About this listing
Our FARMHOUSE is a characteristic 17th century coaching inn on 22 acres of grounds with a small and charming swimming pool faced on the mountains.
We are located in Abruzzo region and nestled between the high mountains of two of the largest National Parks in Europe ("Majella" and "Gran Sasso").
The agritourism "Madonna degli Angeli" has SEVEN APARTMENTS, built within the ancient structures of the farm, for a total of 20 beds, fully equipped and renovated, preserving its antique furnishings and the typical atmosphere of the place. Each one is independent and has a own entrance and private outdoor space. Each flat has a bathroom, living room with kitchenette (fully equipped), 1 or 2 bedrooms, terrace or balcony with outdoor furniture. In the garden itself there are authentic historic artefacts coming from the farm, such as some bronze aged menhirs and remains of Roman columns.
The main characteristic of the farm stay is its geographical position and very convenient road links; ideally situated for excursions throughout this region of outstanding natural beauty (extremely rich of biodiversity
For any EXTRA (heathing, air conditioning, minimum stay, etc.) and/or DISCOUNTS please see "House Rules".
We are ideally situated for excursions throughout this region of outstanding natural beauty. Pescara is the capital; located on the beach, it is just 30 minutes drive away and has an international airport with direct flights (low cost) from several European capitals. Rome is 90 minutes by car (with the possibility of direct bus – the departure station is at 1.5 km).
Besides the Mountains and the wildness of our National Parks, we are only 15/30 minutes away from organized sports centres (canoe, horseriding, donkeyriding, hang-glider, etc.), important historic villages and medieval monuments.
We are at 350 meters from the first restaurant, 2 km from the first supermarket and only 5 minutes drive from the first village where to find everything.
Interaction with Guests
For more than thirty years with passion we manage the farmhouse inside the ancient family estate. We put available to guests our experience and various guides to practice tourism "personalized"(tailor made).
- 4 nights (extra charge for stays of 3 nights only).
- 6/7 nights (from 11th of July to 22nd of August), beginning on Saturday or Sunday (otherwise subject to availability by last minute booking or for long stays).
- "Minimum Stayings" only 3 nights (minimum opening) = 30 € flat rate charges for opening /cleaning (while already included for "Regular" stays of 4 nights or longer);
- Extra bed = 15 €/night;
- Cot or crib = 8 €/night;
- Heating = 10 €/night for small apartments and 15 €/night for medium and large ones (with temperatures between 20° and 22°) - free for those who prefer the "all-wood" (using fireplaces or wood burning stoves, where present;
- Air conditioning (where present) = reimbursement of electrical consumption (by reading the general electric meter of the apartment);
- Pets accepted = 20 € flat rate per animal for extra cleaning (only by prior agreements and small size);
- Mountain bikes (only on prior request and if available) = 10 €/day 30 €/week (50% reduction for indoor use at the agriturismo).
CLEANINGS (initial and final ones are included - no kitchenette):
- Clean kitchen-corner at departure (optional) = 20 € flat rate;
- Linen are provided weekly (additional charge for more changes);
- Additional house cleaning (on previous request) = 12 €/hour;
- Washing machine in common use = 2.50 € per wash (no detergent/products).
- Free for children under 3 years who do not require a cot/crib and linen;
- Some discounts are possible depending on the Season (High, Mid or Low), length of stay and number of participants
The price includes everything (regular consumptions): electricity, cooking gas, water, starting and final cleaning (no kitchenette), weekly change of linen (sheets and towels), firewood, use of recreational facilities (available seasonally and barring unforeseen circumstances or technical problems, such as swimming pool, table tennis, kicker, playground, sunbeds, un loungers, sun umbrellas, barbecues, etc.), free WiFi, italian VAT at 10%.
The price includes also several useful basic equipment to the "easy” use of the house and the kitchen (minimum quantities just for covering the first few days of vacation), such as: extra virgin olive oil (of our farm production), coffee, sugar, salt, matches, wipes, products for cleaning dishes and floors, toilet paper, soap (no shampoo, shower gel), broom, dustpan. Hair dryer on request.
About the Host, Lorenzo
I am married with 2 children. I am 47 years old, have a degree in Sociology, but I love the countryside and nature and I am in the field of tourism for over 20 years.
I love to travel and meet people. I know very well Abruzzo and I like to share its beauty with my guests.