About this listing
Our comfortable 1919 Craftsman bungalow features original built-ins, woodstove, & wonderful porch. It's a perfect home base for all Bend has to offer. We're very close to downtown (5 min walk), multiple breweries, parks, the Deschutes river, and Old Mill.
We're happy to share our home with you. Relax in your 12 x 12 bedroom with wood floors, 2 windows, afternoon sun, ceiling fan, and closet. Furnished with 1940's wood full-sized bed and matching vanity, bedside table, rug, plus a large armoire for extra gear. Towels and linens provided. Adjacent to full bath that is shared with us.
Base room rate includes legally required 10% City of Bend Transient Room Tax.
Guests have access to kitchen with coffee/tea, laundry, dining room, living room w cozy woodstove, and front porch with outdoor dining and excellent people watching. We are happy to share the living space, no need to stay just in the bedroom! We do not have a tv or dishwasher. Street parking in safe neighborhood. An adorable and quiet 14 year-old cat, Mini Kitty, shares the house, but not your room. No other pets please.
Two cruiser bikes are available, but please let us know in advance if you will want to use them. We also have locked storage for your bikes, skis, or other gear. Trail Maps and local guidebooks on hand for plotting your Bend adventure.
Interaction with Guests
We are active hosts who know the trails, eats, and streets of Bend and surrounding area. We're happy to give suggestions and tips. Both of us work regular hours and are frequently out and about, so its possible we may not be able to welcome you in person. If we are gone when you arrive, we'll let you know where a key is. If we are out of town, we'll have neighbors take care of the cat in our absence. We'll make every effort to welcome you and make you feel right at home, let us know if you need any suggestions or could do anything to make your stay comfortable. We look forward to sharing our home and our town!
We live in the Old Bend Historic District just adjacent to downtown. Walk slowly in 5-7 minutes. Neary by Attractions include:
- Downtown w great unique restaurants and shops
- Coffee shops/Bakeries: Strictly Organic, Sparrow, Palette, Thump
-OBRA CycloCross Course 5 min ride
- Jackson's Corner and Riverside Market (local eats)
- Nature: Deschutes River, River trail, and local parks
- Breweries in order of closeness (starting @ 2 blocks) Boneyard, Crux Fermentation Project, Silver Moon, Deschutes, Bend Brewing Co, Brew Werks, 10 Barrel, Good Life....
- Old Mill w familiar restaurants and shops
- Mt Bachelor: Park and Ride (5 min) or Mountain (30 min)
- Phil's Trail Mountain Bike Trailhead (15 min)
- Movie Theaters: Tin Pan (small independent place- highly recommended!), McMenamims (+ soaking pool), AMC Multi-plex
Please respect our home as if it were your own. We want you to be comfortable during your stay, please feel free to adjust the thermostat as needed to be warm and cozy. Please clean up after yourselves in the kitchen and bathroom. No pets, smoking inside or overnight guests not on the reservation. If something is not quite right, please tell us directly so we can fix it for you :)
City of Bend "Good Neighbor" Guidelines (they require us to post these. In short, please be a good neighbor!)
Short Term Rental Operating License
Good Neighbor Guidelines
The Good Neighbor Guidelines (GNG) were created to educate Short Term Rental (STR) owners and tenants/guests on the importance of being a good neighbor. Welcome neighbors! Be nice, you’re in Bend!
1. 24-Hour Contact Information. If at any time you have concerns about your stay or in regards to your neighbors, please call the 24-hour contact number listed in the rental lease agreement or posted in the unit. In the event of an emergency, please call 911.
2. General Respect for Neighbors. Be friendly, courteous, and treat your neighbors like you want to be treated. Respect your neighbors and their property.
3. Noise. Be considerate of the neighborhood and your neighbor’s right to the quiet enjoyment of their home and property, especially after 10 p.m.
4. Maintenance of Property. Be sure to pick up after yourself and keep the property clean, presentable and free of trash.
5. Garbage Disposal. Place trash and recycling containers at the appropriate place and time for pickup. Return trash and recycling containers to the designated location within 12 hours after pickup. Cigarette butts should be properly extinguished and disposed of in the garbage.
6. Parking & Traffic Safety. Refer to the parking diagram posted in the unit and park on-site whenever possible. Do not park on lawns or in a manner which blocks driveways, sidewalks, alleys or mailboxes. Drive slowly through neighborhoods and watch for pedestrians and children playing.
7. Pets. Promptly clean-up after your pets. Prevent excessive and prolonged barking, and keep pets from roaming the neighborhood. Control aggressive pets, and be sure to abide by the local leash laws. Store pet food indoors and in a secure container to reduce the likelihood of unwanted pest problems.
8. Tenant/Guest Responsibility. Approved guests and visitors are expected to follow the Good Neighbor Guidelines. Be sure to read your rental agreement for additional terms and restrictions which may include consequences for violating the Good Neighbor Guidelines.
We had an incredible time at Chuck & Laura's place in Bend. Their home is just as shown - a spacious character home that's beautifully decorated and filled with all the little things we might have needed. After two weeks on the road, we were grateful for the plush bath towels and convenient shampoo they left out for us. Still, the highlight of or stay was definitely the company. We were wiped by the time we got into town but we still spent hours chatting with Chuck and Laura. It was our first Airbnb experience where the hosts were present, and we're so happy they were! They truly have a gift for making people feel at home, and we'd stay with them again in a heartbeat.
Chuck and Laura are great hosts. They have a lovely home in a quiet, casual neighborhood of bungalows. You could easily walk downtown, but we found it was more fun to take their guest bikes out for a ride along the river. A short walk in the morning to Sparrow Bakery got us fueled for the day.
I felt welcome at this cozy home especially sitting on the front porch. The house is a nice walk from a fun downtown shops restaurants and the fun Tin Pan movie theater. A really comfie bed.
Laura and Chuck are great hosts. Their home is really cute, clean and brilliantly located for exploring Bend. We only wish we could have stayed longer!
Just as described by others, Laura and Chuck were great and were very welcoming. As well, in contrast to the hot & sunny Bend weather, the house remained nice and cool. Would definitely stay with them again.
Laura & Chuck's place was exactly as posted - very cozy and a fantastic location. They are both very friendly and professional.
When we were initally researching Bend, we considered booking places with air conditioning and further from the highway noise. Don't! Laura & Chuck's place is a comfortable temperature even without A/C and you don't hear the highway inside. It is a fantastic spot!
Communication with Chuck and Laura was great, we never felt out of the loop. All the prior reviews are accurate and positive for a reason -- excellent location, easy parking, clean house, plenty of brochures and information on things to do in Bend. We appreciated the two luggage racks in the room. We came during a hot period, and although there was no AC, the window and ceiling fan were just enough for a comfortable night of sleep. We didn't get a chance to hang out or spend any time with our hosts as we were both out and about, but just take a read through with the guest book and you'll see that Chuck and Laura are very welcoming. We used their bicycles for one morning of cycling and found it very convenient. Bottom line -- we'd stay here again for sure.
About the Host, Laura And Chuck
We (Laura and Chuck) are a mid-30s fun couple. We love adventurous weekend trips, spirited debates at the local brewpubs, a plethora of outdoor activities (biking, skiing, backpacking, sunny-porch-sitting). We work hard, play hard. We love NPR, BBQ’s, friends over for dinner, etc. We are TV free, but we enjoy movies. We love meeting new people!