About this listing
Beautiful almost 300 years old wooden cottage in heart of Switzerland at last plateau before Engelberg - mecca for freeriders.With unique familiar atmosphere which you can't find in hotels. Ideal for active holidays. You will be surrounded by nature.
Last plateau before Engelberg 800 m above sea level. When you wake up you can be within 10 minutes at the Ski station and after other 15 minutes on Titlis - 3020 m above sea level. In winter season freeriders from whole Europe come here. But there you can find much more activities than freeride - paragliding, via ferrata, mountainbiking, walking in mountains, sunbathing at beautiful clear mountain lakes, scuba diving...
The price 45 CHF is per person per night. Clening costs departure time CHF 15.00 per Person.
We have 6 rooms for guests - one with 6 beds, one with 5 beds and two with 3 beds. There are also 2 newly renovated bathrooms, 2 toilets, pantry, newly renovated kitchen and two livingrooms.
If you want to rent whole house it costs 520 CHF per night. Otherwise, it's highly possible that there will be more guests in house.
Even if in the calendar it looks the house to be full, you may write me since we might still have some availability. Because even with only one person's reservation, at the Airbnb calendar it appears full house booked.
In Klondike you have free wifi. In livingrooms are TV, in bigger livingroom is also Apple TV so you can play anything from your Iphone or Ipad. Use of washing machine only after permission. Kitchen is full equipped - electric water boiler, microwave oven, dishwashing machine, toaster, induction hob, coffeemaker...
At the pantry there are boxes for your food and two fridges with freezers.
Interaction with guests
If you need anything we're in the nighbours so we can help you anytime.
Other things to note
The house is made of wooden, and therefore it can be noisy sometimes and smoking is only allowed outside.
We have cat, his name is Čert von Stein Please left your dogs at home. Čert doesn't like them.
Dogs or any other pets only after permission.
Please feel and behave here like at home. It is only important to tidy up after yourself and follow few house rules which I will tell you after your arrive. bring your slippers!! :-)
1. Strict prohibition of smoking and manipulating with open fire in the house.
The only exception is, when you are in bathroom. The candle could be placed only on designated place and all the time under restraint. Before you leave the room you are required to blow out all the candles! The fire-extinguisher is next to the main entrance and extinguishing blanket is in the kitchen. The biggest water supplies are into the bath, shower and in kitchen into the sink. In bathrooms are black waste bins under wash-basins boards. These bins could be used for water during fire. The shortest escape routes are: windows in bathrooms, main entrance and back entrance in 1st floor opposite toilet.
2. If you are sharing the house with other guests there is night hour 22:00 – 6:00. If you are only group of guests the night hour depends on you.
3. Turn lights off (the light in 1st floor in the hall could be on all the time). In winter don’t open the windows, if you need to, open it max. for 2 – 3 minutes together with closed doors. Entrance doors, doors to entrance hall, pantry and toilets has to be closed all the time! In summer open windows only with the mosquito nets. In winter left the doors to rooms open, because of heating the rooms through halls and during the day the small movable heaters have to be turned off.
4. We are not liable for your valuables. If you want you can store it at hosts.
5. All shared rooms keep clean. After using kitchen clean up after yourselves immediately. The counter top has to be clean and free all the time. All dishes except teflon pans and wooden spoons put in the dish-washer. Before putting it to dish-washer rinse the worst dirt. Stainless steel pots hand wash only with the yellow (softer) side of the dish sponge, otherwise it will be scratched. If the dirt is baked, let it soaked. If the dish-washer is full, start it. Tabs are on the counter top and we use only the program INTENSIVE. Please after using pots make it free and clean and put your food in plastic boxes to fridge, so other guests can use the pots again. You can use outside grill, if you clean it after yourselves and good keep down the fire.
6. Put all your food to plastic boxes or fridges in pantry. Small things, which you often use (tea, sugar, kid bottles, thermos bottles…), you can place to free drawers or cupboards in the kitchen. Please don’t leave this things on the counter top.
7. Sort out the garbage. PET–bottles (not plastics in general), tins, paper, glass and things suitable to compost. PET-bottles and tins make empty and crumple it. Mixed waste is the blue plastic bag in the kitchen, for sort out garbage is there another bag next to it and for compost is on the counter top big bowl. If you do not know how to do that, we will advise you gladly.
8. You can park on the park place for 2 cars near the Klondike. I fit is full you can park in line at drive way to barn in front of the house. If the grass is wet don’t go by cars on it near the house! If you are not sure where you can park, we will gladly show it to you.
9. After skiing you can dry your things around tile stove in living rooms. Your skies you can put to basement.
10. Cleaning cost departure time CHF 20.00 per Person.
If you need anything, we are here to help you :D
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
D: Wir leben im Berghaus Klondike in Obermatt. Auf Reisen bevorzugen wir Unterkünfte für sportbegeisterte junggebliebene Leute. Diese möchten ich Ihnen in meinem Berghaus bieten. Erleben Sie die Gastfreundschaft, die Ihnen in diesem Haus zuteil wird. :-)
EN: We live in Berghaus Klondike in Obermatt. When we travel we prefer unique home atmosphere than big impersonal hotels. The same we trying offer to my guests. So they can taste swiss life. :-)