About This Listing
3 Br/ 2 ba, off 17 mile drive, one block from Spanish Bay, inside beautiful Pebble Beach. 5 min walk to beach. Close to Carmel, Monterey Aquarium, Fisherman's Wharf. Private beautiful back yard with dining table and chairs, outdoor fireplace.
This cozy, newly remodeled home on The Old Drive boasts a wonderful location in Pebble Beach, with Spanish Bay a block away and the spectacular 17 Mile Drive a short stroll away. A beautifully landscaped garden with patio and gazebo offers a tranquil spot for entertaining or relaxing to the soothing sound of ocean waves. Inside, a fully-equipped kitchen with granite countertops and quality stainless-steel appliances opens into the living and dining area, ideal for entertaining. The comfortably furnished living room accented with a wood-burning fireplace is ideal for quiet reading or family gathering. All bedrooms are beautifully done, with quality beds and bedding. The tastefully designed bathrooms include granite countertops and glass-enclosed natural-stone showers.
Less than a fifteen-minute walk to the Lodge at Pebble Beach and the Monterey Peninsula Country Club, this cozy home offers privacy and tranquility in one of Pebble Beach's most desirable neighborhoods. Both the Pebble Beach Golf Course and the Cypress Point Golf Club can be reached in less than five minutes drive to make those early tee times.
Outdoor adventures abound here! Start the day by taking a stroll along the magnificent Pacific Ocean. You can see harbor seals, sea lions, and otters splashing playfully in the surf, or watch as regal egrets studiously observe the golfers. In the afternoon, enjoy a wide selection of activities the ocean has to offer, such as kayaking, diving, or surfing. If you're land-bound, take a trip down to local tidal pools teeming with animal life or spend the afternoon hiking gorgeous seaside trails. End the day by watching the sunset at Lone Cypress Point, then relaxing at home with a good book. All the best attractions of Pebble Beach, Carmel's shops and restaurants, and the Monterey Peninsula are only minutes away by car. The options here are endless.
We are glad to answer any questions and do all we can to ensure you have a wonderful stay in this home. Please feel free to contact us for more information.
Two gate passes will be provided during your stay.
1. Check in and check out:
Check in: 3:00pm; Check Out: 11:00 am
If you require a later check out please contact us earlier and we will do our best to accommodate you.
• Upon Check Out, doors and windows must be closed and locked.
Parking: Parking is available in 2 car garage, the front of the home driveway, and plenty of parking space in front yard.
2. Internet and TV: wireless internet and cable TV provided
3. Cancellation Policy
• Cancellations must be made by phone, and confirmed in writing or by e-mail. There are no refunds for unused lodging.
• 100% refund will be given to cancellations 3 month prior to the arrival date.
• Cancellations occurs between 1 month to 3 month prior to arrival date, 50% of deposit will be refunded.
• Cancellations occurs less than a month prior to arrival date, no refund will be promised. However, the owner will do her best to rent the cottage out and will refund 50% to the guest on the dates that being booked.
• Guests are encouraged to purchase travel insurance if this is a risk that they do not wish to accept.
4. "NO PETS / NO SMOKING” policy. Upon clean up, if there is evidence of animal or smoke, guests will be charged of a fee for any type of cleaning service due to flee or smoke. Owner may give special permission to accept small, quiet and well behaved dogs.
5. Occupancy Limits: The Maximum occupancy is EIGHT (8). This includes adults and children over 2 years of age. If the Guest exceeds the occupancy, Please notify the owner for special approval.
6. Excessive Noise: The Old Drive Cottage is located in a residential neighborhood. Guests shall be quiet and peacefully enjoy the premises so as not to disturb the neighbors. The use of T.V. radio or stereos outdoors is prohibited.
7. Cleaning and supplies:
• The cleaning crew will clean the entire house.
• Weekly cleaning can be arranged for an extra fee of $150 or a partial cleaning, which can be discussed with property manager, Roger.
• Supplies: The Old Drive Cottage is provided with towels, bed linens, kitchen utensils, pots and pans. A supply of starter toiler paper, paper towels, dish soap, hand soap, trash bags, and tissues are provided along with a full spice rack. We do not provide food, however there may be some of these left by previous quests. Owner are not responsible for the food left by previous guests.
