About this listing
We've private rooms for Erasmus students / foreign visitors in a secure & crowded area in the heart of Taksim/Beyoglu. We're located very close to Tunel Square, a few steps away from Istiklal Street surrounded by historical atmosphere, close to the major shopping districts, public transport, historical places, consulates (we're side by side with Russian & Swedish Consulates f.e.)
Our facility has 10 private rooms and 1 private flat in different floors, and its suitable for long or short term accommodation needs.
Each room has its OWN bed, wardrobe & desk. There's also an unlimited WI-FI access, heating in every room and every room takes direct sunlight except one. Kitchen, bathroom and living room are shared areas in every floor except the privately rented apartments. You can take your shower whenever you want. There is hot water 24/7, you can watch TV and DvDs when you want to chill in front of the tv on a comfy couch.
This romantic room has double bed and its very suitable for couples!
Please contact me personally for details, I hope I'll be able to help you! Feel free to ask me about safe transportation directly from airport to my location and enjoy your stay in Istanbul ! :)
IMPORTANT NOTE : This private room is located in a very quiet and silent street, especially at night time. During daytime there's noise of nearby school and thats all. There are no karaoke restaurants next to this building. (I'm especially saying this to avoid confusions because we had a flat next to karaoke restaurant in some other corner of our district)
Interaction with Guests
I am always reachable via phone, or (website hidden) in case of any need.
Other Things to Note
You can leave your keys at your rooms door at your departure day.
Also please let me know one day before if you need airport transfer, I can arrange a driver who will pick you up to your destination airport for a fixed price (I do not gain anything from this, and I am stick to the amount which driver requests for his service).
Please pay attention to these simple rules to make life better in our flat ;
1. Please ask permission of your current (website hidden) to invite more than 1-2 guests of yours, especially at late hours. Please do not invite dozens of people without asking other people, if you're in urge to do that, please do it with the permission of others at reasonable hours.
2. Please lock the flat door while you're leaving, also please keep your rooms locked when you're away to prevent any problematic situation.
3. Please pay attention to prevent loud noise after 23.00, there are lots of other people in the building who are waking up early and local people in nearby apartments as well.
4. Please do not smoke in the living room, if you're a smoker please try to choose your own room to smoke. Also please do not throw cigarettes into the garden.
5. 2 times per month a cleaning lady comes to clean the entire flat, but please be helpful to your (website hidden) about cleaning of shared areas. Please do not leave trash in kitchen, and please coordinate with your (website hidden) to keep it clean. Please keep it in mind its a shared flat. There are two huge metal trash containers at the end of our blind street to throw your trash.
6. Please do not give your keys to anyone else.
7. Please do not consume tap water for your own health. We're supplying drinking water in our flat. Water station is reachable via (phone number hidden) in case of need.
8. Please try to travel with known taxi stations. Be careful about random taxi drivers since they'll try to con you sometimes! Please feel free to ask for reliable transportation. Pera Taxi in case of need ; (phone number hidden). Please let me personally know if you have a serious health problem, this will allow me to be in touch with hospitals in case of emergency.
10. Please ask before you invite your guests who'll come to stay for one night (which is totally out of charge) or longer than that (supposed to pay).
If you engage in behavior that disturbs the other guests and the environment, or if you don't follow the house rules, you will be refunded and asked to leave immediately. Please let me know any of your suggestions, thanks a lot for your attention.
Nice appartment, really well located in the Beyoglu neighborhood. Clean and affordable.
Ali gave great advice in terms of where to go to avoid overly touristy areas, as well as pointing out some curiosities that we perhaps wouldn't have otherwise found. The apartment was both very individual in its interior design but practical and secure. Overall, he was a great person to deal with - very much recommended!
Ali is a very friendly, attentiv host, anytime reachable via whatsapp and he lives in the house. The flat is student - standard but okay for a few days city trip. The room was nice , simpel furnished but sufficient. The location is fantastic, near to metro and tram station, directly in Beyoglu and near by curcuma quarter, very very nice. Unfortunately the school, directly over the road is very loud, the children are playing from morning to afternoon. Although many Bars and pubs are nearby, the Street is quiet at night.
The first days we shared the flat with 4 german students, they were messy, lazy and irresponsible, luckily they left and the next guests were very pleasant, friendly and kept the common room and kitchen clean.
We had a wonderful week in Istanbul, we recommend Ali and the violet room!
Thanks a lot for your kind words! It will be a pleasure to host you again!
I feel very unfortunate for having disrespectful guests during your staying time. I am sorry you felt uncomfortable with the mess, next time I will give you a special discount to make up for this. Hope to see you again!
Unfortunately, Dama's House feels like a university student shared flat (because essentially that is what it is). Half eaten take-out containers, empty beer bottles, and an overflowing trash can greeted us in the kitchen, while a clogged sink drain and a pool of water on the floor welcomed us to the bathroom. Five rooms share the common space.
Apart from that overall issue, the room itself was fine. The bed was comfy, the ceilings very high.
The location is fantastic and Ali was always available and very quick to respond to issues. He welcomed us to the apartment and quickly fixed the clogged drain when I brought it to his attention. He struck me as a very wonderful host. It's just a shame that the common space isn't more comfortable for use.
First of all thanks a lot for your kind words, and for your stay as well!
I also feel very unfortunate for having such disrespectful and dirty guests during your staying time. Cleaning lady was in the flat 2 days before your check-in, she cleaned your room, and all shared areas properly. But it seems same disrespectful guests managed to make the mess in just 2 days. I am very sorry for any inconvenience, but its impossible to follow all actions of long term guests in my shared flats. I simply & gently warn people when they don't have respect for others who are also staying in flat, but as you know some just don't listen!
I am sorry you felt uncomfortable with the mess, next time I will give you a special discount to make up for this. Hope to see you again!
The apartment and host were wonderful! Ali was so sweet and kind, constantly offering his help. The apartment was centrally located and quite a cool place. Loved the experience in Istanbul! Thanks Ali!!
We had a good experience in this apartment. The location is perfect - very close to Taksim Square and shopping/nightlife. The room and apartment were clean. Ali also lives in the building so it was easy to talk to him if we needed (though we never had to).
The only downsides were that there are five bedrooms in total sharing only one bathroom, meaning that it was sometimes occupied when you wanted to use it. Also, the window in the bedroom faces the school across the street - which can be loud in the mornings. Other than those two things - the room is good!
Ali is a very kind host,always available for every question we had. The room has a romantic and relaxing atmospheare and the house itself is clean and comfortable. The house is well located near the main street. I definitely recommend the experience!
This host has 353 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Ali
Greetings traveller !
I'm almost 36 years old freelancer, graduated from graphic design. Currently running my own business, renovating and renting private rooms & flats in the heart of Istanbul mostly for incoming foreign visitors since the beginning of 2010.
I will be glad if I can help for your accommodation need!