About this listing
Lovely spacious room with rooftop view in historic Boston neighborhood. Private marble bath with rain shower. Lots of sunlight. High ceilings and hardwood floors. Gas fireplace. New queen size bed with antique furniture.
PLEASE, READ :
LATE ARRIVAL AFTER 10:00 p.m. WILL BE $150 CHARGES CASH BEFORE YOU RECEIVE THE KEYS. YOU MUST LET ME KNOW YOUR TIME OF ARRIVAL. THANK YOU.
1) CONVENIENTLY ACCESSIBLE BY PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION.
2) NO SMOKING IN/AROUND THE HOUSE.
3) PLEASE READ CANCELLATION POLICY.
4) CHECK IN AFTER 4:00 P.M. AND CHECK OUT BY 10:00 A.M.
5) THREE-NIGHT MINIMUM STAY.
6) YES THE HOUSE IS EASY WALK TO PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION.
7) WIFI IS AVAILABLE AT $50 PER STAY.
Directions to 46 Monument Avenue from airport by public transportation:
Go outside the lower level and take the free bus to Subway station. Make sure the bus is going to the Subway Station. Take the Blue Line (toward Bowdoin) to the State Street stop. Go upstairs and take the Orange Line (toward Oak Grove) to the Bunker Hill/Community College stop. (website hidden)
Get off at Bunker Hil/Community College. Go upstairs to the street level. Turn left on the side walk. Walk across to two consecutive lights on the sidewalk and pass the 99 Restaurant and the shopping center on your left. At the light, make a right on Main Street. Walk three short blocks and Monument Ave. is the third left. Number 46 is in the middle of the hill on the left side of the street.
It's not a bad idea to buy a "Charlie Card" from the Airport stop if you plan to use public transportation during your visit. It will be less expensive than paying for each trip. You can also use it on the bus too. There are two buses numbers 92 & 93 from Charlestown to Downtown. From Downtown to Charlestown, get off at St. Mary's Church stop. Walk one block to Monument Ave. This suggestion is for your travel during your stay in Charlestown.
On the street, free for none residence from 8:00 P.M. until 8:00 A.M. during the week. There are two hours parking around the area. Free for all during the weekend.
There is a parking garage near :
Nautica Parking Garage
88 Constitution (email hidden))
Charlestown, MA 02129
((phone number hidden)
I OR MY HOUSE KEEPER WILL LET YOU IN THE HOUSE. PLEASE, DO NOT ASK FOR THE KEYS IN ADVANCE AND SOMEONE TO PICK UP THE KEYS.
Interaction with Guests
LIMITED INTERACTION AFTER CHECK IN UNLESS REQUESTED.
THE HOUSE IS UNIQUE, HISTORICAL AND CHARLESTOWN IS ONE OF THE OLDEST TOWN IN THE USA.
Other Things to Note
PLEASE AND SHOULD YOU CHOOSE TO STAY AT MY 3RD FLOOR GUEST ROOM, YOU MUST BE VERY QUITE DURING THE NIGHT TIME AND ENTERING AND EXITING THE HOUSE. NO SHOES ALLOWED IN THE HOUSE. THANK YOU.
Information for Your Stay at
46 Monument Avenue
Charlestown, MA 02129
First, welcome and thank you for choosing my home for your stay in Boston. Please let me know if I can be of assistance in making your visit enjoyable and comfortable.
Please be advised that there is absolutely no smoking in the house! Thank you for your cooperation. If you are smoker and been caught smoking in the house you will be asked to leave and no refund. Please do not smoke in front of the house or around the house.
Arrival and Departure
· Kindly remember to check out before 10:00 A.M. and check in after 4:00 P.M.
· Most likely, I will say good-bye to you when you leave however should our schedules not match, please shut and lock all windows and doors when leaving nd make sure all lights are off.
· After going out the black door, leave the keys in the mail slot.
Internet and Cable
For internet access, you will get this number when you arrive.
Public Transportation and Getting Around
· To use the subway (underground): After you leave the black door, turn right and follow the directions above to the supermarket. Pass the supermarket on your right. Keep walking straight and after you cross two consecutive lights you will see a big “T”; this is the MBTA Bunker Hill/Community College stop on the Orange Line. To get Downtown, take the train toward Forest Hills.
