
You can also check the PDX Bus App for a trip planner or the Trimet website.
Our home is located only a few short blocks from the vibrant and exciting Alberta Street, so many fantastic eateries, coffee shops, bars, and markets are accessible by foot.
We are also two blocks from a beautiful park (Alberta Park).
We also have a wonderful neighborhood bike rental: Everybody's Bike Rentals (good service and reasonably priced!)
We offer complimentary snacks, teas and local organic coffee, as well as natural organic herbal soaps and shampoo!
- No shoes in the house. Shoe storage with a bench is to the right after entry.
- Please clean your own dishes
- Please respect our neighbors, we appreciate quiet time after 11pm.
- No smoking indoors
- No pets under any conditions
- People other than those in guest party are not permitted to stay overnight in the property.
- No housekeeping service provided. Towels and linens are provided.
- All of the units are privately owned. The owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises. The homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest.
We are a fun loving couple with a passion for Music, Art, Architecture, Design, Food and nature. Laney is an architect, designer, and artist. Brent is a musician, composer and also works in Advertising. Brent moved from Portland to NYC 10 years ago and we recently relocated back to the Rose City and settled down into the vibrant, exciting and charming Alberta Arts District. Portland is our home and we love exploring all of the wonders of the Pacific Northwest. We are passionate about Portland and feel like it's about as perfect of a city as you can get. With mountains, desert, the ocean, and waterfalls as our backdrop, we are happy to call this unique and beautiful city home!