This charming 40 m² (430 sq. feet) apartment is located on Rue des Francs Bourgeois in the lively 3rd district called Marais. From Rue des Francs Bourgeois you enter into a courtyard through a large wooden gate. There is a security code at the gate. This bright apartment has three double 2m high windows which open into the courtyard. It is equipped with an oven, nespresso machine, electric kettle, toaster, glass-ceramic cooktop panel, fridge, freezer, washing machine, hair dryer, bathtub, cable TV, unlimited high speed internet access, WiFi, stereo with iPhone interface. The apartment accommodates 3 people or 2 adults + 2 children.
Also provided: fresh bed linens, blankets, pillows, towels and kitchen utensils.
Subway: St. Paul / Bastille, Metro Line 1 (directly connecting to : Château de Vincennes, Louvre, Tuileries, Place de la Concorde and Champs-Elysées)
Area: Le Marais.
This apartment is located Rue des Francs Bourgeois in the 3rd district called the Marais - a few steps away from the Place des Vosges, a great small park surrounded by impressing 17th century façades. The Rue des Francs Bourgeois is known for its fashionable & trendy boutiques and art galleries, which are also open on Sundays. It is very close to many places like Hôtel de Ville, National Archives, Place de la Bastille. Within 10 min. walking distance to the south you are at the Cathédrale Notre Dame and Saint Michel / Saint Germain on the left bank of the Seine river. The Centre Pompidou, a Mecca of modern & contemporary culture and art is nearby. Le Marais is a trendy district in Paris celebrated for its nightlife. This area is the center and oldest part of Paris and contains many of its museums, art galleries and historic sites. Le Marais is composed of the 3rd and 4th district of Paris and is located on the Rive Droite. Excellent bakeries are also just a hop away. Nearby: Supermarkets, Restaurants, Cafés, Theaters, Cinemas, Clubs.
No smoking place
We had a great stay in Le Marais. The appartment is at the perfect location and met our expectations. Celine's directions were concise but very sufficient. We would definitely recommend this to others and return ourselves. Points of improvement are that a coffee maker is lacking (Nespresso is available however) and towels could be renewed.
My girlfriend and I stayed at the apartment for 3 nights during the weekend.
Overall, the place is great. The benefits clearly surpass the disadvantages.
1. Location, Location, Location! The apartment is right in the middle of the "Le Marais" neighborhood, the street is beautiful and filled with boutique stores of all kinds: fashion, patisseries etc. During Saturday and Sunday the street filled with people of all kinds and the atmosphere is great! Restaurants, cafes, museums and tourist attractions are all within reach either by foot or by the metro (3-5 minutes walk).
2. The apartment is as seen in the pictures and clean, neat and properly equipped. The heat works perfectly, the kitchen is sufficient for a couple and it's a very comfortable apartment to hangout in, especially in relation to the apartments' size in the center of Paris.
3. We didn't meet Celine in person, but she gave us all the information we needed up front, and was promptly available during our stay over the phone or by e-mail. Moreover, she let us leave our baggage before the check-in (during the thorough(!) cleaning) and to do a late checkout. WELL APPRECIATED!
1. The shower stream is very, very low! And the bath is weirdly high - showers are not fun.
2. The bed is a bit small (I think around 1.40m), if you are used to sleep on a 1.60m or a king size bed, you'll feel the difference. It suits 2 adults exactly, without extra space for indulging.
3. Light sleepers, beware! The walls are thin, and you can hear the neighbors. We didn't mind, because we returned to the apartment really tired every day, and we are not light sleepers, but if you are, take this into account.
In the middle:
Not really a disadvantage, but worth mention.
1. There are no "Extras" which can make the apartment a bit more luxurious: there is a nesspreso machine but no capsules. No coffee, tea or milk (we left some for the lucky future guests) etc.
Again, overall, very good apartment, good value for money and would recommend it.
This is the second time we stayed at Celine's place and it's still as good as ever.
Great location, great neighbourhood, great host. Definitely staying here again the next trip !
The flat helped us have a very nice time in Paris as it has an amazing location, exactly at the centre of beautiful and so convenient Marais! Celine has been very helpful and although she was abroad, she was able to answer any question straight away. Clean and well-equipped.
Celine made us feel very welcome, and the apartment was laid out beautifully. There was plenty of cutlery and kitchen utensils and the bathroom was great. The neighbourhood was very trendy, with some great shops and places to eat. We were really in a very central spot!
Celine's apartment has an excellent location, we could either walked or take the metro to the main touristic sites of Paris. Arrival was very easy and Celine's instructions were easy to follow as well. Apartment have what you need to cook a few meals and the nespresso machine came in handy. We didnt actually meet Celine but she replied all of our inquiries very quickly via whatsapp. I really recommend this place: you walk out of the building and you are already "sightseeing" and enjoying the city.
Great location. On a wonderful, busy street; yet the apartment is very quiet. Helpful host.
This host has 335 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews