About this listing
This double bedroom has an ensuite which provides a bit of privacy for your stay.
The flat is a two bedroom flat where you will share the kitchen and living areas with one other and has a small cosy balcony.
• Spacious, light, modern, double room, on a quiet backstreet, close to Brick Lane and Shoreditch. The room has a comfortable double bed, chest of drawers, wardrobe, side table, reading chair, and all necessary modern conveniences. Comes with an ensuite bathroom with private shower, sink and toilet. Bedlinen, sheets, and towels, shampoo and soaps provided.
• Lounge with open plan kitchen is available for you to use. Kitchen has all modern commodities included. Coffee & tea is complimentary, and we can arrange for you to have fridge space available if necessary.
• There is wifi, TV, Sky Digital, and DVD player, as well as a large DVD library.
• Located between Aldgate East and Whitechapel (zone 1), just below Brick Lane, the flat is on a quiet street in a friendly neighbourhood, just a short walk from Brick Lane, The Whitechapel Gallery, Petticoat Lane, Spitalfields Market, Colombia Flower Market, and Shoreditch. The flat is also around the corner from our absolute favourite Bengali/Punjabi restaurant, Tayyabs.
• Shopping in the Brick Lane area caters to many independent designers, as well as a huge selection of vintage and genuine leather shops, and quirky, original gift shops and antique stores with great finds. This is unique to the Central East side of London, and great experience for all ages.
• In less than 20min walking, you can be next to Tower Hill , St Katherine's Docks, and the Thames, Tate Modern, The Design Museum, and more, with quick access to Southbank, St Pauls, and the City.
• Numerous buses and underground lines can take you all over London from here. We recommend getting an oyster card upon arrival in London. We do have a few spare ones you can borrow during your stay as well.
• This is a good place to go out from and yet come home to for a quiet night's sleep.
• We are quite relaxed people, one of us a designer/photographer working from home during the week, and we do also have a fun social life and spend time out frequently; we are known to be easy going and sociable. We love to cook and share the occasional bottle of wine, or cold beer, with our guests as well.
For stays longer than 4 days we are happy to change bedding and towels; just please let us know. Washing machine and other items will though be at your own expense if stays are long
• Any questions, please just ask.
• Tambien se habla espanol.
• On parle aussi français.
• Vi pratar också svenska.
• Occasionally, the whole flat is also available upon request. (2 double bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchen/lounge); just ask, please. The main bathroom has a whirlpool jacuzzi-like tub.
This is a non-smoking flat.
!!! SMOKING ONLY ALLOWED ON BALCONY, OUTSIDE THE FLAT !!!
Use of the kitchen facilities, fridge,etc. During the week, the living area is used as our offices, so we tend to prefer professionals and people who are generally busy from 9-6. Do ask us if you have any concerns.
Interaction with Guests
We are willing to share tips on London over a beer or glass of wine. We do dinners in and out and are very happy to get to know our guests. During weekdays, we like things quiet 9-6 as we work from home, so we tend to prefer professionals and people who are busy outside of the house from 9-6.
Ethnic and classic London neighbourhood full of Asian restaurants and near an splendid social life. The most fashionable part of Shoreditch is within walking distance.
Two London Underground stations are within 5 minutes walk and even the DLR is not far. Plenty of buses to the center stop within 3 minutes of the flat.
A few things:
1. Please remove your shoes inside the house.
2. Please preapprove any visitors with us.
Friends are fine, but not to stay over.
3. This is a NON SMOKING house, however there are ashtrays on the balcony should you wish to step out for a smoke.
4. If alone at home, make sure ALL windows are shut and locked, and the front door is locked at the bottom.
5. Please close the curtains to the lounge if you leave the house.
6. Please try to be quiet and respectful in the evening, especially outside, as we are part of a courtyard flat complex with friendly neighbours.
7. Check-in is 3pm and onwards. Check-out is 10am, unless otherwise agreed. You are free to leave your luggage here should you have late travel arrangements, and we are always happy to discuss anything.
Any other questions, please ask.
We are friendly, social, yet respectful, clean, and peaceful people. Our home is your home, and we hope you will treat us the same way you expect to be treated ;)
Extra towels & blankets available if required.
NO PETS ALLOWED! NO SMOKING IN THE FLAT.
When sharing common area of lounge, do check with us first. We tend to prefer keeping the area to us during weekdays, as this is our main office, so professionals and people who are busy 9-6 are preferable.
Any other questions, just ask.