About this listing
- Very clean
- Great location
- With an easy access to all the public transportations
- Walkable distance from MIT and MGH
This house is ideal for working professional, international visitor, visiting scholar and guest professor who is here for a short term or a month-to-month basis. Our home offers all the comfort and conveniences of the city at a fraction of the cost of being downtown.
The house is a quiet, super clean, well-maintained, owner occupied, in a safe, quiet neighborhood and very close to MIT/Kendall square/Technology Square/Harvard and downtown Boston.
This house is conveniently accessible between the two main subway lines. We are between the red line (Kendall Square station) and the green line (Lechmere station) subway stations. Therefore getting around town is super convenient. Both of the subway stations are within a 10 minutes walking distance from the house. In addition since we are so close to Boston and MIT, there are plenty of restaurants to choose from as well.
This room comes fully furnished (desk, chair, bed, linen, pillows, towels and one shared bathroom) with central heat, AC, WIFI, Cable TV and HDTV. This is a three stories building and we are on the top floor.
• Freshly brew coffee. If you are a big fan of tea we have a great selection of teas available for you to choose from as well.
• Fresh fruits
• Hair dryer
• Fresh clean linens and towels
• Shampoo, soap, hair conditioner
• Iron/ironing board
• Kitchen privileges (cook your meals)
• On site in unit laundry
• Parking permit to borrow
Note: Whatever else you may need, please don't hesitate to ask us. Our goal is to make your stay as comfortable as possible :-)
*** Hardwood floors throughout the house with open floor plan, skylight, 11 foot ceiling with plenty of sunlight.
*** Stainless steel appliances
*** Washer/Dryer in unit
We can be flexible with the check-in/checkout time, please tell us in advance to make an arrangement.
- Common areas
- In unit laundry
Interaction with Guests
We are more than happy to socialize and chat over a glass of wine or make dinner together if you want. :-) and be around to help with whatever you may need.
However to give people their privacy, we tend to stay out of your ways and be very quiet.
* 7 - 10 minutes walk to the Red Line T station (Kendall Square)
* 5 - 8 minutes walk to the Green Line T station (Lechmere)
* MIT Sloan School of Management is 10 minutes walk from the house
* 10 minutes walk to MIT Sloan School of Management
* 10 minutes to the Broad Institute
* One T stop for Mass General Hospital (MGH) and 2 T stop to Harvard University
* The Royal Sonesta hotel and the Charles river is three blocks from the house
* A great local theaters near by
* Park and basketball court are two blocks from the house
* BestBuy electronics store, Apple Store and the big shopping mall called the Galleria Mall is 2 blocks from the house
- The Kendall square T stop (subway stop) is less than 10 minutes walk from the house.
- The Lechmere T stop is about 8 minutes walking distance from the house as well.
- If you are going to MIT there is a free shuttle bus that will pick you up and drop you off near by the house as well.
- If you like to walk you can easily take an stroll along the beautiful Charles River, cross over the bridge and get to Mass General Hospital (MGH), Beacon Hill, and downtown Boston
- If you like to ride a bicycle, there are two bike rental places near the house for a REALLY economical price. Search the web for hubway in Cambridge for more detail.
1. In order to keep the place clean, we do not wear outdoors shoes in the house. Indoor slippers are ok.
2. Please keep the common areas clean
3. No smoking and drugs
4. No additional guest
I enjoyed my 3 night stay in Cambridge at the home of Catherine and Pat. Friendly, clean, comfortable and accommodating in every way. Would return again without question.
This was my first time using AirBnB and it's way better than a hotel! Cat and Pat are greats hosts, they made me feel welcome and provided many tips and suggestions on Boston/Cambridge. The room is exactly as advertised, the bed is big and comfortable. There is a choice of cereal/granola and yogurts for breakfast as well as coffee and tea. Overall I enjoyed the stay very much and would definitely try to book again if I ever visit Cambridge.
Catherine was very good host. On this occasion a colleague of mine stayed there and he was very happy. He told me he felt ver comfortable and that all was very clean.
This was an absolutely wonderful first experience with AirBnB!
Cat and Pat were both welcoming, helpful and friendly. Great communication and advice without being intrusive at all. A very nice assortment of light breakfast items and excellent coffee!
The bed was very comfortable and the neighborhood safe. Enjoyable short walk to the T.
Could not be happier....thanks Cat and Pat!
I have stayed with Catherine & Pat on several occasions and have been consistently delighted with the comfort and cleanliness of the accommodations. The hosts are friendly and I'm sure I'll stay here again.
Cath and pat were very welcoming. The place was exactly like what shown in the listing. They are both nice and friendly and care so much if I am comfortable being there. Enough towels and lines are provided.
They are keeping a beautiful style of life, making everything clean and nice, having good foods, and producing worm welcoming atmosphere around.
I wish I had more time...
I would highly recommend this listing and I will certainly stay here again if I ever come back to Boston.