About this listing
Sunny room Wood flrs, and beautiful exposed Brick wall. Private from the other bedrooms, facing the street with higher noise levels on weekends during nice weather. Modern fully stocked kitchen & bath, espresso maker, cookware, dishes, etc.
- We are located on the same block as the Jefferson stop on the L Train. This train takes us directly to Untion Square in exactly 14min. In our area there is nothing as new, clean, close to the train, and close to the most amazing shops and bars in our neighborhood.
- This upstairs bedroom has direct light and exposed brick. It's the perfect size for a single person or a couple. Smaller but average size for NYC.
-This room is facing the street. There is not a lot of cars driving past but there is foot traffic on weekends as it's a lively, fun area but can be a bit loud. Please ask for earplugs if you're sensitive to noise or consider booking one of our other rooms!
- Depending upon request we can offer the entire apartment, all 4 rooms at the same time depending on the intended length of your stay. You could easily house 4 couples in this configuration and maybe a 9th and 10th person on our air mattress!
-All of the rooms are totally private with locking doors.
-We have 1.5 bathrooms. Full bathroom upstairs, half is downstairs.
-Exposed Brick and Hardwood floors.
- Very comfortable beds. Fresh Linens and Towels.
- Coffee every morning.
There are two other rooms with potential availability in our home. So if you're traveling in a group make sure to look at all of our listings.
Laundry in building!!!
Backyard with Apple trees, and a Fire Pit, with BBQ possibility. There is not direct access from your room, you'll need to go through either Erica or Jorel's bedroom. Ask them if you'd like to hang in the back yard.
Awesome Bars! It's very easy to just stay in this neighborhood.
The greatest Taqueria (maybe on Earth?). Also nothing there costs more than $6!
Totally amazing restaurants, from French, to New american, to brick oven Italian style pizza.
A local Park for indigenous people watching.
AGAIN, 45 second walk to "Jefferson" stop on the L train.
The kitchen and bathroom upstairs is a shared area.
Interaction with Guests
Erica will be here during your stay, she's a music teacher who works from home often. Jorel travels for work and is here part time. We are busy with work and pursuing artistic projects but are happy to help you understand the city! You can text, call, or email us anytime. Depending on what you're looking to experience, Erica or Jorel will have recommendations.
There is a backyard with a fire pit/BBQ with access through Jorel or Erica's rooms. We'll be happy to let you out there when we're home, just ask, or you can join us when we're BBQ-ing!
We highly recommend shooting us an email to tell us when you are hoping to stay with us, and we can give you an immediate idea of all the possibilities. Plus the third room could always be available if Jorel is going away so write to us anytime to say hello, and we'll answer any questions.
A flourishing artist community has existed in Bushwick for decades and has now become one of the most lively art communities in New York City. Dozens of art studios and galleries are scattered throughout the neighborhood along with countless music venues, bars and restaurants. There are several open studios programs that help the public visit artist studios and galleries and a number of websites dedicated to promoting neighborhood art and events.
Some restaurants, music venues, and bars we love:
Tortilleria Mexicana Los Hermanos
Secret Project Robot
Low Brow Artique
The Living Gallery
House of Yes
English Kills Art Gallery
The Cobra Club
Goodbye Blue Monday
Momo Shushi Shack
El Mio Cid
Again...Yes, the L train is conveniently located ON OUR BLOCK.
The train makes commuting very easy into other neighborhoods:
- 8-10 minutes from Williamsburg
- 13 minutes to the East Village
- 15 minutes to Union Square (Holiday Market and shopping)
- 35 minutes to Rockefeller Center (ice skating, christmas tree)
- 40 minutes away from Central Park
- Subway: Take the ACE line and transfer to the L train.
- Mass transit is tricky, we suggest a fairly inexpensive yellowcab ride (about $30 with tip, depending on traffic) to our place.
Other Things to Note
We do have 2 cats that mostly stay in Erica's room unless you woo them into yours, you're welcome to invite them!
The Rental rooms don't have any pets in them unless you specifically invite them in, so you most likely won't even know they are here.
There is free street parking on our block, yoga, Indian Food, 3 great bars and a 24 hour gormet food store around the corner!
Please be respectful of other guests by being quiet at night. If there are no other guests, you can bend that rule!
We ask that you leave your shoes by the front door inside the apartment. We like to keep in nice and clean and comfy!
Just act like you live here! Make yourself at home, use our fully stocked kitchen and bathrooms and clean up after!