Darlinghurst is the most happening part of Sydney and this little cottage is right in the centre of it all. Situated just meters from cafes, bars and top restaurants. Walking distance from City, Oxford St, Kings Cross & 15 min from Bondi Beach.
This unique sandstone cottage is in one of the most exciting and happening places in Sydney - Darlinghurst. Just metres from great cafes, bars and restaurants but still quiet at night. It could sleep upto 4 people the configuration being either a king size bed OR 2 x single beds upstairs in the main bedroom (let us know your preference when booking) and a queen size sofa bed downstairs.
You will have access to the whole house exclusively.
- Free fast Internet Wifi
- Netflix connected to the TV
- Couch / sofa bed,
- TV - some channels get bad reception
- Portable Bose speaker (syncs with phone or laptop).
- Separate dining area,
- Equipped kitchen with fridge, microwave, toaster, kettle, stove & oven.
- Washer & Dryer with Outdoor covered courtyard if you want to hang clothes
- Bathroom with large bath, large bedroom with cupboard space.
- All towels and linen are provided plus we have soap and shampoo for you to use.
Anything you don't have there is a convenient store next door.
Interaction with Guests
There is a key safe on the door to pickup keys conveniently. I will give you the combination the day before check in. Check in is 2pm if nobody is in there the day before you might be able to get in early. Otherwise I can arrange a place to at least drop your bags while the place is cleaned. I work next door so if you have any questions or problems we can help you out easily. If its a weekday when you arrive, we will greet you and show you around the place to point out a few good spots to check out in the area then you will have the space to yourself for your entire stay. Just call us if you need us.
Darlinghurst is right in the centre of the action. You are 50m from great restaurants, cafes & bars. A supermarket, convenience store and bottle shop / off license is just 100m from the door. If you are in town for business its a short walk to the CBD. Shopping is a short walk to Westfield in the city or Oxford St. Its a 15 minute drive to Bondi Beach with a bus stop conveniently located 30m from your door.
Its about a 20 min taxi ride from the Airport (16 km / 10 miles). There are plenty of car hire places within 100m walk from the house if you want to go on a day trip. You can park a car in secure car park next door (its expensive so best not to drive). Sign up for carsharing at a company like GoGet lots of cars around. Bus stop to Paddington and Bondi (389 bus) just 30m from door. Hyde Park is less than 1km. Nearest Train stop is 650m - Museum station. Walking distance to the city approx 1 km to Westfield Shopping.
Other Things to Note
If you have verified your offline ID ie drivers license or passport via air bnb's system you can check availability and book instantly. It took me literally 1 minute.
No Pets - Sorry its a condition on our lease. No smoking inside.
Dean is a great host so be sure to walk around the corner to meet him at his cafe if you stay at his place. The location in the city of this charming house couldn't be better. We were very happy with it as a base to use as we explored Sydney for the first time. The beds were comfy, the shower had good water, and the wifi and washer/dryer worked great.
We were there on a fairly hot week so in order to not suffocate, we had to keep all the doors & windows constantly and put up with the smell of Asian takeout next door. So those with sensitivities to temperature, smell, or small roaches should consider these things before booking. That being said, I would book this place again, just in a cooler time of the year.
Dean was lovely, got us into the flat early after a long flight. The flat was clean and adequate.
The only hang up for us was that it was stifling hot and made getting ready for a night out uncomfortable bc the fans and windows dont break the heat. but it was a few particularly hot humid days in Sydney.
People mention the bins out front but that didn't really bother us.
The location is so great, a convenient mart just round the corner and tons of little coffee shops for breakfast.
La maison est dans une petite rue piétonne (très bien) sauf qu'elle est située à côté de l'arrière de restaurants et des poubelles !
Les containers d'ordures sont disposés sous les fenêtres, en plein soleil une partie de la journée, ce qui donne lieu à des odeurs (+ mouches) extrêmement désagréables.
Le logement mériterait des travaux de rénovation (une fenêtre cassée en bas juste devant les poubelles / salle de bain / cuisine / installation de stores occultants dans la chambre à l'étage car face à un lampadaire) et surtout d'un ÉNORME nettoyage. Même après le passage de l'homme de ménage, le logement était encore très sale (poussière, sol collant et cafards morts).
Les photos datent certainement de la renovation il y a de nombreuses années !
We had a 3 night stay at Dean`s place. The house is nice and the location is great. We had a little issue regarding towels and Dean was prompt in fixing it and had the nice gesture of leaving us a bottle of wine for us to enjoy! Communicating with him was excellent.
The house needs more cleaning to be more guest friendly.
Overall it was a good experience and it is worth the stay.
Very nice location, close to the CBD and the lively crown street. The apartment would benefit from a good clean though.
I had a mixed experience in this property. Overall, it was not bad enough to leave and find somewhere else, but I would not stay here again or recommend it to my fiends.
- Dean was responsive on email and by phone.
- Great location, easy to walk to CBD and lots of good restaurants near by.
- House was clean.
- House is surrounded by the back entries for restaurants and cafes. This means there are lots of rubbish bins, bottles, oil tins, strange stains, right outside the front door. It's an unattractive appearance when you walk in, and is likely to attract vermin.
- There is a lot of noise from the restaurants and passerbys in the laneway. The house is not well soundproofed. It was not possible to sleep well, even with ear-plugs.
- We saw a number of cockroaches and fleas in the house. Also, there were often birds picking at rubbish just outside the front door. We were also visited by a large huntsman spider (which is probably normal for Sydney).
- There is a very bright street lamp opposite the house, and because the bedroom curtains are very thin, the room is too bright at night time to sleep well. I wore a sleeping mask.
- No bathmat provided, only one towel each for 5 days's stay, and no coathangers in wardrobe to hang clothes.
- The house front door did not seem particularly secure - it seemed like one good kick and a person could get in. While sleeping, we kept all our valuables upstairs just in case.
- The house does not have regular free-to-air TV.
My Dad and I needed a location that was centrally (email hidden)d we got exactly that with this flat. Easy to get to from airport and close to a Hop On Hop Off stop near Crown and William which makes excellent alternative to public transit for short stay tourist. Uber rides were so affordable from here to most tourist spots.
The noise from the restaurants is a bit discerning if you are an early to bed person like my dad but once it quiets down ... it is silent and golden.
This is an alleyway so you may have to
move things from out of the door.
For my dad and I, it was a great place as we were just looking for a place to lay our head and use the laundry.
#LocationLocatioLocation trumps everything.
This host has 17 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
I'm a technology founder who loves to travel. I own a restaurant/ cafe close by so during the week you can drop bags off early if checking in or leave them if checking out and have a late flight
In Sydney I love to go out and can recommend some great places to eat or go out drinking. Our place in Darlinghurst is right in the perfect location