About This Listing
Villa “Denise* offers a pleasurable place for relaxing and a perfect location to make excursions in the region. The holiday home is built on a separate plot, bounded by stone walls, private pool, and gardens, settled in Cretan scenery with sea views.
Villa DENISE: ground floor villa. Accommodation: 6 persons. The entire inside living area is situated on one level.
- 3 bedrooms: one spacious master bedroom with 2 single beds. Second bedroom with 1 double bed ( narrow type - 122 cm). Third bedroom with 1 double bed.
- 1 bathroom with bath, WC, basin & washing machine. Second WC with basin.
The villas are a group of 4 independent holiday rental residences, situated in the Cretan countryside but not far away from the tourist areas. Each villa is built on a separate plot, bounded by stone walls, private pool, gardens, settled in a typical Cretan scenery, at the village of Aghios Dimitrios.
Villa DENISE offers an ideal relaxing spot for your family and friends to start you excursions through the island of Crete.
- 100 m2 inside living area. - Private pool with an outside shower to refresh yourself and a safety fence for small children. - Large tiled patio around pool with relaxing sun lounges and parasol. There is soft lightning in and around the pool/garden area for the evening. - Spacious shaded veranda by the entrance with outside dining table and chairs. - Balconies. - Windows and balcony doors are provided with shutters. - Central heating in all rooms for the chillier periods. - Wireless internet access is provided.
Bedrooms have built in wardrobes, air-conditioning unit (cool/heat), large mirror, safe, small TV Unit with Greek channels, as well as the foreign satellite channel chosen at the saloon area.
The living area consists of a spacious open plan living room. The dining room has a dining table and chairs. The sitting room features a triple and double sofa. LCD TV in sitting area offering Greek channels and hot bird satellite connection for the foreign channels. The living room offers an air-conditioning unit (cool/heat) and an open fire place in the sitting area.
The holiday house offers a fully equipped kitchen with oven, ceramic cooking plate, hob/extractor fan, large fridge with freezer, dish washer, micro wave oven, water cooker, coffee machine, as well as all necessary kitchen utensils.
Washing machine, steam iron, ironing board and drying rack.
Greek National Tourism Organization license number: MHT.E 1041K123K(phone number hidden).
No shared areas or amenities. Guest has access to all facilities mentioned in the description.
Interaction with Guests
I welcome my guests personally at arrival and give you a tour of the holiday home. I also inform you about the region, excursions you can undertake and try to help you with any other request you should have during your stay. I visit the villas for cleaning and maintenance on a nearly daily basis and as I live close by you can reach me also at any time by phone for urgent matters.
Enjoy the quiet location and stunning views towards the sea. The area offers the village lifestyle of Crete but within near vicinity of the beach and the town of Rethymnon.
- The holiday accommodations are located on the road to the village of Agios Dimitrios in a peaceful and beautiful countryside area. Rethymnon with its pretty, often vibrant Venetian port and old town is approx. 12km away; offering bus services to Heraklion / Knossos, Chania, Samaria gorge, all roughly an hour away. Lake Kourna is about 20 minutes away and is well worth a visit. Arkadi monastery, well known for its history is a short drive away
- Shopping facilities for every day’s necessities can be found at the neighboring village of Pigi at a walking distance of 300 meter providing butcher, baker and a grocery shop, tavern and internet cafe. Larger supermarkets, including a LIDL, can be found on your way to the beach resort "Platanes" at a distance of 4 km, offering an elaborated tourist infrastructure of organized beaches with watersports, restaurants, cafes, tourist shops, summer night clubs and bars. However there are many beautiful beaches all over the island catering all needs - busy, secluded, whatever you are looking for, you won't have far to go. However taverns serving typical fresh Cretan dishes can be found in the vicinity of the vacation rental.
- The vacation houses are located at the same distance from both the airports of Heraklion & Chania - about 75 km and 12 km to the port of Rethymnon.
The villas have an excellent location to relax and also discover the island of Crete with a short drive to the north highway which is the principal get a way for your excursions.
There is a free parking spot at the private lane in front of the garage at the villa.
The bus stop is located at 180 meters walking distance. In order to reach the beach at "Platanes" or to reach the town center of Rethymnon, you can take the bus lines serving the villages 'Arkadi - Loutra - Mesi - Kirianna*. These busses operate from the morning early hours up to about 21:00 hours. The service is about every hour.
I give you the mail address, after your reservation, of some local car rental companies offering interesting rates for different type of cars with pick-up and drop-off of the car at the airport. Except of the high seasons months, renting a car is not more expensive than using public busses and taxi to reach the villa and with the advantage that you are mobile during your stay to discover really the island.
Other Things to Note
By agreeing to this rental with Air bnb you also agree to these term:
Additional fees - payment cash at arrival.
Mandatory: • departure cleaning fee for a stay of less than 7 nights: 40€.
Optional: • air condition:10 Euro/day, available from April to November. • central heating: 20 Euro/day for operation of 5 hours per day, available from November to April. • Pet >8 kg allowed: 20 Euro/stay. • Baby cot and high chair: 3 Euro/day, request at reservation. • Folding extra bed: 6 Euro/day, request at reservation.
Note: we can add or a baby bed or an extra folding bed.
* Pool: operational from April to October, depending on weather conditions. * Smoking: allowed in specific areas. * Housekeeping included with change of bedlinens and towels with a stay of minimum 7 nights and more.
Nach dem wir anfangs kleinere Schwierigkeiten hatten die Villa zu finden (es gibt dort keine Straßennamen, die man einfach in das Navi eintippen könnte), hat uns unsere Vermieterin dankenswerterweise direkt mit dem Auto abgeholt, so dass wir ihr nur noch hinterherfahren mussten. Die Villa selbst liegt etwas abseits in den Bergen, in sehr schöner Umgebung. Ein Leihwagen ist allerdings Pflicht um dort mobil zu (website hidden) und Pool waren sehr gepflegt, so dass wir dort eine sehr angenehme Woche verbringen konnten.
This host has 14 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Denise
I am a belgian native and I live for more than 25 years in Crete. During those years I gathered work experience in the tourism industry and offer several sea view vacation rentals "Helidonia Villas" in the Rethymno region. Four villas feature private pools, located at the village "Agios Dimitrios" and one holiday home offers a large garden, located in the area "Kastelakia", close to Rethymno old town and the beach. I am happy to help you discover Crete's beauties during your stay: secluded beaches, historical sites, mountain areas, clubs, tavernas, nightlife.
I enjoy to socialize with family and friends during free time and love pets.
I like to attend cultural events, music and dance performances.