This home welcomes people from all over of the World, it is cozy, clean & clutter free. It's a whole-floor apt, located on the 2nd fl (walk up, no elevator). It is centrally located and only 1 block away from the subway
* Very Private Bedroom
* Comfortable Queen size bed w/ an awesome comfortable mattress
* Nightstands, reading lights and soothing lights, TV (basic channels, non cable)
* Empty closet & drawers for your clothes, desk, and books if you enjoy reading
*Window air conditioner is provided during the summer months, central heating
* Two large windows with blinders & black out curtains, and very sunny room in the afternoon
* This room has its own privacy entrance away from the main area and its size is 14' x 10' feet
* Bathroom, living room, dining area and full kitchen
* Huge fridge with plenty space to store your food
* Abundantly equipped to cook & serve: complete sets of dishes, utensils, platters & bowls, pots & pans, etc…
* Kitchen electrical appliances include a microwave, coffee pot, blender, electrical oven that can be used as toaster/baking/broiler/grill oven
Interaction with Guests
EVERY VISITOR IS TREATED BY ME AS A V.I.G.
“Very Important Guest” … because you deserve it!
I’m here to support & guide you. A request is never too small or too big and I will try my best to accommodate your needs. I have great knowledge of the city and if you are foreign I will help you to find or go wherever you need.
My native language is Brazilian Portuguese and I’m fluent in English. I can also communicate in Spanish and I understand a little bit of Italian
* If you do a research you will find on "Business Insider" a great article about Bay Ridge. My wonderful neighborhood was also listed on "Time Out New York", both articles on 2014
* In most major crime categories, BAY RIDGE RANKS AMONG THE TOP 10 SAFEST FOR THE ENTIRE CITY AND IS AMONG THE SAFEST NEIGHBORHOODS IN BROOKLYN
* Bay Ridge has earned its reputation as a place where New Yorkers can enjoy the fruits of their labors. The neighborhood came in No. 7 in per capita crimes on the DNA info site ranking of 69 neighborhoods.
* In the heart of Bay Ridge- Brooklyn, extremely safe (day or night), family oriented area surrounded by parks, churches, restaurants and stores.
* Much of Brooklyn has only named streets, but Bay Ridge and some other boroughs have numbered streets and numbered avenues (making it very easy for you to navigate).
* Bay Ridge is the last solidly middle class neighborhood left in Brooklyn. It’s safe, it’s affordable and people here care about where they live. Just walk down any block and you’ll notice even the tiniest home will be spotlessly clean and kept up, and decorated for every holiday.
* Bay Ridge has many international restaurants and bars, especially along 3rd and 5th Avenue; it's a main commercial strip.
* In Bay Ridge are mainly concentrated Italian Americans (Italian restaurants and pizzerias), Irish Americans (pubs), Greeks, Scandinavians, Norwegians (amazing bakeries), and today Arab Americans (Christians & Muslims) where there are many Middle Eastern restaurants, hookah lounges, halal shops, Islamic shops and mosques.
* Many refer to the community as "Brooklyn's Gold Coast." A popular neighborhood attraction is the 69th Street Pier, at Bay Ridge Ave (aka 69th Street) and Shore Road. This popular pier is a favorite to the local fishermen who fish there daily. From the pier you have the best view of Verrazano-Narrows Bridge (opened in 1964, it was the world's longest suspension span), our famous Statue of Liberty & lower Manhattan.
* Near the pier is located the Owl's Head Park. This park is a 27-acre walking park that contains rolling hills, walking trails, a state of the art skate park, children's playground and basketball courts, and stunning views of the New York skyline.
* Every November the NYC Marathon starts in Staten Island and the runners cross the Verrazano Bridge and run along 4th Ave., just one block away from home.
* Did you know the 1977 movie Saturday Night Fever and the 2008 What Happens in Vegas was set in Bay Ridge? Also the NYPD Commissioner Frank Reagan (Tom Selleck) on CBS-TV's Blue Bloods lives in Bay Ridge. His home on Harbor View Terrace, near Fort Hamilton High School, is seen in each episode
* During the summer you can go to Coney Island a 30 min train ride and enjoy the beach, the oldest amusement park in the country and visit the NY Aquarium.
* On a 20 min train ride you can go visit the Brooklyn Botanical Garden, or Prospect Park, or the Brooklyn Museum, all located next to each other.
* If you like golf, the Dyker Beach Golf Course is a beautiful 18-hole championship course located in the heart of Brooklyn, below the shadows of the Verrazano Narrows Bridge. Dyker Beach Golf Course is convenient to get to, located close to both the Belt Parkway and the BQE. If you want to use public transportation the golf club is located just 4 blocks from the R train and across the street from a Manhattan express bus stop.
