About This Listing
We've private rooms for Erasmus students / foreign visitors in a secure & crowded area in the heart of Taksim/Beyoglu. We're located very close to Tunel Square, a few steps away from Istiklal Street surrounded by historical atmosphere, close to the major shopping districts, public transport, historical places, consulates (we're side by side with Russian & Swedish Consulates f.e.)
Our facility has 10 private rooms and 1 private flat in different floors, and its suitable for long or short term accommodation needs.
Each room has its OWN bed, wardrobe & desk. There's also an unlimited WI-FI access, heating in every room and every room takes direct sunlight except one. Kitchen, bathroom and living room are shared areas in every floor except the privately rented apartments. You can take your shower whenever you want. There is hot water 24/7, you can watch TV and DvDs when you want to chill in front of the tv on a comfy couch.
This room has additionally a small balcony for smokers.
Please contact me personally for details, I hope I'll be able to help you! Feel free to ask me about safe transportation directly from airport to my location and enjoy your stay in Istanbul ! :)
IMPORTANT NOTE : This private room is located in a very quiet and silent street, especially at night time. During daytime there's noise of nearby school and thats all. There are no karaoke restaurants next to this building. (I'm especially saying this to avoid confusions because we had a flat next to karaoke restaurant in some other corner of our district)
Simple rules & reminders ;
1) Please ask before you invite your guests who'll come to stay for 1 night or longer than that.
2) If you're a smoker, please smoke on an open or nearby window.
3) Please do your own cleaning of your room by yourself. Every first week of every month a house cleaner comes to clean entire flat. Please be helpful to your (website hidden) about cleaning of shared areas.
4) Please do not give your keys to anyone else.
5) Please do not consume city water for your own health. We're supplying drinking water in our flats.
6) You do not need to bring your bed sheets or your quilt since we've at least 1 for each room.
7) Please try to travel with known taxi stations. Be careful about random taxi drivers hence they'll try to con you sometimes! Please feel free to ask for trustable transportation.
8) Please keep in mind, if you decide to leave before the end of your already paid period, there can be no payback. No one else instead of you can stay with your paid amount.
9) Please let me personally know if you've a serious health problem, this will allow me to be in touch with hospitals in case of emergency.
10) All of our rooms are private and lockable, please keep rooms and flats locked when you're away to prevent any problematic situation.
11) Please feel free to ask any help about anything.
Living at Damas house is a lovely experience. The area around the house is varied and atmospheric, you can find calm and peaceful places to stay and a a few steps further you can spend your time at the lively locations around Istiklal. The flat is cozy and beside the essential things you can also find some usefull books and a TV as well. Ali cares for his guests and will help out in any case of need.
Already in a great neighborhood, walking distance from some of the best eats/drinks/shopping in town, this flat is only made 10x better by Ali's hospitality. He met me at 3am on the morning I arrived, giving me the keys and showing me around the house (quietly, per his request so as to not wake the other AirBNB'ers).
The other flatmates were awesome - polite, really friendly, and always ready to show me around and even took me out for a few drinks. Would absolutely recommend this flat to anyone looking for affordable comfort and hospitality within Istanbul.
The experience staying at Ali's place is so wonderful that I extended my stay. Ali is a great host who is very accommodating and responsive. The location is centrally located by Istiklal Caddesi yet on a very quiet side street. Sishane metro and Tunel is within two minutes walk. The room is airy and spacious. Bonus is you get to also meet other guests and enjoy pleasant conversation. I highly recommend Ali's place to every airbnb member.
I am very glad I stayed at Dama's House. It's perfectly located in the city's cultural center with easy access to transit. There's a good (but expensive) private gym nearby on Hoca Ali Sokagi (NOA Gym) and lots of restaurants, grocery stores, etc. Ali was an excellent and friendly host, very responsible even despite surviving a bad car accident while I was there. He was understanding when I had to leave Istanbul early and refunded the extra rent I'd paid.
Really the only reason I gave my stay 4 instead of 5 stars is that there is (as of summer 2013) construction going on in the buildings next door and across the street. From about 10am-5pm Monday through Saturday there were very loud power tools being operated so I couldn't comfortably stay home to work or nap--which may have been a good thing as it forced me to see more of the town.
This host has 376 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Ali
Greetings traveller !
I'm almost 36 years old freelancer, graduated from graphic design. Currently running my own business, renovating and renting private rooms & flats in the heart of Istanbul mostly for incoming foreign visitors since the beginning of 2010.
I will be glad if I can help for your accommodation need!