About this listing
Nestled in the pristine hilltops of the secluded Santithani estate, Enchanted Hills is an ideal destination for travelers who enjoy luxury and privacy in a natural habitat. Our rosy 'jungle house' with sunset views, swimmingpool and top amenities is only a mile to a pristine beach, spas, restaurants and shops.
Living area with flat screen LCD TV, DVD player, WiFi access -- first level of main house
HOUSE Inspired by the Mediterranean motif, the villa combines comfort and outdoor living, optimizing sunlight and sunset views. Every direction reflects the fusion of the lush landscape and the vibrant decor. Open concept plan for living, dining and kitchen, enormous windows and doors, and high and vaulted ceilings make the villa spacious and practical allowing for everything to be within sight and reach. Furnished with the main purpose of ease and functionality, the interior is subtle yet elegant.
The first floor of the main house includes the open living area, while the second floor houses two en-suite bedrooms. A guest wing connected by a terrace and outdoor dining beneath includes two ensuite bedrooms allowing for full privacy for guests.
A large garden surrounding the house practically conceals it from view from the below access road, which is used only by neighbors or maintenance staff. The garden is made of indigenous trees and plants that grew here long before the house was built. Bougainvilleas, cacti, Cambodia trees and few other varieties were added for contrast and a touch of flare. Several fruit trees: mango, coconut, papaya and cashew nut, still produce seasonal fruits. Enjoying these freshly picked for breakfast truly feels like living on the edge of a jungle.
AMENITIES Private outdoor 12 meter salt-cleansed swimming pool with infinity edge and built in Jaccuzi is just beyond the living area. Lounging chairs with available comfy cushions and beach towels are set in front of the pool with a view of water and distant islands. Unlimited WiFi access allows for full connectivity, while satelite flat screen TV, and DVD players offer another form of entertainment. American kitchen with top appliances and great views is ideal for all culinary experiments. To complete the self-catering experience the washier & drier are conveniently located in the adjacent pantry. Cleaning team comes twice a week per schedule agreed with guests, to clean and refresh while minimizing disruption. Massages can be ordered in by arranging with Au. Chefs and babysitters can be accommodated at guests' request.
Interaction with Guests
Our house manager, Emma, lives in the community and her staff are available 24/7 in case of an emergency. A driver picks up our guests at the airport and delivers them to our villa, where Khun Au welcomes our guests and assists with any services required. We as owners live outside of Thailand (concurrently in the US and China now) and communicate with our guests via email, phone, (website hidden)or(website hidden) -- based on preferences.
On the north west tip of the island between the villages of Nathon and Meanem, our villa is set atop the secluded Santithani estate, away from the hustle and busle of the ring road. The estate is a residential community up the hills from one of the most sheltered and least developed beaches on the island -- and we hope it will stay that way. The community is comprised of over 60 spreadout private villas, each individually custom designed and built, and represents 15 or so nationalities. It is located just 25 minutes from the Samui International Airport, five minutes down to the beach with handful of beachfront restaurants and SPAs, and a short boat ride to nearby islands of Koh Phangan, Koh Tao and Angthong National Marine Park. It has one Thai-German restaurant with nice food and views within walking distance to the villa. The estate is professionally managed and guarded by a Thai British property management firm, which also offers various other services, such as car rentals, child care, chefs, massages, pre-arrival grocery shopping among others.
Although distances are short to many destinations, renting a car is strongly recommended for ease of mobility and given the mountainous terrain of the estate. Our house manager can assist with car rental and have it delivered to the villa (starting rate of baht 1,200 and up). Alternatively vehicles can be rented from major car companies such as Hertz, Avis, Budget, etc at the Samui airport. For best car rental deals, we book online through (website hidden) which partners with ThaiRentACar in Samui.
Other Things to Note
Enchanted Hills is an idylic setting for couples and families alike who enjoy mountainous terrain, nature and the road less travelled. In fact, it is suitable for anyone open to a new experience...
As this is our home, we welcome guests who are considerate, ecologically friendly and culturally respectful. Our rental rates (below those of other similar villas) are an estimation, intended to cover the costs of maintaining this tropical home in the best condition and with as many services as possible. We welcome offers based on circumstances from like-minded travelers who sense that Enchanted Hills is the place for them.
In the spirit of an environmentally friendly and sustainable lifestyle, within the technologies currently available and/or practical on the island, we have developed the following guide:
- for efficient air circulation during the day, open the doors and windows and use fans
- most effective way to cool off during hot sunny days is to jump in the pool or use the outdoor shower
- ACs are best used at night in bedrooms at +/- 26 C with fans and closed windows / doors;
- only cotton sheets are for bedding in the tropics, blankets are purely decorative;
- AC, Jacuzzi, fans and lights should be switched off when not in use & when leaving the house
- if ACs are on for too long, they may leak water causing wall/floor damage (guest security deposits cover such repairs); clear indication of AC overuse is the hot floor in the living area, as the AC compressors are located under the house
- retractable trellis covers should be pulled back and secured when not in use and/or in very windy or rainy conditions to prevent damage
1. Cancellations - please refer to airbnb specified guidelines to avoid losses
2. Smoking presents a hazard to individuals and property and is thus not allowed on the premises.
3. Only people specified in the Guest party (total number) may stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of the Guest.
4. The home is privately owned; the homeowners are not responsible for: (1) any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises, (2) the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises, appliances and services. When in doubt refer to the appliance manual for operating instructions.
5. Property and all furnishings are expected to be maintained in good order and returned as found. Any damage must be reported via email within 10 days and claims processed under the property protection insurance.
6. PETS are permitted only with prior written approval from the homeowner.
7. PARKING is limited to 1 vehicle at the lower carport only. Parking behind the house up the service road may be used but is not recommended for all vehicles. Any damage will be the sole responsibility of the guest. Parking on the road is not permitted as per village rules.
8. Housekeeping: is offered semi-/weekly as part of the rate; however daily maid service can be arranged at an extra fee paid by Guest. Linens, bath and pool towels are included in the home, Laundry facilities are included in the villa and available to Guest for personal use. Personal laundry services are not included in the semi-weekly cleaning and need to be arranged separately with housekeeping manager if required.
9. Pool and Jacuzzi: are used at the guest's full risk, accountability and responsibility and should not be used by children without adult supervision.
Sitting Area of the open living room with French doors to the pool deck and views of the sea and garden