About This Listing
A cozy and peaceful apartment with Korean family , you will feel like you are at home. Just 9 minutes walk from Onsu station where you can take subway line 1 and 7. It connects major tour spots within 30-50 minutes, only 1.5 USD fare.
People do love my apartments because,
1. Beautiful scenery(Mountain view) from the guest room.
2. People can learn Korean from my 6 years old son.
If you are a fan of Kpop, you can learn Kpop dance from my wife. My wife - Michelle is a Kpop and Zumba dance instructor.
3. People can go almost everywhere in Seoul by taking subway 1 or 7 from Onsu station. The fare is only 3 USD for round trip.
4. Very quite and fresh air. People can hike as there is a mountain.
5. You could feel like you are not in Seoul as this neighborhood is really peaceful and quite.
6. You could get a high quality picture of you and with my family as I do love taking photography.
7. We have 3 free wi-fi almost every rooms so you could get access internet with a high speed.
People might don't like my apartment because,
1. Bit far from center of Seoul. My apartment is located in end of western Seoul. Takes about 40 ~ 50 minutes by subway to famous places like Gangnam, Myeongdong and Hongdae. But, you can go almost everywhere by subway line 1 and 7. The subway fare is only 3 USD(3,000 Korean Won) for round trip to almost everywhere in Seoul.
2. Little bit far from the subway station. 8 minutes walk from Onsu station. But, you can do exercise or you can transfer to bus from the station.
If you are planning to travel around Korea more than a week, I recommend you use my home as your journey base camp. Staying one night is also okay. We will advise you great plans for the trip and you can may get a generous discount if you want to move to my other private studios in the central Seoul.
And, if you are okay, we can enjoy BBQ party together.
Come and get a chance~
About our space and bedrooms
We have two types of private bedrooms. Type A is a double bedroom and type B is a bunk bed room.
Type A : 1~2 persons can sleep. Good for couple / single
Type B: 1~3 persons can sleep. Good for friends / single / family
Location and local attractions
Situated in the south-west zone of Seoul, where the subway line 1 and 7 are crossing.(Onsu station) This area is rather close to Bucheon, Gyounggi Province and Incheon. 53km from the Incheon International airport and 13km from the Gimpo international airport.
You can easily access Seoul major tour spots by subway or bus(30 minutes to Gimpo airport, Sindorim / 40 minutes to Hongdae, Sinchon / 50 minutes to Myeongdong, Gangnam)
FYI, The subway or bus fare is just about 3 dollars for round trip.
And, if you like shopping, you can visit Sindorim D-Cube city or Technomart which is quite near from my flat(takes 20 minutes by car or subway)
One of the most great things of this apartment is silent and peaceful environment. You can hike mountain or visit temple. The mountain is not so high so it's very relaxing and get you refreshed. Through the mountain, you can reach two botanical gardens, one is Bucheon botanical garden and the other is Purun Botanical garden. Both places are free.
Guest will share a living room with a host
And, you can use a desktop with a printer and WI-FI is also free.
We provide a fan during the summer season. And, the Korean style floor heating system will keep you warm during the winter.
We have two bathrooms, one is for the guests and the other is for our family.
Interaction with Guests
Free city tour & Shopping guide(if I am available )
Free BBQ party with my family
Arranged Tour by me. I will be your driver and tour guide. 1 or 2 days is available with affordable rate. Inquire me.
1. Korean Traditional Breweries + Local attractions close to each breweries(I've been visiting local Korean breweries as a certified blogger from Korean agricultural ministry)
2. Korean Pop Dance class that is taught by my wife with Korean 아줌마(married woman)
3. DMZ & JSA,
4. Buying K-Pop concert
5. Ski Resort / National Mountains
6. Everland / Korean Folk Village
7. Namyi Island / Morning Calm Arboretum
8. Any places that you want to visit
9. Photography tour(You will get your portrait JPG file) I am a quite famous travel blogger in Korea.
Peaceful and nice people. There are 2 botanical gardens(Bucheon Botanical Garden and Purun Botanical Garden) and you can hike anytime.
You must visit these 2 botanical gardens, especailly during the spring and autumn. Yo u could see very beautiful flowers or color of leaves.
Subway line 1 and 7 connect to almost anywhere of Seoul.
Bus numb(phone number hidden) connects to river north of center.
Parking is available without any charge.
By AREX(Airport Railway) + Incheon Subway Line 1 + Seoul Subway Line 7, You can come to my apartment. The fare is only about 5 USD.
Other Things to Note
As my wife and I are both Korean, you can experience Korean culture, Korean food even K-pop(My wife is a K-pop dance instructor) And, my little son is 4 years old, if you want to learn Korean, he will be your good Korean teacher:)
We will serve you a breakfast. Also,if you want to, you can have a lunch and a dinner without any charge.
(But, it is only possible when my wife is available)
If you complete booking, you will be provided detail direction.
* Airport pickup is available *
- 80,000 Won / One way(Including highway toll fee)
* Guests can use a gym at the community hall with 30,000 Won(about 28 USD) in case less than a month *
* A Mobile Wi-Fi Egg rental is available with 5000 Won per day for the guest, no deposit.(In case of long term rental, discount is available, please inquire)
If you rent from the service provider in the airport, the daily price is 8800 Won + big deposit
- Wi-Fi Egg is a small device that makes you to connect internet at outside, such as on the subway, on the street, almost everywhere in the city of Korea.