· You can also go between Charlestown and Downtown on the 92 and 93 buses (schedules in the top drawer of the counter facing the living room).
· From Downtown to Charlestown on the 92, get (email hidden). Mary's Church stop. Walk one block to Monument Avenue. On the 93, get off at the Chelsea Street and Warren Street stop and walk down Warren Street to Monument Avenue
· It's not a bad idea to buy a "Charlie Card" from any stop if you plan to use public transportation during your visit. It will be less expensive than paying for each trip.
· Boston is a walkable city and it is very easy to find Charlestown. Just walk toward the water (Boston harbor), look in the sky, and you will see Bunker Hill Monument. Head toward it!
· Street parking is limited. Read street signs very carefully. Wednesday is street cleaning on alternate sides of Monument Avenue. Again, read signs carefully to avoid being towed.
· On Monument Avenue from 8 A.M. to 8 P.M., parking is only for residents with parking stickers. From 8 P.M. to 8 A.M. however, anyone may park on Monument Avenue.
· You may park around the monument from 8 P.M. to 8 A.M., as long as you’d like. From 8 A.M. to 8 P.M. however parking is for two hours only. You will need to move your car every two hours.
Neighborhood Restaurants and Other Conveniences
· Figs on Main Street down the hill.
· Warren Tavern--one of the oldest restaurants in the U.S.--on Main and Pleasant Streets a block away from Monument.
· Tangierino on Main Street at the end of Monument Avenue.
· Paulo's Trattoria on Main Street.
· Chow Thai on Main Street.
· Ironside Grill on Warren Street.
· Olives at City Square.
· Max and Dylan's on Chelsea Street.
· Tavern on the Water located at the Navy Yard adjacent to the harbor.
· Navy Yard Bistro on 1st Avenue at the Navy Yard.
· Sorrelle Bakery & Cafe on Monument Avenue and City Square (on the water).
· Zumes Coffeehouse on Main Street.
· Liquor Store is located in Thompson Square two blocks from Monument Avenue.
· U.S. Post Office in the shopping mall.
· Several dry cleaners around the neighborhood.
· 46 Monument Avenue is located one block off the Freedom Trail so just a few blocks from the USS Constitution and the Bunker Hill Monument.
· Make sure you take time to walk around the harbor where you can enjoy the Boston skyline and the view of the USS Constitution.
· Bunker Hill Museum is at the top of Monument Avenue across from the monument.
· The Museum of Science is approximately a 15-minute walk (or Green Line/Science Park stop) and worth the visit.
· Most other sights around the city are readily accessible by subway or bus.
· During late September through October, New England foliage is breathtaking. Make sure you go up north or to the western part of the state.
· Metro Cab: (phone number hidden).
· From experience, most taxi companies in this area are unreliable for advance booking however they will pick you up within ten minutes or less from the time of your call. Give them your phone number and please instruct them to call you when they arrive although depending on the driver, he/she may honk.
· Lulu is my sweet, gray striped cat. She is playful and affectionate however she’s a little unpredictable so it’s best to let her make the first move. If you don’t mind it, when she’s ready she may rub against your leg. She can give “love bites” when playing and her teeth are sharp so please be forewarned. Most likely you will only see Lulu when I’m around as she is quite glued to me. If you do happen to see her alone, please do not let her outside or into the studio.
· We share the alley with the next door neighbor. Should you come and go in the evening or early morning, please keep voices down particularly outside and please do not slam the doors.
· Please be aware that I offer no room service and serve no meals.
· Guests are responsible for keeping the unit clean and in order.
· Please try to conserve water. If it's yellow, let it mellow!
· The owner of 46 Monument Avenue is not responsible for loss or left of personal property during or after your departure. Of course I will be happy to mail you anything of value at your own expense.
· Your feedback is important and would be greatly appreciated.
· Please take a moment to complete the attached evaluation and leave it for me on the counter.
· If you made your reservation using Airbnb, please submit a review to the site.
Once again, welcome. Please let me know how I can make your stay more enjoyable.