SUBWAY & BUS INFORMATION AND TRAVEL DISTANCE TO MAIN ATTRACTIONS & AIRPORTS:
* The subway is located ONE BLOCK away from the apt, on the R line (local), one station away you can transfer to the express N train to Manhattan. The D express train is located 5 stations away.
* Once in the express trains it will take you 20-25 minutes to Chinatown, Soho, and East Village, 30-35 min to Midtown & Times Square, 40 min to Central Park South, 50-55 min to Upper Eastside or Westside. Please be aware these subway travel times are possible during the day, non-rush hours or late at night (after 1AM), the subway/bus system operates 24/7 year around
* On the N train you can be in Atlantic Ave station (where the new Barclays Center is located) in 10 minutes (or 25 min in the R train). At Atlantic Ave you can transfer to the following subway lines: N, R, Q, D, B, 2, 3, 4, 5, LIRR.
* Buses: B1, B4, B8, B9, B16, B37, B63, B64, B70 (the ‘B’ buses is used to move around Brooklyn and to connect to other lines); S53, S79, S93 (the ‘S’ buses go to Staten Island), X27, X37 (the ‘X’ buses are express to Manhattan)
* Distance from Airports by taxi: JFK-30 min at $35, LaGuardia-40 min at $35, Newark-50 min at $70-$90 (higher price due to tolls, this airport is located in New Jersey)
* If you need to take a taxi to/from Manhattan to/from Bay Ridge, it will cost you around $25 Lower East Side, $26 Penn Station, $35 Times Sq., $40 upper east/west side (plus tip, usually we give 15%)
Other Things to Note
* Although the calendar may show dates as available, please check with me the availability before you trying to reserve the room. Occasionally there are other guests I am speaking with regarding availability.
* You will share the apt with your host (me) and occasional guests, as well 2 small young, super friendly & trained dogs. You will find everything you need inside for a comfortable stay.
* A clean home is VERY important to me; and due to the presence of the pets, I make sure I keep my place very neat. This apt is also free of bugs (professional exterminating service visits the apt once in a month). Please make sure you clean up after yourself.
* Three bedrooms are designated for guests (two private bedrooms and one semi private).
* The apt is protected by Fire Extinguisher, Carbon and Monoxide Detector and Fire Alarm
* The apt is perfectly located to everything, on 3rd Ave & 5th Ave you will find: dinners, liquor stores, drugstores, banks, supermarkets, Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks, Subway Sandwiches, Rite Aid Pharmacy, Laundromat next door, 24 hours convenience & fruit stores, local neighborhood pubs, Hookah bars, dinners, etc…
* Movie Theater located only 1 block away, Alpine Cinema with 3D & 4D screens, on Wed. costs only $7.
* Gyms located walking distance from the apt: New York Sports Club & Dolphin Fitness Club
* The apt is located within walking distance (or two stations away by subway) to the main Shopping Area, located at 86th street between 4th & 6th Aves and these are some of the stores available: Century21 department store, Gap & Gapkids, TJ Maxx, Foot Locker & Modell’s sporting goods, Payless, Fabco, Aldo & Aerosoles shoes stores, Vitamin Shoppe, GameStop, Zales jewelry, Benetton, The Children’s PLACE, New York & Company woman apparel, Duane Reader Pharmacy, Claire’s custom jewelry, PC Richard & Son for electronics, Nathan’s Famous Hot Dog, McDonald, Burger King, Chipotle Mexican restaurant, Panera Bread and many more.
**I PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING ITEMS FOR MY GUESTS:
* Weekly clean set of towels per guest, each set includes: 1 bath towel, 1 hand/face towels and 1 washcloth.
* Weekly clean sheet set, 100% Egyptian Cotton, 400-600 thread counts, Hypoallergenic Comforters and extra snuggle blankets for each bed.
* Hypoallergenic pillows with covers to ensure they are always clean & free of stains (4 pillows per bed)
* The mattress have "mattress covers" to ensure its protection from stains
* Q-tips, cotton balls, face tissue, Band-Aids, first Aid kit, hand soap, hair dryer, magnifier mirror, shower gels, nail polisher remover and toilet paper is always available for short and long term guests. If a short term guest needs shower gel, shampoo or toothpaste I provide this, longer term guests are responsible for their own.
* Wi-Fi is available (of course it is free of charge)
* Tourist guides, subway map & subway cards for you to refill it (please return it to me before you check-out) and a vast collection of all types of books, several magazines & local weekly newspapers and Umbrellas.
* Endless choices of menus of local restaurants to deliver food to our door (all types of cuisines)- Bay Ridge is well-known for its quality restaurants
* Iron and an ironing board is available too
**IN THE KITCHEN:
* Regular and decaffeinated coffee, sugar & sweetener, coffee cream, black tea, herbal teas and hot chocolate; and basic condiments: salt & pepper, spices, cooking oil, olive oil & balsamic vinegar, ketchup and mustard
* Water filter Brita (did you know Brooklyn WATER is the CLEANEST water in the country and it is treated with Fluoride?)
