About this listing
The apartment is in a medieval court of 15th century totally restored and modernized. Stone walls form the perimeter of these apartment and the elegance of the building is heightened by the view over the plain spreading from the Circeo promontory in the south to the Pontine islands offshore, and from the Ninfa Gardens up to the hills of Rome in the north.
This modern yet ancient apartment consists of stone, iron, wood and brick terraced on different levels, full of light and greenery, thanks to the lemon and orange trees peculiar to Sermoneta.
Located in the historical centre of the medieval town, the apartment is spacious and elegant, has two refined and comfortable bedrooms each with modern bathrooms with toilet, bidet and shower, a living room/dining room with tv and dvd, a fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher and a large terrace offers spectacular views over the plain, out to the sea. There are table and chairs for outdoor dining, a highlight of the laid-back Italian life-style.
Thanks to the Mediterranean climate, always sunny, this is a wonderful opportunity to have a real family holiday, long walks through the Caetani’s castle and the Ninfa Gardens or through the Abbey of Valvisciolo, or just relaxing in a restaurant with delicious local wine.
Alternatively you could spend the day at the famous beaches of Sabaudia, Sperlonga and San Felice Circeo (30 minutes by car) or have a beautiful day in Rome (30 minutes by train) or in one wineyard of the region and then enjoy the evening back in the stone court.
Finally (suggested for children) we are just 40 km drive from the amusement park “The Magic Rainbow” in Valmontone.
We are pleased to remember that “Le camere pinte” is mentioned in “Bell’Italia” the first Italian holiday magazine and we are advertised on Tripadvisor (holiday rentals) with meny reviews.
The apartment is about 120 mq, and is a perfect combination between the antique (stone walls) and the modern: the kitchen supplied with dishwasher, fridge, owen and cooker (see picture), an equipped living room/dining room with two sofà bed, tv and dvd set, and a wi-fi system, two big and comfortable bedrooms with orthopedics beds (each bedrooms can ospitate three people), two bathrooms (both with shower and one with washing machine) and a large terrace with table with a spectacular view (see picture).
Hot and sunny, the medieval hill of Sermoneta is situated in the south of Lazio region, a place famous for wine, olive oil but above all for the proximity to the eternal city of Rome and the famous beaches of Sabaudia.
The train station of Latina is only ten minutes by car from Sermoneta, and by train journey to Rome only half an hour, daily sight-seeing visits to Rome are an attractive proposition.
Many guests prefer driving to Rome through the ancient Appia way and visiting Villa Adriana in Tivoli.
Sermoneta is also only 20 minutes from the Mediterranean sea and 30 minutes from the beautiful Sabaudia beach or the natural park of San Felice Circeo.
You will also want to visit Sperlonga, Terracina, Gaeta and even the Island of Ponza, Ventotene e Palmarola.
In addition you can go to Naples and Pompei in two hours by train.
For mountains and hills lovers, Sermoneta offers the chance to discover the peculiar paths through the Lepino Mountain range giving opportunity to visit the other medieval towns of the area like Bassiano, Cori and Norma.
The Sermoneta area
The interest in the village has increased since it was featured on the magazine “Bell’Italia” for holiday home programme.
Sermoneta thanks for its medieval characterization has been the set for many movies like the Italian “Non ci resta che piangere” starring Roberto Benigni and Massimo Troisi or the American “Silk” from the book by Alessandro Baricco.
Also the film director Franco Zeffirelli (rewarded for 14 Oscar Nominations) fell in love with Sermoneta calling it "The paris of Italy".
The village is a great place for a romantic get away or for a family holiday. It is famous for the Caetani’s Castle and its huge fortress, for the ancient Abbey of Valvisciolo, for the churches of San Michele and Santa Maria, for the Ninfa Gardens (one of the best European garden with a lot of plants and flowers), for the Pantanello area (for birdwatching), for the proximity to the Mediterranean hot and sunny beaches.
The medieval village of Sermoneta offers also very reasonably priced restaurants where you can enjoy typical local specialties…everything that you have dreamed of in an Italian vacation is here.
2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, full equipped kitchen, living room, terrace with great view, wi fi, tv sat, heating.
Interaction with Guests
I am very helpfull.
Check In time is from (phone number hidden). Please advise if you expect to be later than 18.00. There may be a charge for a late check in if special arrangements have to be made for your arrival. Check Out is at 10.00.
In case anything is to be mailed or delivered to you, the address of the house is:
Via G. Matteotti 3, 04013 Sermoneta (LT), Italia
• No smoking is permitted inside the house.
• Entrances and Keys - The main entrance from the street provides direct access to the living room/dining room, the full equipped kitchen and a balcony with great view, the two bedrooms have their own bathrooms.
• Please ensure that the door and the windows remain “locked” at all times whenever there is no one in the house because a sudden wind could cause damage.
• Neighbours – On the first floor there is a big terrace overlooking the view from Circeo to Rome and there is an outdoor table where you are welcome to have a meal or pass the time of day. Please be aware of others and respect the neighbours’ peace.
• Parking Lot – You can park along the main street. Please do not park in front of the garages.
• There is no fixed line telephone here.
• A wi-fi system is available (ask to the owner)
• TV – There is a TV in the living room, as well as a DVD/Video Player
• Please turn off lights etc. when not in use (Italy has the highest electricity costs in Europe, and almost the highest in the world !). We do not charge extra for it as so many Italian rentals do, but appreciate your consideration
• Electrical outages are not uncommon during storms; if the electricity goes off, check the panel in the kitchen. Reset it and all should be fine. If that doesn’t work, please call the owner.