No smoking. No pet allowed.
Please take off your shoes in the room. Please make sure to turn off heater and air-conditioner when you leave the house.(Save the energy :))
Jaemu, Michelle, and Heeseong were an absolute joy to be around. They are very gracious and welcoming hosts and the room was beautiful, clean, and spacious. The apartment is close to Onsu station and is easy to find. Jaemu and Michelle are extremely helpful and can assist you with any questions you may have about the area. They are also very well traveled and have great tips to share as well. I definitely loved my stay with them and will book here again when I return to Korea!
I choose this place for my friend because it's located near the Onsu Station. She said that this is a good place to stay, and enjoy Korea where you can interact with Korean. She likes your the host and the family! Thank you Jaemu!
Michelle, Steve and their son Heeseong are absolutely most wonderful hosts. They made me feel welcome the minute I arrived - and also Steve's instructions on how to get to their place were very helpful. I really loved the location on the outskirts of megacity seoul - and the hiking trail they have passing their apartment was a definite must for me to hike on - simply wonderful if you are into nature. I really loved the bed I slept in and the possibilities for shopping and take away food were great for my standards. Getting into the city by metro was a snap and worth the time spent because I really enjoy the countryside and are not that much of a city person. Also Steve is a great cook - and Michelle was just wonderful to talk to. I learned quite a bit about Korean culture- and I really liked it. So a definite place to recommend and stay with.
oba人很好 有贴心的早饭 还请我们在家吃了韩国第一顿烤肉 味道好极啦 onsu乘坐地铁也方便 oba有空时也会接送我们去地铁 给oba108个赞
It was the first time I’ve used Airbnb and my first time abroad. My sister and me enjoyed our stay in Peaceful guesthouse. The hosts Jaemu and his wife Michelle are very nice people. And their son is very cute.
The apartment is clean and cozy and the view from window is great! The room looks exactly like it shown in picture. It’s a bit far from the center of the city, but subway station is quite near so it was not a problem.
The hosts made us feel very welcome and comfortable throughout our stay there. We would recommend this place to anyone!
This host has 194 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Jaemu
"I wish all my guests stay comfortable and have a wonderful memory at my place"
Hi Everyone who is interested in Korea and plan to visit Korea.
I am a traveler and a photographer. I've been sharing my travel stories through my blog. Also, I've been working with several Camera brands such as Canon Korea and Olympus Korea for promoting camera products. Sometimes, I work with Airlines too for promoting their new flight routes. My next goal is that promote traditional spots, traditional products and breweries for foreign visitors.
My wife and I are certified by Korea Tourism Organization to host foreign visitors. This program is so called, "Koreastay" We were the 1st Koreastay host since 2010. Not only Koreastay program but also we are currently renting out private studios for foreign visitors.
We've been to many countries, China, Japan, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Fiji, Guam, Hawaii, Australia, Russia, France, Dubai, Taiwan, Cambodia and USA. We are very interested in foreign culture and love to share my culture, especially my hometown Seoul with a lot of friends.
My wife teaches Korean-Pop dance for foreign (email hidden) culture center at Myeongdong.
As we love travelling and travel a lot. if you need an advise about travel in Korea, we are glad to help you.
Hope you can make a good memory in Korea.
These are my available tour options for the visitors.
1. Free city tour & Shopping guide(if I am available )
Available language: English / Chinese / Japanese / Korean
2. Arranged Tour by me. I will be your driver and tour guide. 1 or 2 days is available with affordable rate. Inquire me.
- Visit Korean Traditional Breweries + Local attractions close to each breweries(I've been writing articles about local Korean breweries as a certified travel blogger from Korean agricultural ministry)
- Korean Pop Dance class that is taught by my wife with Korean 아줌마(married woman) Not only you can learn K-pop dance choreography but also you can make Korean friends. My wife is fluent in English.
- DMZ tour
- Buying K-Pop concert tickets, Performance tickets, attraction or entrance tickets with discounted rate
- Ski Resort / National Mountains / Hot spring
- Everland / Korean Folk Village
- Namyi Island / Morning Calm Arboretum
- Any places that you want to visit
- Photography tour(You will get your portrait JPG file) I am a quite famous travel blogger.
Bucheon Botanical garden. You can hike. Flowers is everywhere. There is a small zoo, children will love this placeChunui-dong Bucheon-si Gyeonggi-do 420-120
Huge shopping center. 3 kms away from my apartment. You can buy not only gloceries but also electroic goods괴안동 부천시 경기도 422-090
Puren Botanical garden. 1st Botanical garden in Seoul, was open to the public on the August of 2013. There is a lake and deserted railway where you can take a walk. It is free to look around.Seoul
Mega shopping center where you can enjoy shopping. 8 KM from my home상2동 부천시 경기도
Hyundai Department Store목1동 서울 158-051
New shopping mall - D Cube City has just opened in my neighborhood. You could access this place by subway within 15 minutes from my house.서울특별시
Huge electronic shops. You can buy anything about the electronics구로동 서울특별시 152-050
This is a park that displays miniature of 109 famous international architectures. 20 minutes from my flat and 1 hour from Incheon Airport상3동 부천시 경기도 420-033
You can enjoy Golf, Ski and hot spring in here. Very near from my flat.상동 부천시 경기도
Huge shopping center. You can go there from my flat by subway, it will only take 20 minutes.영등포동4가 서울특별시