Spacious and modern luxury apartment 100 meters from the beach. Cafes, restaurants, banks, car & quad rentals, spas and tourist offices are right around the corner. Our outdoor Jacuzzi is the perfect spot to relax after a day at the beach!
My family and I stayed (2 adults, and a 3 year old) at the K1 Loft Apartment for 5 weeks from mid February to mid March in 2014.
We had a wonderful stay in this very spacious, beautiful and well designed apartment.
The apartment has a large living/dining room with high ceilings and skylights, a connected TV room with a comfortable couch, 2 bathrooms, a full kitchen and two bedrooms. There is also a spacious balcony with more outdoor cushions/sitting area and an outdoor pool/bathtub.
The apartment is on a 3rd floor of a building that has a restaurant on the first floor, and offices on the second.
Here are all the things that we loved about the place:
* Very responsive hosts. Whenever there was anything that needed to be fixed in the apartment (lightbulbs went out, WIFI disappeared), someone was quickly dispatched to deal with the issue.
* 5 minute walk to the beach
* 2 minute walk to the grocery store, and local restaurants
* Next door to two surf schools, adventure travel shops and ATV/bike rentals.
* The restaurant downstairs is very convenient to go to for breakfast or a quick lunch.
* Fast wifi
* A unique floor plan layout that made it fun to explore the apartment.
* Bed are very comfortable, much more than any where else we stayed in Costa Rica.
* Large bedroom closets.
* Very secure. There are three sets of locks that separate you from the outside: 1) The gate to the property is locked after the restaurant closes (5pm), 2) the lock on the first floor to the building, 3) the lock to the apartment on the 3rd floor. It was also great to have lots of people around downstairs at the restaurant and the office.
And here's what we didn't like about our stay:
* The apartment is on the main road of Santa Teresa and therefore receives a lot of dust. Being on the 3rd floor helps, but the dust is still unescapable. The road in front of the building is paved, so that helps as well, and it's not as bad as it likely is in other places.
* There are frequent power outages that don't last very long (1 min at most) but are still inconvenient especially since the WIFI needs to be manually reset afterwards.
The downsides of the apartment are more related to the downsides of staying in Santa Teresa in general (dust/infrastructure issues), and the apartment itself is built to take advantage of the good (close to beaches and restaurants) and deal with the bad (elevated above the road, luxury interior, supported by the infrastructure of the restaurant and offices below).
Overall - we couldn't have asked for a more relaxing and comfortable place to stay in Santa Teresa.
The surf and the beaches are absolutely gorgeous, and the sunsets are stunning!
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.