About this listing
- Very clean
- Great location
- With an easy access to all the public transportations
- Walkable distance from MIT and MGH
This house is ideal for working professional, international visitor, visiting scholar and guest professor who is here for a short term or a month-to-month basis. Our home offers all the comfort and conveniences of the city at a fraction of the cost of being downtown.
The house is a quiet, super clean, well-maintained, owner occupied, in a safe, quiet neighborhood and very close to MIT/Kendall square/Technology Square/Harvard and downtown Boston.
This house is conveniently accessible between the two main subway lines. We are between the red line (Kendall Square station) and the green line (Lechmere station) subway stations. Therefore getting around town is super convenient. Both of the subway stations are within a 10 minutes walking distance from the house. In addition since we are so close to Boston and MIT, there are plenty of restaurants to choose from as well.
This room comes fully furnished (desk, chair, bed, linen, pillows, towels and one shared bathroom) with central heat, AC, WIFI, Cable TV and HDTV. This is a three stories building and we are on the top floor.
• Freshly brew coffee. If you are a big fan of tea we have a great selection of teas available for you to choose from as well.
• Fresh fruits
• Hair dryer
• Fresh clean linens and towels
• Shampoo, soap, hair conditioner
• Iron/ironing board
• Kitchen privileges (cook your meals)
• On site in unit laundry
• Parking permit to borrow
Note: Whatever else you may need, please don't hesitate to ask us. Our goal is to make your stay as comfortable as possible :-)
*** Hardwood floors throughout the house with open floor plan, skylight, 11 foot ceiling with plenty of sunlight.
*** Stainless steel appliances
*** Washer/Dryer in unit
We can be flexible with the check-in/checkout time, please tell us in advance to make an arrangement.
- Common areas
- In unit laundry
Interaction with Guests
We are more than happy to socialize and chat over a glass of wine or make dinner together if you want. :-) and be around to help with whatever you may need.
However to give people their privacy, we tend to stay out of your ways and be very quiet.
* 7 - 10 minutes walk to the Red Line T station (Kendall Square)
* 5 - 8 minutes walk to the Green Line T station (Lechmere)
* MIT Sloan School of Management is 10 minutes walk from the house
* 10 minutes walk to MIT Sloan School of Management
* 10 minutes to the Broad Institute
* One T stop for Mass General Hospital (MGH) and 2 T stop to Harvard University
* The Royal Sonesta hotel and the Charles river is three blocks from the house
* A great local theaters near by
* Park and basketball court are two blocks from the house
* BestBuy electronics store, Apple Store and the big shopping mall called the Galleria Mall is 2 blocks from the house
- The Kendall square T stop (subway stop) is less than 10 minutes walk from the house.
- The Lechmere T stop is about 8 minutes walking distance from the house as well.
- If you are going to MIT there is a free shuttle bus that will pick you up and drop you off near by the house as well.
- If you like to walk you can easily take an stroll along the beautiful Charles River, cross over the bridge and get to Mass General Hospital (MGH), Beacon Hill, and downtown Boston
- If you like to ride a bicycle, there are two bike rental places near the house for a REALLY economical price. Search the web for hubway in Cambridge for more detail.
1. In order to keep the place clean, we do not wear outdoors shoes in the house. Indoor slippers are ok.
2. Please keep the common areas clean
3. No smoking and drugs
4. No additional guest
Had a very comfortable stay here. Plenty of space in the private bedroom, lovely modern apartment. Catherine and her partner were also very accommodating of my somewhat unusual schedule. They're in a great neighborhood with easy accessibility to the red and green lines. Will definitely stay again next time I'm in town!
This was my second time staying with Pat and Catherine. They are great hosts and I can't wait to stay with them again! Everything is better than described :)
Lovely room. Great location in Cambridge with easy walk to MIT, subway, and restaurants. Welcoming and generous hosts.
Another satisfying stay with Catherine and Pat! Staying here is simply a pleasure, and consistently so.
Have stayed at Catherine's and Patty's for a couple of nights. The hosts were very proactive and prompt in ensuring that the stay was very smooth.
It was easy to get to their place and the headsup/instructions were very helpful. Place was tidy and calm.
Catherine and Pat were amazing hosts. The bed was super comfortable, the internet was really fast (I'm a tech CEO so this was important), the location was right next to the Galleria (big PLUS I didn't expect), AND the chobani yogurt breakfast with granola they offered was YUMMY!
I'm looking forward to staying with them again soon!
Catherine and Pat are genuine, flexible, caring and generous hosts who made me feel instantly at home. The apartment is beautiful and peaceful, and convenient to the airport, MIT, MGH (a scenic walk), Harvard (just a couple of subway stops away), events at the Royal Sonesta hotel (right down the street), a mall with major stores, the lovely waterfront, and good places to eat.
I felt like I was sleeping on a cloud, and the shower is fantastic. The room is a good size with lots of room to unpack. There is a desk, dresser, hairdryer, umbrella, iron, a folding stand to use for a suitcase, and other things. The laundry is very convenient, too!
They generously carried my bags up the stairs; left fruit and water in my room; provided yogurt, cereals, bread, coffee, tea, and other healthy things to eat in the morning; and called a taxi for me. They showed immense kindness when my subsequent accommodations were cancelled, and they were inspiring and enjoyable conversationalists. They also gave me space, but were warm and hospitable whenever we saw each other. Great value -- their place was a calm restorative oasis.