About this listing
Our comfortable 1919 Craftsman bungalow features original built-ins, woodstove, & wonderful porch. It's a perfect home base for all Bend has to offer. We're very close to downtown (5 min walk), multiple breweries, parks, Deschutes river, & Old Mil.
We're happy to share our home with you. Relax in your 12 x 12 bedroom with wood floors, 2 windows, afternoon sun, ceiling fan, and closet. Furnished with 1940's wood full-sized bed and matching vanity, bedside table, rug, plus a large armoire for extra gear. Towels and linens provided. Adjacent to full bath that is shared with us.
Base room rate includes legally required 10% City of Bend Transient Room Tax.
Guests have access to kitchen with coffee/tea, laundry, dining room, living room w cozy woodstove, and front porch with outdoor dining and excellent people watching. We are happy to share the living space, no need to stay just in the bedroom! We do not have a tv or dishwasher. Street parking in safe neighborhood. An adorable and quiet 14 year-old cat, Mini Kitty, shares the house, but not your room. No other pets please.
Two cruiser bikes are available, but please let us know in advance if you will want to use them. We also have locked storage for your bikes, skis, or other gear. Trail Maps and local guidebooks on hand for plotting your Bend adventure.
Interaction with Guests
We are active hosts who know the trails, eats, and streets of Bend and surrounding area. We're happy to give suggestions and tips. Both of us work regular hours and are frequently out and about, so its possible we may not be able to welcome you in person. If we are gone when you arrive, we'll let you know where a key is. If we are out of town, we'll have neighbors take care of the cat in our absence. We'll make every effort to welcome you and make you feel right at home, let us know if you need any suggestions or could do anything to make your stay comfortable. We look forward to sharing our home and our town!
We live in the Old Bend Historic District just adjacent to downtown. Walk slowly in 5-7 minutes. Neary by Attractions include:
- Downtown w great unique restaurants and shops
- Coffee shops/Bakeries: Strictly Organic, Sparrow, Palette, Thump
-OBRA CycloCross Course 5 min ride
- Jackson's Corner and Riverside Market (local eats)
- Nature: Deschutes River, River trail, and local parks
- Breweries in order of closeness (starting @ 2 blocks) Boneyard, Crux Fermentation Project, Silver Moon, Deschutes, Bend Brewing Co, Brew Werks, 10 Barrel, Good Life....
- Old Mill w familiar restaurants and shops
- Mt Bachelor: Park and Ride (5 min) or Mountain (30 min)
- Phil's Trail Mountain Bike Trailhead (15 min)
- Movie Theaters: Tin Pan (small independent place- highly recommended!), McMenamims (+ soaking pool), AMC Multi-plex
Please respect our home as if it were your own. We want you to be comfortable during your stay, please feel free to adjust the thermostat as needed to be warm and cozy. Please clean up after yourselves in the kitchen and bathroom. No pets, smoking inside or overnight guests not on the reservation. If something is not quite right, please tell us directly so we can fix it for you :)