**EXTRA FEES (NOT included on your reservation) and Extra information:
* The cleaning/laundry & guest maintenance fee is the only thing that you will pay in CASH to your hostess upon arrival. This fee is variable according to the number of guests and the number of nights booked. Please understand that I would do it thru Airbnb but I don’t have the option in their system to set up variable prices and charge the guests fairly according to the number of nights & the amount of guests. The price is $20 for up to 7 days (per week) for ONE guest, the second guest pays $10 per week, unless guest(s) stays only two nights then it is $10 for the first guest & $5 for the second guest
* For more than a week stay: on the 8th day of your stay the sheets and towels will be replaced for cleaned ones, and so on.
* Monthly - Longer Term Guests: If you are going to stay the majority of the time in the apt (because you work from home or need to study), an extra $30 needs to be paid to me in cash in order to cover the electrical bill.
* I’m responsible for your bedroom maintenance (vacuum and clean), and this is a weekly service. Since I’m the only person responsible for this service, you can be worry-free that your personal belongings are secure and I will inform you the date prior the cleaning and laundry day in order to not disturb you.
**CHECK-IN & CHECK-OUT TIMES:
* The check-in has always the priority on the time
* The check-in and check-out times are set up as flexible in Airbnb, but I need you to work with me and be flexible too
* Your check-out time is based on the arrival time of the next guest, i.e. if a new guest(s) arrives at the same day of your check-out day
* The time of your check-out is definitely flexible if there is no guest(s) arriving on the same day
* You can arrive or leave super early or super late, but please make sure you talk to me first and get my confirmation, I need to plan my schedule ahead of time
* Between guests in the same day: I will need enough time to have the bedroom ready for the next guest(s), 2-3 hours for light cleaning (after short stays) or 4 to 5 hours (after longer terms)
As an example this is how I can help you: if you are leaving/flying only later at night, but I have a new guest checking-in during the day, this is how we can manage the situation and you still can enjoy your day and be worry free that your belongings are safe. You can check-out from your room and you can leave your suitcases in the living room and I will ensure that you can pick it up whatever time you need.
**INFO FOR FUTURE DOCTORS ONLY:
To all future doctors, I have hosted several students that stayed with me for their rotations, internships, and also came to NY for the US Medical License Exams (USMLE STEP 1, USMLE STEP 2CK and USMLE STEP 2 CS). Here is a list of the hospitals that are easy to commute to from my place listed with one * and the names with two ** I had guests that worked on these hospitals:
*Beth Israel Medical Center
*Brooklyn Hospital Center
**Brooklyn VA Medical Center
**Coney Island Hospital
*Interfaith Medical Center
*Kings County Hospital Center
*Long Island College Hospital
**Lutheran Medical Center
**Maimonides Medical Center
**New York Methodist Hospital
*New York Community Hospital
**University Hospital of Brooklyn/ Downstate Medical Center (SUNY)
*Woodhull Medical and Mental Health Center
**Wyckoff Heights Medical Center
Richmond University Medical Center
**Staten Island University Hospital
*Bellevue Hospital Center
**Beth Israel Medical Center
*Manhattan VA Hospital
*Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
*New York Eye and Ear Infirmary
*NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases
* Luckily, it doesn't take that much work to fall into "good houseguest" category: you don't need to clean the entire house… just clean after yourself. You don’t need to feel like you're walking on eggshells, just don’t make loud noises after 10-11PM. You simply need to show a bit of consideration and respect for your host and to the other guests.
* Short term guest, foreign or minors: please tell me if you are not coming back to the apartment to sleep so I don’t worry that something bad happened to you.
* A note of advice; please inform me if you have any special medical condition that I should be aware (i.e. food allergies) and who I should contact in case of an emergency. If you are a foreign, keep my name and phone number available in your wallet.
* Please pick up after yourself, hang up your towels in your room, wash your own dishes and don't leave your stuff lying around in common areas of the house.
* When you leave your bedroom (or other common areas) please remember to turn off the lights and all the appliances (such fans and AC)…your host appreciate if you can contribute in saving energy.
* During the cool/spring days it’s okay to leave the window open for fresh air if you desire, but tell me, so if it rains I will go close your window(s) while you are out.
* Usually I have candles around the apt and in your room, if you wish, you are welcome to lit it , but please NEVER leave the candle on when you leave the room. My greatest fear is fire!!
* For all guests; short or longer stay; you are responsible for your bedroom maintenance, such as: hang your wet towels on the designate area, fix your bed if you desired, and please don’t leave dirty dishes in the sink, keep the fridge free of spoiled foods and stove free of grease.