• The Stove is gas-fired (as is the hot water system and the space heating);
• Dishwasher – an initial supply of “3-in-1 Finish” cubes are under the sink. Please restock if necessary so that the next guest finds a few there, too. Just push the button on the dishwasher to start. It is best not to run the dishwasher when the oven is on, to avoid an electrical outage.
• Garbage – Sermoneta has a complicated, environmentally-conscious, garbage system ! Please put the appropriate garbage out each day. Different kinds of garbage are collected on different days from your front door, anytime after 8am. Thus you need to separate the garbage into the following :
o Organic (all food and plants etc.) The square container – collected on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Put the whole container outside the street (so the dogs or cats can’t tear the bag) in the morning. For organic material you must use the supply of the soft bio-degradable brown bags that you will find in one of the cupboards; if you use any other kind of bag the organic garbage will not be taken away by the collectors. Any plastic bag may be used for other garbage
o Paper and cardboard – marked container - collected on Thursdays; just put the yellow bag outside the street.
o Plastic, Glass & Metal – marked container - collected on Thursdays; just put the blue bag outside the street.
o Everything else (including really soiled plastic and paper) to go in the container marked “Undifferentiated Material” - collected on Tuesdays and Saturdays; just put the bag outside the street.
• Supplies – We have provided some immediate essentials such as some dishwashing soap, paper towels, some olive oil etc..
• Please leave the kitchen as you found it – dirty dishes piled up after your departure will ruin your reputation!
Clothes Washing and Drying
There is a washing machine in the bathroom. This is the instruction for using it:
1) Please use the washing machine only from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m.
2) Please use washing machine no more than three times a week
3) Please use detergents for washing machines
4) Insert the plug into the socket.
5) Open the washing machine door and pour the detergent in the second tank of it. If you want, pour also the softener in the third tank of the door. Do not put too much detergent.
6) After putting the clothes in the washing machine, CLOSE the metal grid (the drum).
7) Now close the door of the washing machine.
8) I suggest you to select the program “ Rapido” (rapid washing). Washing time 35 minutes.
9) Push the button “Avvio” (it means “start”).
10) When the washing machine has finished, open the door, open the metal grid and take the clothes.
11) You can use the drying rack on the terrace of the first floor.
Heating and Cooling
• The heating system for hot water and radiators is gas-fired. The hot water system is always available, while the radiators in each room work from 7:00 am to 10:00 am and from 5:00 pm to 10:00 pm. If you want to change the time, please advise the owner.
• Weekly cleaning of the apartment included.
• Weekly towels and linens provided.
• Let us know if you need any additional house cleaning services or additional towels or blankets.
• Five minutes drive from the apartments, there is a farm house called "La valle dell'usignolo" (2, Via Riccelli, Sermoneta-teleph(phone number hidden)) provided with some facilities such as a restaurant and an out door swimming pool where you can stay and relax as long as you wish among the calmness of the olive trees.
• For local medical emergencies, call 118. The Latina hospital number is (phone number hidden). If you need an English-speaking doctor, you may call Dr. Susan Levenstein in Rome at (phone number hidden) – she is American – at the Aventino Medical Centre, which also has a number of English-speaking medical specialists.
• There is a pharmacy not far from the Sermoneta Cathedral, but it is only open in the afternoons. There are also two pharmacies in Latina Scalo In Via della Stazione, phone numb(phone number hidden).
Marco made us feel very welcome and was very helpful, a great host! We stayed 5 nights. We enjoyed every second. The apartment was fantastic, beautiful, with 2 terraces and a breathtaking view! The rooms were very clean. Sermoneta, a small medieval charming town, was enchanting!
I certainly recommend Marco´s place.
Sermoneta is nestled in the Lepini Mountains high above the Pontine Plain. This amazing two story apartment takes full advantage of this fact. It has a majestic view from the terrace across the plain all the way to the Tyrrhenian Sea. The very friendly and welcoming owner, Marco, has done a fantastic job creating several apartments at the perimeter of this medieval walled city. The structure of the building is actually built upon the ruins of a medieval house. If you are intrigued by this kind of stuff, ask Marco to show you the photos of the original ruins. They are extremely interesting.
This newly constructed apartment is quite spacious and the décor is very sleek and stylish. From top to bottom, the accommodations were spotless. It has two bedrooms each with its own bathroom. The walk up to the main square or to the castle through the narrow, winding, pedestrian only streets is only a few minutes but will transport you back in time. After a long day of exploring the town, grab yourself a bottle of local red wine, head back to the apartment and watch the sun set from the terrace. It is nothing less than breathtaking and will make for a very romantic memorable occasion.
This apartment, and the entire town, is everything that it describes. The views are incredible and the apartment has ample space for the people it can sleep. Make sure you hit the stair master before going to this town and don't miss the restaurant "Ghost" up the hill.
Marco is a very sympathic and helpfull host. The appartment is clean and well equiped - although we got a minuscule italian coffee pot, something marco (and his mother) rectified quickly.
Sermoneta is a nice place to have your holidays as it is near the mountains (1 hour drive) and the sea (30 minutes drive) and other villages.
Be sure to rent a car when coming over.
About the Host, Marco
ciao! mi chiamo Marco, ho 33 anni, mi piace la musica, vedere film e lo sport...da un paio d'anni insieme alla mia famiglia ho avviato un'attività ricettiva a Sermoneta...e il fatto di condividere esperienze con molti clienti pressochè stranieri ci rende molto felici...ho un sito dal quale è possibile ricevere altre informazioni... buona permanenza!