Hi Christina - I guess there is two sides to every story. Mine (the truthful one) is below:
1. From the date of booking until the date of arrival, there was zero communication from you regarding your stay, arrival time, etc, etc. I think you will agree there was no way for me to know your expected arrival time if you dont tell me.
2. I contacted you the day prior to your arrival to ask what time you expected to arrive. You indicated between 12.30-1.00pm. I asked whether you could make it 1.30pm. You refused, I offered to collect you and your luggage until check in time - you refused.
3. You indicated you wanted a refund and I told you it was fine for you to cancel. You refused to cancel and you requested me to cancel your reservation. I never have cancelled any reservation on guests and there was no reason for me to cancel your reservation as we were willing and available to host you.
4) There was no further communication from you and you never showed up for your reservation, so we have actually never met in person.
5) This whole episode is unfortunate - with over 150 positive reviews and being a verified AirBnB superhost, we always do our best and go out of our way to make guests feel comfortable. Its unfortunate things did not work out for you on this occassion but we did everything fairly and in accordance with our policies.
I wish you the best with your future bookings.