* Longer term guests are responsible for their own personal care products.
* On snowing season, please leave your boots/shoes on the shoes tray outside the apt, this is to prevent the dirt and salt to get in the main areas and in your room. This tray can be used for wet umbrellas too.
* You are free to come and go at anytime you wish, just don’t make loud noises if come later at night.
* Please don’t invite strangers. Even though you are provided with a set of keys to the apartment, you don’t have the right to invite others to the house unless it has been approved by the host. Sorry, but it’s a necessary protection against mishap.
* Just come in peace and I assure you that my home is very serene, respectful, and you will enjoy staying with me!!
Adriana is the most friendly and considerate host I ever met. Thanks for her help me and my friend had a great time staying in NYC. The subway station is one block away. Adriana is very familiar with this city. She knows every route as long as you tell her the place. Besides she is very caring. She made coffee and breakfast for us and she checked our safety when we are out. She is also very artistic. I love each piece of decoration she put in her house. Generally. This would be a very cosy place for one or two ppl to stay. I enjoyed it.
Adrianna is a fantastic host and a wonderful person. She made me feel welcome and appreciated. The home is spotless; the room was perfect. I will certainly b e back Thanks Adrianna.
I really enjoyed my stay at Adriana's. The room was clean and comfortable. The area is easily accessible by the subway and is very safe even at night. Adriana was such an amazing host and made me feel right at home. Her two puppies are adorable as well! Would definitely love to stay there again next time I visit!
First of all I have to mention, that Adriana is a very warm-hearted person and very well organized for her guests. When we arrived at her home it was a feeling like coming home. Her flat is good situated that means close to the subway, supermarket, diners and the best dounatsshop from the Big Apple ;)
We never will forget Adrianas knowing about subway, best places and also history of the city. She knows everything and for every day she made us a plan where to go and what places to see.
If you ever want to visit New York and also with airbnb, Adriana is the best host and it was a great pleasure staying with her together.
@Adriana: Thank you so much for everything...for sure we will come back.
I mean what I say :) Big hugs Miriam & Erika
I had a wonderful experience during my stay at Adriana's place. It was the first time I tried AirBnB and I wasn't disappointed. The room was quiet, the bed was large and comfy and above all, Adriana was the perfect host. She helped me with the things around the place and directions. We also shared some time chatting over coffee almost every morning. My fear of dogs is also considerably reduced now. I had a lovely time during the stay and have no complaints whatsoever.
There's only one word.. Perfect!!! You don't just have a great host you also have a great friend. The room was clean, comfy and most importantly easy access to the city. It was really great pleasure for me to staying in Adriana's place.
This was my first airbnb experience. Adriana puts a lot of effort into making sure her guests feel welcome, know how to get around and the good destinations to go to. I had a great experience. The bed was very comfy. Thank you Adriana.
This host has 103 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
Every visitor is treated by me as a V.I.G.
“Very Important Guest” … because you deserve it!
I'm a very calm & peaceful person. I was born in Sao Paulo - Brazil, but I have been living in New York for 25 years.
I believe a good host or hostess is warm, caring, gracious, welcoming and gives the impression that the guest is the most important person in the world and that nothing is too much trouble to ensure their comfort and contentment. I’m honored to offer excellent hospitality to my guest(s); being a host is more than just letting people stay at my places, hosting involves taking care of an individual that is new to the area and wants guidance and an experience to remember.
I believe that one key ingredient to be a good hostess is to have the ability to get along with all types of people who will be staying at my places. You will feel very welcome & safe if you stay with me.
I have been a hostess via Airbnb for the last 3 years; I had the opportunity to meet more than 200 people from 34 different countries. It doesn’t matter where you come from, your age or your spiritual believes, you will always feel respected and welcomed by me.
I had guests that stayed with me a long as a year. The most gratifying part of being a host is when my guests return to stay again at my places.
Some guests prior moving permanently to NY were temporally with me, but now they are my new friends that always to come back to visit, share a celebration, or a holiday or just enjoy a good cup of coffee with me.
Been a host at Airbnb it gives me the opportunity to leave my legacy in this world, is giving me the experience in meeting you and share with you my knowledge of NY and life.
Of course all of you (guests) want a clean and safe place to be, but are few of us (hosts) that can be a true friend.
Thanks for checking my profile, rest assure that you have a friend in New York, come enrich my list of countries and I hope you can experience the V.I.G. treatment I can provide to you throughout your stay in the greatest city in the world known as NYC.
31.United Arab Emirates
PS: Please note, if you read all my reviews (100+) you will NOT find ANY negative comment. Also you may find my name on the reviews for another listing in Airbnb, but I'm no longer hosting or responsible for that property (since Nov 2013).
The only listings I have are: two bedrooms at "All Nations Home" and an entire apt "Travelers Haven Delightful & Comfy"