About this listing
•BRIGHT, AIRY 3RD FLOOR OVERLOOKING ARNOLD CIRCUS.
•PROFESSIONALLY CLEANED WITH 800 TC LINENS, FLUFFY TOWELS & AESOP PRODUCTS.
•FULLY EQUIPPED KITCHEN AND WASHER/DRYER. SHOREDITCH OVERGROUND IS A 5 MIN WALK - EASY ACCESS TO ALL OF LONDON.
• Master Bedroom - 150 SF. King Size with Tempur Mattress (150*200).
• TV Room - 120SF. Pull out MUJI mattress (140*200)
• Third Bedroom - 100 SF - Double Mattress
• Double Mattress in Lounge that folds away so does not clutter the flat when not in use.
• Travel coat for babies provided.
• RESTAURANTS & AREA - I provide an extensive list of restaurants, pubs, galleries and parks in the area.
•OPEN PLAN KITCHEN / LOUNGE - Kitchen is fully equipped with La Creuset cookery items, juicer, blender, toaster.
Hans Olsen Danish Table that seats six.
• WIFI - 15MBps
• 40 Inch LED TV with Sky (sports package as well!)
• JAMBOX (wireless speaker for laptops and iPhones),
• DYSON Fan/Heater
• Wireless Printer.
• TOLETERIES - AESOP Shampoo, JASON body wash, toothpaste, dental floss, cotton buds, disposable razors & shaving cream.
• 800 Thread Count Linens and FLUFFY TOWELS.
• Hair Dryer (salon like!).
• GROCERIES : Three organic grocery stores and one 'normal' grocery store within walking distance.
• Yoga and Gym are within a 5 minute walk. I can arrange for a personal trainer and private yoga instructor as well.
• PARKING: 5hr Visitor Parking Vouchers available.
• CLEANER provided on request.
Guests will have access to the entire flat!
Interaction with Guests
• I'm always just a phone call away and at your disposal!
• Shoreditch is probably London's trendiest neighbourhood.
• It's London answer to NYC's east village/tribeca.
• The area benefits from great restaurants, cafes, galleries, hipsters and is probably the global epicentre for street art. It's just east of the city of london, home to evil bankers, so still very central.
• SHOREDITCH HIGH STREET - 3 min walk.
• OLD STREET - 9 mins
• LIVERPOOL STREET - 11 mins
• Loads of Buses taking you everywhere!
• Treat the place like it's your own and enjoy it as such as well. HAVE A GREAT STAY!
• Please remove all hard sole shoes and heels. Soft sole shoes are fine to wear in the house.
• PLEASE STRIP BEDS including duvet covers.
• NO SMOKING.
• Please WATER pants in flower beds every 3-4 days or if it looks like they need it.
• I will retain 1/2 of your deposit if i receive any noise complaints from my neighbours. I will also cancel the remainder of of your stay at your expense. In other words, noise after 2230sh will not be tolerated. I have not yet received a single complaint from my neighbours to date.
Over the past few years I've stayed at 30+ Airbnb rentals - this was one of my best experiences.
First, the location - if you want to be in or around Shoreditch it would be difficult to find a better spot. You're in Arnold Circus, which is quiet and full of character yet only a 2-3 minute walk from the very center of the neighborhood. Because the Circus has streets radiating in all directions, it's easy to go anywhere quickly. There are several nice cafés within a two-block radius of the apartment, and good restaurants as well as slightly offbeat shopping on both Redchurch and Boundary street.
Second, the apartment - I liked it when I first walked in and kept liking it more the longer I was there (4 nights). It takes up the third floor of the small building, around 900 square feet/80-90 square meters, and thus has light on all four sides. In fact each room is actually a corner room, with windows on two sides. As promised the kitchen is fully stocked and as is clear from the photos connects openly with the living/seating area. It's especially nice in the morning with the light coming in from the east. The master bedroom is bigger than it appears in the photos and feels both cozy and spacious. Then there's the bed ...
As an Airbnb host, I know that a comfortable bed and bedding are almost always appreciated, and this Tempurpedic certainly was. I'm a light sleeper and occasionally woke up from a bit of street noise - this bed sent me right back into deep sleep every time.
Third, Hugh - As the reviews indicate, he's quick to communicate and gracious in a subtle way. He's there if you need him and leaves you alone if not. He knows the city and neighborhood very well of course, and his recommendations are spot on. Just as important, he is/was flexible on my arrival and checkout plans and made things very easy on that front.
Overall - although the excellent late summer weather certainly contributed to my happiness, there's an overall vibe Hugh has created here which is even better than the sum of its very good parts. If you want to feel really at home and comfortable in a part of the city that's arrived and lively but still getting better, this is a great choice.
Hugh was very help full! we wanted to stay for 3 nights but first night was not possible in his place so he helped us to get a room in a great Hotel nearby! TOP!
Spacious, clean and well-equipped apartment with an excellent location, walking distance to "everything" in Shoreditch. The apartment has everything you need for your stay. We stayed 8 persons for two nights and would certainly stay again. The host is a nice guy and easy to reach if some questions pop up (which is few due to all the information he already has made put in the house manual).
We stayed for four nights and were very happy with the apartment because it was exactly what Hugh advertised. The neighborhood is great and not far from public transportation. Hugh was a thoughtful host and gave us fantastic restaurant suggestions in the area. We hope to come back again.
Overall good experience---Location was about 7 minute walk to shoreditch train, but the train was not working on the weekend so the next closest train was 15 minute walk- liverpool. Liverpool was a good hub for transportation.
There was no microwave which was a negative for us.
Also the tub was very high and I slipped a few times getting out. My grandfather and grandmother found it hard to get into and out of the tub so I would think twice if people in the group are elderly before booking. It is also a 4 story walkup with no lift.
The apartment was clean which is a major plus. A three minute walk away had quite a few bars which was very busy on the weekends.
The house is fully equipped, the kitchen is very spacious and full of appliances, the bathroom is also very large and full of everything. the rooms are very bright, because the house is full of windows and the beds are very comfortable. Hugh was very helpful, giving us his beautiful house, and plenty addresses of many delicious bars and restaurants.
We had a great time in London and Hugh's flat was a very comfortable base--just as described. We'd never heard of Shoreditch prior to the booking, but it's an amazing neighborhood. We could have spent our entire week just exploring the environs. Would definitely stay again.
This host has 181 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Hugh
• I'm a Canadian Brit that's been in London for over 13 years now. I have five listings, all of which are people's homes or designed to feel like a home without the personal items. I look forward to meeting you.
• I'm an attentive host in that I am always just a phone call way.
I provide an extensive guide on the area for restaurants, bars, museums & galleries.
• Languages : English, French and Spanish (broken)