About This Listing
We've private rooms for Erasmus students / foreign visitors in a secure & crowded area in the heart of Taksim/Beyoglu. We're located very close to Tunel Square, a few steps away from Istiklal Street surrounded by historical atmosphere, close to the major shopping districts, public transport, historical places, consulates (we're side by side with Russian & Swedish Consulates f.e.)
Our facility has 10 private rooms and 1 private flat in different floors, and its suitable for long or short term accommodation needs.
Each room has its OWN bed, wardrobe & desk. There's also an unlimited WI-FI access, heating in every room and every room takes direct sunlight except one. Kitchen, bathroom and living room are shared areas in every floor except the privately rented apartments. You can take your shower whenever you want. There is hot water 24/7, you can watch TV and DvDs when you want to chill in front of the tv on a comfy couch.
Please contact me personally for details, I hope I'll be able to help you! Feel free to ask me about safe transportation directly from airport to my location and enjoy your stay in Istanbul ! :)
IMPORTANT NOTE : This private room is located in a very quiet and silent street, especially at night time. During daytime there's noise of nearby school and thats all. There are no karaoke restaurants next to this building. (I'm especially saying this to avoid confusions because we had a flat next to karaoke restaurant in some other corner of our district)
Simple rules & reminders ;
1) Please ask before you invite your guests who'll come to stay for 1 night or longer than that.
2) If you're a smoker, please smoke on an open or nearby window.
3) Please do your own cleaning of your room by yourself. Every first week of every month a house cleaner comes to clean entire flat. Please be helpful to your (website hidden) about cleaning of shared areas.
4) Please do not give your keys to anyone else.
5) Please do not consume city water for your own health. We're supplying drinking water in our flats.
6) You do not need to bring your bed sheets or your quilt since we've at least 1 for each room.
7) Please try to travel with known taxi stations. Be careful about random taxi drivers hence they'll try to con you sometimes! Please feel free to ask for trustable transportation.
8) Please keep in mind, if you decide to leave before the end of your already paid period, there can be no payback. No one else instead of you can stay with your paid amount.
9) Please let me personally know if you've a serious health problem, this will allow me to be in touch with hospitals in case of emergency.
10) All of our rooms are private and lockable, please keep rooms and flats locked when you're away to prevent any problematic situation.
11) Please feel free to ask any help about anything.
I stayed at Damas House for one month and i was wonderful! I stayed at Grey Room finally which was very good. The house is in a great locations, it is nice, warm and clean and the people are so so sweet!! Ali is a great host, certainly a place to prefer in the centre!
I stayed over 9 night in the Green room, and that was just perfect !
The room/flat/bathroom were perfectly clean, and it is extremely well-located. Even thought it's close to one of the busiest streets by night (Istiklal), the flat's street is quiet. Also, it's really well-connected with close tramway (n°1 + the nostalgic tram) and metro stations, so that it's easy to visit Istanbul from there.
I just met Ali a couple of times, but I knew he was there if I needed anything. He also inquired if I needed help for the departure, and always answers quickly to emails and text messages.
I totally recommend the place !
I had a fabulous week-long stay in Room 3 at Dama's House in Beyoglu. Ali was a marvelous, helpful, kind, and responsible host, a true gentleman, and a fascinating person of great depth and sensitivity. I so much enjoyed my conversations with him that sometimes it was hard to pull myself away and be a tourist! The location of Dama's House was ideal... a short uphill stride to Istiklal and the trendy Galata Tower neighborhood, a perfect base to explore a beautiful and fascinating city. The room was cozy and clean, simply furnished with the basics (wardrobe, desk, shelves and a comfy single bed, and a decent internet connection). Even though the bathroom was shared with other boarders, I never had to wait to use it. I happened to arrive in Taksim Square just before protests and police actions were about to escalate on a Saturday night in July. Ali called me while I was en-route to ensure my safe arrival. He was also very helpful in helping me book a trustworthy taxi ride to the Bayrampasha bus depot. I cannot wait to return to Istanbul and am so glad to have found a place to call home there. Thank you Ali!
Ali was a good host and kindly offered to drop me and my luggage at the shuttle bus stop on my last day.
He made sure that my stay was comfortable and he was a friendly guy.
The room was smaller than I expected, but ok for a single occupant.
This host has 345 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Ali
Greetings traveller !
I'm almost 36 years old freelancer, graduated from graphic design. Currently running my own business, renovating and renting private rooms & flats in the heart of Istanbul mostly for incoming foreign visitors since the beginning of 2010.
I will be glad if I can help for your accommodation need!