About this listing
We've private rooms for Erasmus students / foreign visitors in a secure & crowded area in the heart of Taksim/Beyoglu. We're located very close to Tunel Square, a few steps away from Istiklal Street surrounded by historical atmosphere, close to the major shopping districts, public transport, historical places, consulates (we're side by side with Russian & Swedish Consulates f.e.)
Our facility has 10 private rooms and 1 private flat in different floors, and its suitable for long or short term accommodation needs.
Each room has its OWN bed, wardrobe & desk. There's also an unlimited WI-FI access, heating in every room and every room takes direct sunlight except one. Kitchen, bathroom and living room are shared areas in every floor except the privately rented apartments. You can take your shower whenever you want. There is hot water 24/7, you can watch TV and DvDs when you want to chill in front of the tv on a comfy couch.
Please contact me personally for details, I hope I'll be able to help you! Feel free to ask me about safe transportation directly from airport to my location and enjoy your stay in Istanbul ! :)
IMPORTANT NOTE : This private room is located in a very quiet and silent street, especially at night time. During daytime there's noise of nearby school and thats all. There are no karaoke restaurants next to this building. (I'm especially saying this to avoid confusions because we had a flat next to karaoke restaurant in some other corner of our district)
Please pay attention to these simple rules to make life better in our flat ;
1. Please ask permission of your current (website hidden) to invite more than 1-2 guests of yours, especially at late hours. Please do not invite dozens of people without asking other people, if you're in urge to do that, please do it with the permission of others at reasonable hours.
2. Please lock the flat door while you're leaving, also please keep your rooms locked when you're away to prevent any problematic situation.
3. Please pay attention to prevent loud noise after 23.00, there are lots of other people in the building who are waking up early and local people in nearby apartments as well.
4. Please do not smoke in the living room, if you're a smoker please try to choose your own room to smoke. Also please do not throw cigarettes into the garden.
5. 2 times per month a cleaning lady comes to clean the entire flat, but please be helpful to your (website hidden) about cleaning of shared areas. Please do not leave trash in kitchen, and please coordinate with your (website hidden) to keep it clean. Please keep it in mind its a shared flat. There are two huge metal trash containers at the end of our blind street to throw your trash.
6. Please do not give your keys to anyone else.
7. Please do not consume tap water for your own health. We're supplying drinking water in our flat. Water station is reachable via (phone number hidden) in case of need.
8. Please try to travel with known taxi stations. Be careful about random taxi drivers since they'll try to con you sometimes! Please feel free to ask for reliable transportation. Pera Taxi in case of need ; (phone number hidden). Please let me personally know if you have a serious health problem, this will allow me to be in touch with hospitals in case of emergency.
10. Please ask before you invite your guests who'll come to stay for one night (which is totally out of charge) or longer than that (supposed to pay).
If you engage in behavior that disturbs the other guests and the environment, or if you don't follow the house rules, you will be refunded and asked to leave immediately. Please let me know any of your suggestions, thanks a lot for your attention.
Ali fue un excelente anfitrión; me brindó la información necesaria antes de mi viaje para evitar contratiempos y durante mi estadía siempre estuvo disponible, sin importar la hora, para orientarme y ayudarme a vivir una experiencia maravillosa en Estambul. Su buena disposición superó mis expectativas.
El alojamiento es muy agradable y cómodo, es evidente el esmero de Ali por garantizar el confort de los huéspedes, está equipado con todo lo necesario para llevar la vida cotidiana como en casa y se nota que hace renovaciones permanentemente para que todo esté en muy buen estado. Con una excelente ubicación, situado a dos minutos de la avenida Istiklal esta cerca de todo; en mi caso hice buena parte de las visitas desplazándome a pie. Para ir a otros lugares de interés, la estación del metro y de tramway están igualmente muy cerca, llegar a Santa Sofía o la mezquita azul toma sólo unos 15 minutos.
Las noches en el barrio Beyoglu son simplemente fantásticas, restaurantes, bares, cafés, centros comerciales, espectáculos callejeros, etc. me sentí en el corazón de Estambul.
Así mismo, Ali selecciona cuidadosamente sus huéspedes permitiendo disfrutar de una agradable compañía.
Sin duda Ali contribuyó a que mi primera visita a esta bella ciudad fuera inolvidable.
Ali was great and met me even though I arrived a few hours later than expected. The room was just as advertised. The other guests seemed very nice though I didn't have much of a chance to get to know them. The location is excellent, near the Shish-hane Metro stop, at one end of Istiklal, the pedestrian mall that leads to Taksim Square, full of boutiques, restaurants, buskers, and the world's most flamboyant ice-cream merchant. Be aware, however, that the neighborhood is full of very steep hills--I brought only sneakers and my feet suffered.
I had a very good experience at Dama house during my holidays in Istanbul. It's very central and that allowed me to walk to almost everywhere. The house is in a quiet street and it has all the facilities, also Ali has been always very quick replying to any questions and very easy person to deal with. I will definitely stay again there in my next trip to Istanbul.
Ali was a great host, so welcoming and helpful, he will make you feel at home.
he is ready to help in any situation, I had an argument with the taxi driver who was taking me to Ali's place and even before I meet with Ali in person, I called him to talk to the driver in Turkish since the communications in English was useless, Ali was ready to help and he solved the problem with the Taxi driver.
For the room its good size room, I had a stay in the Indian room as well, You will met nice people in Ali's apartment, the diversity of the guests will leave a great chance for a culture-exchange, and if you're planing to stay for a long period of time, there will be a possibility of making good friends.
Location is just perfect, 3 minutes walking up the hill to Istiklal Street where you can see the Turkish modern lifestyle surrounded by historical buildings and unique gift boutiques, live music, good food and the best part is Galatasary tower just 7 minutes walking .
I also liked the fact that the building has elevator so you don't have to worry about lefting your luggage!
I definitely recommend Ali's place and the best thing about it is Ali himself.
Ali was a great host. Very friendly and helpful. I stayed a week in the Grey Room. After a warm welcome, Ali gave me a street map of Istanbul and a nice present. The Location is just two minutes away from Istiklal Cad., very cool! Thank you Ali, for sharing your place.
Perfect location and very very nice people. Only problem was that the bed is not very good, my back was hurting when I woke up.
Ali was very communicative before I arrived in Istanbul, gave very clear directions to the apartment, and was welcoming and accessible throughout my stay. The room itself--the grey room--was simple and lovely, in an apartment ideally located in Beyoglu within easy walking distance of everything I needed. Perfect. Ali also arranged reliable early morning transport to Ataturk airport for me on the day of my departure. It was a really great place to stay, private and simple and friendly. Strongly recommended.
This host has 410 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Ali
Greetings traveller !
I'm almost 36 years old freelancer, graduated from graphic design. Currently running my own business, renovating and renting private rooms & flats in the heart of Istanbul mostly for incoming foreign visitors since the beginning of 2010.
I will be glad if I can help for your accommodation need!