8. Lost or forgotten items are not the responsibility of the owner and cleaning crew; however, we will extend every effort to assist Guests in the recovery and return of the items. Please provide your forwarding info along with a paid shipping label from UPS or postal office for returning the found items.
9. Guest responsibilities
• Children are guest’s responsibility to ensure their safety.
• Damages and Injury: The guest accepts complete responsibility for any property damage or personal injuries during the term of occupancy. The Guest is responsible for breakage and property damage due to their occupancy beyond normal wear and tear. All damages to the home or the property must be reported to Jackie Yu’s property manager at time of incident.
• Controlled Substances: Guests and the members of their party shall not use or permit to be brought into The Old Drive Cottage any illegal or controlled substances, marijuana, firearms, or items hazardous to person or property. Guests and their friends are prohibited from the use of alcohol to the point of drunkenness.
10. Fire safety:
• Guests using the natural wood burning fireplace accept responsibility for the fire hazard it creates. The guests are required to use the screen covering the full fireplace opening at ALL TIMES. Open the Flu shaft when the fire is on and close the flu when finished the fire. Guests must NEVER leave the home while a fire is burning.
• Candles: PLEASE DO NOT USE CANDLES / flash light in kitchen for any black-outs.
11. PLEASE CONSERVES WATER.. Water in the Monterey area is in very short supply. PLEASE DO NOT WASTE WATER.
12. Guest acknowledges and understands that he/she is subject to “Expedited Eviction” if the Guest (a) Holds over possession after his or her tenancy has expired, (b) Commits a material breach of this Short Term Rental Agreement, (c) Fails to pay rent as required by the agreement, or (d) Obtains possession of the property by fraud or misrepresentation.
13. Unforeseen Circumstances: If, by no fault of Owner, the Premises are totally or partially damaged or destroyed by fire, earthquake, accident or other casualty that render the Premises totally or partially unlivable, either Owner or Guests may terminate this lease agreement by giving the other written notice. Rent shall be abated as of the date the Premises became totally or partially uninhabitable. Jackie Yu and her manager, Roger, are not responsible for damages or costs of any kind incurred by Guests due to loss from unforeseen circumstances. Guests are encouraged to purchase travel insurance if this is a risk they do not wish to accept.
14. List of charges for lost items
• Pebble Beach gate passes: $30, if lost
• Garage Openers: $30, if lost
When check-out, please leave them inside the home on the kitchen table.
This was a great property; however, the listing is inaccurate (it is NOT one block to Spanish Bay, 2 miles by car though the beach is only about 5 minute walk). We rented thinking we could just walk over to the golf course/fire pit but not convenient.
The photos are out of date and the home actually has a better set up now; three rooms each with a queen bed and one with additional bunks. It was very comfortable but could use a bit more cozy seating in the main room for more than 4.
Thank you Catherine for enjoying your stay and your great suggestion on update my photos. Yes, we totally updated the house this spring, new paint, new furniture, new decorations, and new bedding.
The distance of the walk from the house to Spanish Bay is less than 0.5 miles. You are correct that the stretch of the bay is about 3 miles, and the Spanish bay beach is a bit further to the west. Will update and make it more accurate.
Perfect location and wonderful house set-up. Would definitely return again. We used the house for Big Sur marathon weekend and it was absolutely ideal. Loved hearing the waves from the backyard. Highly recommend driving scenic 17-mile drive and stopping at the bench for lunch (overlooking 18th hole of pebble beach). Nothing but positive comments about the house and host.
Wonderful cottage right on 17 mile drive. It was a perfect place to stay for my family of 6. Had all the amenities that we could need and was so comfortable. The 2 Aquarium passes were also helpful and saved us a good amount of money. Just a charming place that we would highly recommend!!
This home is in a quiet, beautiful spot in walking distance to the coast of Pebble Beach. For our family of four, it had most everything we needed to stay comfortably. Checking in and out was easy and our hosts were communicative and kind. It was wonderful to have a washer and dryer along with detergent. I would recommend others staying here especially if you want to golf or have a quiet low-key vacation. It would be a great place to stay if you have two couples (who can share a queen) with a total of up to three - four kids. If you need walking distance to shops and restaurants, or a place to be loud, this is not for you. if you need quiet, comfortable, proximity to ocean and Carmel/PG/Monterey this is your place!
This host has 3 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews