About This Listing
NONSMOKERS! Use this listing to contact us for any number of bedrooms. We have 3 baths.
Our breakfasts of home made waffles are most guest's favorite part of their stay!
Near Napa's Wine Country, we're also only 32 miles to San Francisco!
Choose the number of elegant bedrooms that work best for you. We will do our best to honor your request, depending on current vacancies.
~French Impressionist Room: Soothing blue and white decor, and an antique double bed. Feel indulged, relaxed and rested, also waking up to early morning light.
~African Zebra Room: Black and white with a double bed, located downstairs. The view is the same as the India room.
~English Suite: Shabby chic with queen bed and private bath.
~India Room: Green and teal paisley with peacock accessories. The queen bed has deluxe linens and a gorgeous view of Solano and Marin Counties.
~Morocco room is the master suite, only available for groups when all other rooms are booked.
A single futon can be added to any room if desired.
This is our second home, so we don't guarantee that your stay will be hosted during your entire stay. (It usually is). DO NOT ASK US TO GUARANTEE A VACANT PROPERTY! We are tolerant hosts of ALMOST anything except drugs, excess alcohol, abuse of our property and smoking. Alternative LS friendly.
**** PLEASE READ THE HOUSE RULES*** You will be given priority over guests who do not and held accountable for their content.
We offer a true BnB experience. There is ALMOST ALWAYS (but not always) someone present to host and care for your needs.
INSIDE: Your room, Kitchen and every cooking implement known to man, Living Room, Dining Room, and two baths. Wifi, Surround sound and laundry are available (ask for help!) NOT the family room unless invited.
On street parking is plentiful. Off street parking may be available. Please ask.
Our backyard is a work in progress, but please enjoy the deck, firepit, and (with notice) the hot tub which all have expansive views of the city towards Mt. Tam and San Pablo Bay.
Access to the deck is only from the family room, which is owner's work space, and not common area. The photos show the room at its best, and we are giving you notice that is the most "lived in" room. Jerry is social when working; Jamie is not. If Jamie is present, access the deck quietly please.
Interaction with Guests
HOSTS ON PROPERTY:
If you feel our presence is required, please let us know. We also want to feel welcome in your presence - it is best if you communicate your level of need for privacy.
Jerry will be happy to prepare a yummy Continental breakfast during short term stays. This includes his ever popular waffles, yogurt, fresh fruit, real maple syrup and cereals, coffee and tea.
If you have special dietary or scheduling needs, we can work with you. Communicate with Jerry, regarding same.
Jerry is diabetic, and must eat when he must eat. With that in mind, cook away.
We can actually do (with Jerry cooking) sit down dinners for 1-18 guests! (We have done over 200 events!)
HOSTS OFF PROPERTY:
Help yourself to pre - but home made waffles, cereal, coffee and tea, sweeteners and milk for breakfast. You may also use condiments, spices, basic oils, and vinegars for other meals. Specialty olive oils are off limits.
LONG TERM GUESTS: Discounted rates generally exclude breakfast and limit use of kitchen staples.
LOCATION: directly between 80 and 780, and 37 and 80, right on the way to Napa from the East Bay or Sacramento.
ACTIVITIES AND SHOPPING:
~Hills: Dining and Stores, mostly well known companies (5-7 minutes).
~Downtown: (all about 10 minutes)
~Marina area: Fairs and events of different flavors. San Francisco bound Ferry, plus Several independent restaurants.
~Georgia Street - Antique Shopping and Saturday farmer's market.
~Empress Theatre - Various types of entertainment.
~Six Flags Discovery Kingdom
~Touro University (15 minutes)
BENICIA: (10 minutes)
~Boutique shopping on 1st street as well as a variety of independent restaurants.
~Thursday Night Farmer's Market.
NAPA: (30 minutes)
~We are happy offer.suggestions for Wine Tasting!
~Water World Park (20 minutes)
~Raceway (20-25 minutes, without traffic) Wine Tasting (45 minutes to an hour)
Golden Gate Fields Horse Race track (25 minutes)
University of California (30 minutes)
FAIRFIELD/SUISUN: (25- 30 min)
~Travis Air Force Base
~Jelly Belly Factory
~Please ask about activities for small children! ~
(But please don't surprise us with children/babies we are not expecting!)
Public transportation is not especially convenient except for commuting.
Equidistant from the San Francisco Airport and Sacramento Airport (60 minutes) Oakland is closest at 35 minutes away. Car (rental) is the best way to get here.
Other Things to Note
If you are here while you conduct a house hunt, Jamie is a REALTOR® with RE/Max Gold.
OTHER Professional business services available: ~Transcription (including Medical)
~Real Estate Loan Signing
A $100-250 security deposit will be held per room, and unless there is damage or SMOKING, is fully refundable. We want to give it ALL back!
We have a toy poodle service dog, Blizzard. He is extremely well behaved. He will ignore you (unless you are friendly to him) and is HYPOALLERGENIC and flea free.
!!!!!DO NOT Try to to pet him at the front door! Give him time to warm up to you!!!!!
IF WE HAVE TO MAKE ALTERATIONS TO THE HOUSE, OR YOU HAVE UNUSUAL NEEDS, IN ORDER TO ACCOMMODATE YOU, WE MAY CREATE AN ADDITIONAL CONTRACT ABOVE AND BEYOND AirBnB's TOS.
We are NOT at the property every day. You may be asked to let yourself in, and may stay alone one or more nights, but we DO NOT offer a vacant house.
The actual rules follow these questions...
1) Are you looking exclusively at our property or contacting multiple hosts?
2) What are your plans during your stay time wise which might impact us, and when will you want to arrive and check out?
3) What are you hopeful to experience in terms of food preparation? Any special dietary needs?
4) Tell me a bit about each of the people in your party, besides yourself. ***Photo ID is required for those not who are not your spouse, parent or child. ***
5) Is this a trip you are certain you are taking or are you still in the early stages of organizing?
Now onto the actual rules and guidelines:
Our main concern is that our guests are NON SMOKERS and NON VAPERS. We are serious about this. Tell us you have read this, by stating you are tobacco free in your inquiry. By smoking prior to arriving at the property, or on the property orelsewhere DURING YOUR STAY of ****any**** substance, YOU AGREE TO FORFEIT YOUR ENTIRE SECURITY DEPOSIT or an amount we feel reasonable for our inconvenience.
If you are inquiring, you must sleep here. You may not inquire on another's behalf, including your spouse.
The family and living rooms are not to be used as sleeping areas!
Eat and drink on the main floor only. (Except water.)
No shoes in the house. If you need socks, just let us know.
You may cook in our kitchen up to 60 minutes. No curry or bell peppers if Jamie is home. She is allergic.
Please clean up after yourself immediately after your meal.
If you shower, please use your bath towel to dry down the shower for the next person.
Clean out the hair trap. PLEASE!!!
If you are showering before 8:30 in the morning please shower in the downstairs bath. Upstairs showers are noisy.
WE ARE IN A DROUGHT! PLEASE BE MINDFUL! Please do not use more water/ pressure than you need. Do not use dual heads simultaneously.
If you don't think something is clean enough already, please let us know and we will clean more.
Dirty laundry goes in the basket in the hallway or on the laundry room floor.
Washer/Dryer is available, but please ask before using. We reserve the right to charge.
The downstairs bathroom is supplied with skin care samples, etc. Feel free to try stuff.
If you leave your own stuff in the ladies room, other ladies may think it is available to try. We recommend storing your personal items in your room.
PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE DOG ANYTHING! EVER.
WE request is that if you need something, that you tell us, and if we can, we will provide it. If there is a problem, please tell us in the moment and perhaps we will certainly do our best to fix it!
NOTE: This is REQUIRED READING... This is our home, not an investment property. We have done our best to create a wonderful experience for you, including leaving out our beautiful and valuable antiques and other furnishings, which is what attracted you to us in the first place. Our home contains our most precious possessions. We ask that you show us respect, and additionally, respect our home. We will in turn do our best to treat you and your needs with respect.
If you are respectful, you should get your full deposit back, plus a great 5 star review.
But just in case you are wondering, below is what happened to some guests who didn't chose this route with THEIR associated consequences. They're hopefully infused with some humor, but ultimately we are serious. If you request to stay with us, you agree to accept the possibility of these charges and consequences, being applied to you, if these or similar acts are committed. This is part of the contract into which you are entering, even if these charges are over the specific damage deposit charged for the room.
You know you are a bid guest if you:
1) Leave your hair in shower hair trap, no charge, but you'll only receive 4 stars for cleanliness.
2) Leave your starbucks and other litter in our front yard while waiting to load into your limo... okay, even though it's not too much work to clean it up, Entitlement charge, $150.
3) Play beer/wine/vodka pong without asking/don't use coasters on antique wood surfaces. Up to $1620 to refinish dining room table or other damaged antiques. Not a typo. Arrogance charge $100.
4) Drink red wine, and spill or toss it. Yeah, that kind of toss. Throw in blackberries for extra fun and greater charges. $120 per affected floor for carpet cleaning for spills, $50 additional Immaturity charge for tossing.
5) State you are a "professional" (read entitled) in the opening email. $25 optional ego charge, if not flat out rejection.
6) Try to hide unexpected extra guests. X guests = quoted price. X + 1 = $50 extra per night. X+2 = $100 extra per night, if you are a "professional" you can probably do the math.
7) Smoke on our property and/or leave swisher sweets wrappers on the floor. $135 Arrogance charge.
8) Steal our jewelry. Okay we have not figured who did this one, but there can be very serious legal consequences associated.
9) Steal an SD card with Jamie's life on it. Return it, and pretend it didn't happen. Get kicked out. No refund.
10) Bring dog without asking, get kicked out. $170 entitlement charge.
11) Bring dog with permission, allow on human bed without permission. Get provided with folding pad to sleep with your dog on the floor, where your dog belongs, then get kicked out.
12) Rearrange furniture and scratch coffee table glass top. $50 Carelessness charge.
13) State in opening email you attend an Ivy league college. We are so impressed. See number 5.
14) Hire a limo to pick you up here, or make a lot of noise in our front yard, calling unwanted attention to our home and airbnb business. see number 2.
15) Bring a small dog that is really a large puppy. $135 Dishonesty charge.
16) Leave the house unreasonably dirty- food on the counters, stove and/or dirty kitchen floors after cooking, or show other general disregard to other parts of our home that require extra cleaning time. $30 per hour (after 40 to 45 min per person).
17) Leave your gross body fluids in shower hair trap, receive only 1 star for cleanliness and a thumbs down. (Hosts know how to recognize a thumbs down guest).
18) Steal Christmas tree ornaments, break personal objects. $120.
19) Allow child to glue cherrios to silk bedskirt, and trash jacuzzi tub. Above fine, plus receive coded review to warn other hosts, thumbs down, flagged profile, and undesirable attention from airbnb experience team.
20) Sleep on decorator pillows, which take a long time to iron, even after specifically asked not to. Drop to 4 stairs for house rules and receive a lackluster review.
21) Ask us to temporarily rehome our dog, so you can bring your dog. Immediate decline and snarky response.
22) Drop off guests and not stay overnight yourself. This is not going to end well. Give up your right to review us, since you are outside terms of service. We retain right to review you.
We are sure you can think of things no one else has yet, but please don't. Obviously, some of these are very serious and some are just annoyances. We hope never to charge you or anyone else anything extra. One might think that these very real past problems might make us give up. Not yet, but it does make us more careful, making this list is part of your contract. You are responsible for its content.
But most of our guests are wonderful. And that is why we continue to invite guests like you to stay with us!
It's a beautiful place, the view from the my room window and the balcony is spectacular. Jamie and Jerry are very accommodating, we cooked our dinner in their kitchen.
The breakfast waffle jerry made is the best I ever had.
I would recommend this place.
I had a good time in jerry' house. And thank to jerry for all the tips he said to me.
I certainly recommend people to stay in jerry's...
This was my first experience using the AirBnB platform. I really appreciated the frequent communications with our host, as our schedule was in constant flux. We also really appreciated the flexibility of our hosts around our arrival to their home. The listing description was accurate, the house spotless, and the neighborhood felt very safe. I would recommend to all when they are heading to the Wine Country.
Dear Jerry and Jamie,
Thank you for hosting us at your wonderful house. You went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable and enjoyed our trip.
The winery itinerary was wonderful. Thank you again for all winery suggestion and Limo coordination. (On a separate note the limo charged us a bunch of extra charges we shouldn't have including extra time even though they were late - if anyone asks never recommend them.)
The house is roomy and large enough for us play board games on the floor. The bedrooms were very quiet and comfortable. And of course Jerry's breakfast was delicious.
Thank you for your kindness and hospitality. We are looking forward to staying with you again.
Nan thanks for your kind words! We enjoyed you too! With Limos, I think you get what you pay for. I prefer to set up the limos myself, instead of having the guests choose them, (especially with a coupon), so I know you will have an amazing experience, while I do try to keep everyone's budget in mine.
Jamie and Jerry were a complete delight! They communicate quickly and helped us book a reservation the weekend before our trip! Two of our party had never had a Thanksgiving dinner but Jamie and Jerry welcomed us to join them.
We were very interested in the hot tub that is listed in their Vallejo home and they made sure it was ready for us. we used it EVERY SINGLE NIGHT of our stay!! So relaxing!!
I'm not a dog person (sorry Jerry) but Blizzard was perfectly behaved, doesn't jump or bark or invade your space. He is a great little pup!
Jerry loves to cook and is VERY GOOD! get ready for the best waffles of your life! Breakfast was perfect each morning. They were so respectful and understanding that we are late risers.
They both gave us great advice about which wineries to visit and even gave us some buy one get one free tastings! If you're into coffee ask about the Saturday morning coffee tasting! It was awesome and FREE!!! The location is about a 25 min drive to downtown Napa and close to the highways. Super easy access and on top of a hill so it's got a GREAT view!! You can't find a better place!
This couple seriously goes above and beyond to make the stay perfect. The rooms are decorated and comfortable, there are plenty of bathrooms available. Jamie even welcomes guests to try out the myriad of beauty supplies in the downstairs bathroom. We definitely had a good time in there!
They truly love what they are doing and enjoy pulling out all the stops to make your stay amazing! At the end of your stay they will feel like family. We will definitely be visiting Jamie and Jerry again for our next Wine Country visit!
This host has 135 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Jamie, He'S Jerry
Yes, we DO eat a lot of waffles around here!
We are a modern, married couple in a fun, stable relationship. We both work hard but enjoy skiing, dancing and travel as well. We host parties and dinners regularly. Jerry likes to cook and you might be able to coax him into a delicious dinner to enhance your stay with us. Don't ask Jamie though, or you are likely to have soggy cornflakes!
Jamie comes with a small service dog, named Blizzard. He is randomly friendly (probably not at all random to him!) but don't be offended if he is stand offish. His job is to attend to Jamie.
We prefer to stay in extremely clean homes, as dust doesn't like Jamie, so we keep a very clean house. If you think something needs to be cleaner, tell Jamie, she loves learning new ways to be OCD!
We suggest that you familiarize yourself with the room that interests you, and perhaps the house rules BEFORE you contact us, They are not ALL rules: Think of the Pirate's Parley: they're more like guidelines, lol. We REALLY don't want you to be surprised by anything.
Just a little description of the photos!
1: In line at the set of Dancing with the Stars!
2: The Jelly Belly factory in Fairfield!
3: The Tea Garden at Golden Gate Park!
4: Sailing on the Carquinez Straights at night!
5: In Cinderella's Pumpkin at Children's Wonderland with our oldest grandson peaking over!
6: Blizzard saying it's time for a walk!
7: Our grandson in the Teacup at Children's Wonderland!
8: Jamie on the slide at Children's Wonderland!
9: Our tenth wedding anniversary!
10: Yacht Club, 100th Anniversary of the Titanic Party!
11: Peju Winery!
12: San Diego Zoo with our granddaughter!
13: Last New Year's at a fellow Airbnb host's party!
14: Our wedding!
15: Our honeymoon in Kawaii
16: Jerry thinking big in Las Vegas!
17: Steamboat Springs, Colorado!
Jamie and Jerry