About this listing
I live in a duplex apartment with yard in the artistic neighborhood of Fort Greene/Clinton Hill in Brooklyn, NY. I have lived here for over 15 years and love showing people my neighborhood's restaurants, cafes, bars, etc.
**Please send me a message confirming availability before sending a reservation request.**
Available for short-term rental is this furnished bedrooms in a duplex apartment with good light, hard wood floors, high ceilings and a huge kitchen.
The room is HUGE by New York City standards and has high ceilings, hard wood floors, and is furnished with one bed, dresser and desk. It can hold up to four guests on airmattresses.
Located in the popular neighborhood of Fort Greene/Clinton Hill, Brooklyn, our apartment is central to an incredibly diverse and unique artist community that is evident through the numerous cafes, restaurants, bars and cultural institutions located nearby. We are 7 minutes walk from the G train which will get you to downtown Manhattan in about 20 minutes.
• 7 min walk to the Clinton-Wash G stop
• 10 min bus ride to the A/C/F Jay Street train stop
• 1/2 blocks from supermarket
• 1 block from neighborhood laundromat
• 5 min walk to Pratt University
• 15-20 min walk to Fort Greene Park
• 20 min train to Manhattan
While in our apartment, you have access to wifi internet, large HD television with Netflix/DVD player, and a yard with a grill.
Our housemates work in the entertainment and arts industries and can suggest great entertainment while you're visiting.
Our apartment is not exactly the fancy, expensive, newly renovated brownstones that our neighborhood is becoming known for but we're a great find for those interested in more of a creative, comfortable, laid back experience.
Interaction with Guests
Since most of us are working on our own gigs, we will be around but mostly leave you to yourself unless you want to join us for a night out for food/drinks, etc.
Lisa is the kindest host and made our stay in New York very pleasant; we stayed in NY with a group of friends to celebrate new years eve. The apartment is located in a nice part of Brooklyn with cute shops and coffee bars nearby. We shared the large room with 4 people and this was very convenient.
My main criteria for these reviews are: 1) Did the place meet my expectations from the ad, and 2) Did I like my host and find communication and logistics easy to deal with. Lisa and her place were a winner = 5 stars.
1) Her apartment is what I would call a bit 'bohemian'. I was totally comfortable with that, but it felt more like a hostel than a B&B: except that I loved having my own big room to myself. Also, the best way to get to Manhattan means a short bus trip to the subway (which accepts the transfer on your metro card)... this could be considered somewhat inconvenient, but I had no problem with it. I liked the neighborhood a lot: it's a bit less 'gentrified' than something like Park Slope... so it just depends on your tastes.
2) Lisa was great, and that can make a stay for me even more than the accommodations. Even from our first communications I had a good feeling about it, and we got along great. Lisa was super accommodating, friendly, helpful and interesting too.
I spent two memorable weeks here and would definitely come back again.
This host has 11 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Lisa
I am an independent documentary filmmaker who produces films primarily for the United Nations and other international organizations. I have lived in Fort Greene, Brooklyn for the past 15 years. I love sharing my neighborhood with newbies!