About this listing
Lake Tahoe is a crystal-clear blue lake nestled among mountain peaks of California and Nevada with unparalleled panoramic beauty and an abundant choice of recreation for every season.
In the summer, enjoy hiking, biking, rafting, fishing, sailing, golf, horseback riding, tennis, hot air ballooning, parasailing, boating, and much more. It's for these reasons, Lake Tahoe is often called America's All Year Playground. We are less than 3 miles from river rafting in Tahoe City.
In The winter North Lake Tahoe is home to TWELVE nationally acclaimed alpine ski resorts. We are 8 to 45 miles from most north ski resorts. With an average annual snowfall of over 400 inches, 12 world class alpine ski resorts, and the largest concentration of ski resorts in the country, Lake Tahoe winters are the whitest and brightest in North America! Come discover what the locals know: any activity, from backcountry skiing to snowshoeing, shopping to gaming, hottubbing to dining, is best in North Lake Tahoe because our winter wonderland is blessed with more than 274 days of sun annually.
You won't find a more exciting and versatile vacation destination area anywhere. But don't just take our word for it, come see for yourself – our house is 2,900 square feet living space in a cul de sac. Enjoy any time of the year. Free Wi-FI.
Location! Only 12 Minute drive to Squaw Valley and 25 to Northstar. This home is cozy, extremely clean, centrally located, 2 minutes to downtown and 12 minutes to world renowned squaw Valley and Alpine. 2 fire places, and paved drive way with plow service. This is absolutely a must!!!
Relax and enjoy the crackling of the wood in any of the beautiful stone fireplaces of this very quiet cabin in a beautiful cul de sac (almost no traffic, quiet and safer for you and your children to play outside). Free WIFI.
* Location: Cul de Sac in the North Shore
* Area: over 2900 sq. ft.
Bedroom 1: 1 King
Bedroom 2: 1 Queen
Bedroom 3: 1 Queen
Bedroom 4: 1 full
Bedroom 5: 4 twin beds
Unfortunately, we do not provide fire wood for the fire places nor pellets for the pellet stove. So sorry but we stopped doing this because it is difficult for us to manage it from the Bay Area and because we want to discourage fires because of the drought. Too dangerous. We hope you understand.
Interaction with guests
You will get access to lock box. We are only 4 hours away and you can alway get a hold of me via text: (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
Other things to note
Please note that there is a minimum of 7 nights for Christmas and NYE week. And that outside fires are not allowed due to the worst drought in history.
Hello fellow Airbnb user,
Thank you for choosing our vacation home for your Tahoe vacation. We hope you and your guests have a fabulous time at the cabin.
The house is located at Clayton Way, Carnelian Bay Heights, California 96145 (off Old County Road on the North Shore). The lock box is the black rubber box to the left of the front door. Just pull the plastic off it and you will see it. The lock box combination will be set and emailed to you about a day or so before your arrival date. In the lock box you will find one garage opener, 2 copies of the front door and 1 copy of the door inside the garage.
NO OUTSIDE FIRES! NOT EVEN IN THE FIRE PIT! Sorry there is a fireman ordinance prohibiting outside fires in North Tahoe.
Pets are not allowed anywhere in the house as the owner is super allergic to all furry animals -even allergic to the so called hypoallergenic breads- :-(. The wireless internet access codes are posted on the tall kitchen cabinet wall. Please plan on bringing your own wood and pellets for the fire place as we are not always able to provide some for you. No more than 6 cars parked outside per stay due to disturbance to our neighbors. NO PARTIES! 12 minimum people is strict. Also, please keep in mind that this is our second home, we live 4 hours away and unfortunately we do not have concierge services like hotels do but will do our best to accommodate your needs. We are always available via text.
When you arrive, please inspect the house for cleanliness; if anything is not acceptable call or text me at (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN).:
Check in: after 4:00pm PST
Check out: before 10:00 am PST
Thanks and we hope you have a great vacation!
Sandy and Justin
The LuxuryBear, 708 Clayton Way, Carnelian Bay Heights, California 96145
NOW THE REAL RULES: ;-)
1. NO OUTSIDE FIRES - not even in the fire place (local ordinance prohibits them - sorry).
2. Place all used towels and bed sheets (not comforters) on the floor.
3. Set the dishwasher and make sure there is no food or crumbs out for rodents.
4. Clean your own wine or food stains from the carpets. If you spill anything on the carpet we expect you to clean it.
5. Leave the house in same condition you got it. Any extra cleaning required above the cleaning fee will be taken from your security deposit at $50 dollars per hour.
6.****Set thermostat back to 55 degrees****
7. Close all doors and windows – especially make sure the upstairs balcony glass French door is locked (if not locked this door can open up – since this is a vacation home it would mean rodents and other insects and animals can come in the house and a huge gas and electric bill.
8. Take all trash out and put inside the bear box. If it does not fit in the bear box it goes home with you. Do not leave trash anywhere in the house – especially in the garage as animals have broken the garage door to get in before.
9. All recyclables must be in blue bags (blue bags are under kitchen sink) and all recyclables must be rinsed (to prevent animals from ripping bags looking for food- we get fined if animals rip bags – such fine will come from your deposit- make sure what you put in blue bags is rinsed- or take with you). Recycle truck will only pick up blue recycle bags.
10. Trash and recycle is picked up Thursday mornings (normally anytime from 8am to 11am). DO NOT PUT TRASH IN NEIGHBOR'S BEAR BINS!
11. THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOUSE. Quiet hours after 10pm. This is a residential and quiet neighborhood. If the police is called for disturbance - you will be required to vacate the house immediately and forfeit the balance of your stay. 12. Out of respect for the neighbors please do not use the hot tub past 10pm.
13. Do not rearrange furniture –make sure all furniture is exactly how you found it. The cleaning crew charges us for repositioning furniture.
14. Leave all keys and garage opener in the lock box.
You are in Placer County In North Lake Tahoe California
Our physical address is:
Clayton Way, Carnelian Bay Heights, Ca. 96145 (please note that we do not get mail here, ANYTHING SENT TO THIS ADDRESS WILL BE LOST).
In case of emergency, dial 911
MEDICAL SERVICE/PHYSICIANS (24 HOURS)
Tahoe City ((PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) or ((PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
North Lake Pediatrics:
Tahoe City ((PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
Truckee ((PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
Poison Control: ((PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
If you encounter any trouble in the house call the owners at
(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) or (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN).
Cancel up to 5 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 5 days of your trip and the first night is non-refundable, but 50% of the cost for the remaining nights will be refunded.