Maximum of 4 people only. There is NO kitchen (there is a fridge & microwave.)
You can check the price & availability by entering your dates on the right. The site will tell you if those dates are available and the total price.
A recently renovated 1-bedroom apartment with a private, ensuite bathroom and a living room with a queen size air mattress. There is no kitchen, only a refrigerator and a microwave.
You will have great privacy, and an apartment that is not cluttered with the homeowner's stuff as this apartment is used exclusively as a legal rental property.
Once the reservation is confirmed, I will send you maps and detailed information about the neighborhood.
- 1 queen size bed in the bedroom
- 1 queen size air mattress that can be set up in the living room
- 1 sofa for a child/young adult (the sofa does NOT pull out into a bed)
There's a small refrigerator, a microwave, an iron, a hair dryer; shampoo & conditioner; extra blankets and extra pillows.
Breakfast is NOT INCLUDED. There are many very good cafes within a block of the apartment, and there's a kettle for hot water though you will have to bring your own coffee or tea.
CHECK IN/OUT TIMES:
Flexible except when another party is checking out on the same day you arrive, or checking in on the same day that you are departing. In which case the check in and out times are as follows:
-Check out time is 11:00 am
-Check In time is 2:00 pm or later
You can always drop your luggage at any time on check-in day and also leave them in the hallway while you are sight seeing on your check-out day.
The apartment occupies the entire first floor of a two-family home. You will be collecting your keys from Frank, the owner. My name is Min, and I manage the apartment and do NOT live there, but am always available via phone or email. Do not hesitate to call, text or email me any questions you may have. I live very close by and can be there very quickly should the need arise.
Although this is a non-smoking apartment, it is not for people sensitive to smoke as there's a smoker in the other apartment.
Interaction with guests
Always available via text or email!
Other things to note
1. Even if you're going to be here for less than 7 days, do buy a $30 7-day unlimited MetroCard for the subway and buses. It's economical and makes sense even if you're going to be here for just 4 days.
2. Download an app called Citymapper which will help you navigate our very vast and extensive subway system. You can get specific directions and have access to the subway map - very helpful.
3. Get ready to walk! NYC is built for walking, and although you'll probably have an unlimited MetroCard for the subway, you're still going to be doing a lot of walking!
4. What you MUST bring is a pair of really comfortable, thick-soled shoes.
A note for our foreign visitors: please be aware that it is customary to tip 15-20% when you eat out at restaurants. Waiters/waitresses do not get paid a normal salary and rely on tips to make their wages, so be generous to our poor service people!! Of course, if the service is not good, then you can reduce tips appropriately, but here in NY, 15% is the minimum. The only other person you tip is a taxi driver who generally gets about 10% of the metered fare.
This is a no smoking apartment although you might smell cigarette smoke from the apartment upstairs.
Check in is generally after 3pm with check out no later than 11am. Please check with me regarding any other time.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me.
My name is Min. I am a friend of Frank's and help him run this rental apartment.
I have been a host on Airbnb for over 4 years, and you can read my reviews for my room listed under the title "One stop to Midtown Manhattan".