The apartment is located in a very convenient place, out of the noisy streets and in a walkable distance from the main square, the churches, the museums, the university, the Parks, and my family is easy going and you will love to stay with them.
Room with private bathroom outside the bedroom in the neighborhood of Cusco
The room has towels and Internet access (wi fi).
the breakfast is Peruvian
Great location.. Just 15 minute walk up avenida el sol to the main square, 160 meters of the principal avenue of Cusco where can find everything you need to make your stay unforgettable
Restaurants, bars, markets, shops, handmade markets all in one area!!
The house has a small living and dining room where breakfast is served every morning. The kitchen can be used. The dining room is available if you want to eat.
there is all the time hot water, wifi, coffe and good company.
The Guest have access to all the house.
Interaction with Guests
I interact a lot with my Guests
the public transportation is only 1 minute walking, but you don't really need one, you can walk from my house to all the interesting places.
la seguridad es lo principal para nosotros, así que deberás informar si sales, si dejas cosas de valor y también deberás informar donde vas, te podemos proveer de un teléfono de Cusco si es necesario para poder ubicarte o para que te puedas comunicar con nosotros.
Absolutely amazing stay. Paul has wifi (though it did go down for a short time while we were there, it was down for much of the city so it was not his fault). Paul's English is excellent and his knowledge of the area is amazing. He also offered us his services to drive us to various of the ruins, which was a blast. He is a very studious person and is a great conversationalist. The rooms are quite comfortable and the beds are amazing. Hot shower! All in all, I would totally stay here again. He also pointed to all kinds of great local cuisine! Also very responsive to any needs or questions.
Dear Jake, Kristal and Jazmin, I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us, we are happy to continue learning and improving our facilities and services. Once again, thank you for recommending our place. We certainly look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back in the very near future. Sincerely, Paul Pinedo. Future Hotel Director :)
Pretty basic house, not super clean, but with a Good distance to the main square.
We started out having a bad experience, because in the first place the house is difficult to find and moreover Paul arrived an hour later than agreed. With that said it was early in the morning so that's understandable.
Paul is really friendly and nice.
Really good local advises on where to eat.
Paul is a very helpfull person, he will give you a lot of good advices. The room was very nice and with a lot of confort. I suggested Paul to everybody.
Dear Jimmy, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I appreciate your comments regarding our place and me. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.
And I promise to every future guest that I will improve my services, because I want to become in the best host here in Cusco :)
Thankfully we booked our stay only for 1 day at this place.
The listing doesn't match with what you'll get. The pictures aren't from the same place we stayed.
I have never had such a bad experience travelling and I'll surely be more cautious when looking thru Airbnb places (actually this is the only bad experience I had).
We've never met Paul, our host during our stay was Teresa, maybe Paul's mother.
We had to almost beg to get toilet paper, they didn't serve breakfast/small lunch as announced.
Our room neighbor had the TV on the max volume for the whole night until almost midnight so we couldn't really rest. Also, when we got there in the morning we tried to take a nap to recover from the early morning flight but we couldn't since there was a couple arguing really loud in the house.
The bathroom was filthy. There was dirt on the floor and lots of all kind of hair in the shower.
The shower bath was hot but it was like taking a shower on tap. The showerhead was blocked and you couldn't get much water from it.
As another user commented, the room was also dusty. Felt like it was unused for a while but also found some hairs on the sheets. The beds were really bad, they were either too soft or too hard.
If you can walk to the main square in 10 minutes you should be in the Olympic Games. It isn't that close, maybe if you run or use a bike you can make it, not by walk.
We should stay for 2 more days when we got back from Machu Picchu but we couldn't. We really regretted from renting this place. There are plenty of options you can rent for the same price and have much more comfort like hostels and everything.
Would definitely NOT recommend this room. Horrible experience!
1. Our room was an additional room on the rooftop ( actually quite a few additional rooms on the rooftop and on other floors too and our room is just one of them. It should be dangerous in case of fire). It was cold in the room even though it was summer ( late Dec in Peru). We asked for heaters but was told we had three blankets each bed. We still felt cold at night and imagine three blankets on you at night, not a pleasant experience, they were heavy!
2. No hot water in the shower room. Teresa, the host asked a guy to fix the shower head and failed. We ended up using another guest's shower room. We felt dangerous especially it was a guy's shower room and we were three ladies.
3. The room was dirty and looked like un-used for a while ( dusty)
4. We never got to meet Paul. Teresa took us in. But she spoke no English and we had a huge problem communicating with her. We asked her to call Paul for interpretation and she told us Paul doesn't exist. We ended up using (website hidden) Translator to talk to Theresa. We wrote Paul airbnb messages when we had a problem communicating with Theresa, but even after we checked out, Paul never replied.
5. The location is not ideal. The taxi driver frowned when he learned of the location of this airbnb. It is not really in the center of the downtown Cusco, another 3-5 minutes drive to the center. You wouldn't wanna walk there because it was hard to find and it was a bit dark to walk there from the city center.
6. We needed to go to a bus station at 6 am the next morning. We asked Theresa to get a taxi for us and she offered to ask her son to give a ride and charged 20 soles ( we cut the price by 5 soles). But it was a bit overpriced. The 5 minute drive would have cost 10 soles in Cusco.
7. No breakfast served as promised
8. The pictures are deceiving. The living room doesn't serve the picture justice.
The only positive experience was that Theresa helped us call our travel agency for our trip next day.
Sorry Chaoyen, we had a lot of confusion these days near the holidays. I am really sorry for the inconvenience. I am currently in the process of updating the listing. I will no longer put guests in Teresa´s house because her service has been sub-par and I want to recover my reputation. I am sincirely sorry. Paul
We never met the host. We were "managed" by another resident. The room is not even remotely 10 min walk to the main square. more like30-45. It is very hard to find.
Room was clean. Bed was hard as a rock. And pillow almost non-existent. We had to beg the "manager host" to get toilet paper being told to pitch in some money for it. Bathroom was tiny.
Would not return here.
This host has 8 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
Hi, I´m Paul - a self-confident, hardworking, creative person. in the evenings I like to drink coffe and read several books ranging on topics from biology to history, I am constantly thirsty for knowledge and new experiences, I know that our global society has a tremendous amount of potential. I am free from prejudice and accept all races. I believe that our world needs to continue to evolve while maintaining simplicity.