About this listing
Welcome to my humble retreat in Palo Alto! Walking distance to Stanford, Trader Joe's and downtown. This is the cottage unit in the backyard of the property with 1 bedroom studio, 1 bathroom and a desk. Book your next stay on the peninsula here!
** Recently renovated with a brand new bathroom! **
The Amazing Retreat is a cozy studio unit with a full size bed, bathroom with a single sink and standing shower and a desk if you need a place to work!
- Cable TV
- Apple TV
- Mini fridge
- Hair dryer
- Water boiler
- Personal heater
- Personal ironing board
PLEASE NOTE: The electricity can only hold so much before the circuit pops, so please limit your use of appliances to ONE AT A TIME in order to make sure you do not experience an outage. Please contact me ASAP by phone if you experience a power outage.
Please also note that there is no kitchen, washer/dryer or air conditioning.
- Check-in is 5PM or later (no exceptions please!)
- Check-out is 10AM or earlier (no exceptions please!)
Guests will have access to The Amazing Retreat and backyard!
- The main house is also rented on Airbnb under the listing "*Home Away from Home in Palo Alto!*" You may see other guests in the backyard and entering/exiting through the main house during your stay. Rest assured that The Amazing Retreat is 100% yours and no one will be entering your Airbnb!
Interaction with guests
Josh, your host, will NOT be present during your stay. Hopefully all of your questions are answered in this listing, but if there's anything else that needs further clarity, please contact Josh at (.
Enjoy our shared backyard! We also rent the main house, "*Home Away from Home in Palo Alto!*" on Airbnb. You may have an opportunity to meet them if you desire, but know your Airbnb is completely separate.
Palo Alto is a wonderful family friendly neighborhood where you can ride your bicycle or walk to local restaurants and shops. We are walking distance to Stanford University and conveniently located close to Caltrain to take you to North San Francisco or South to San Jose! Our neighborhood is nice and quiet, so please be respectful.
While most guests have been wonderful to host, I have unfortunately had guests who have violated the house rules. If there are any loud parties that disturb the neighbors, I reserve the right to terminate the rental immediately without refund. Thank you for your respect and understanding.
- Our home is a 20-30 minute walk from the Palo Alto Caltrain stop
- This is a family neighborhood, so usually there is plenty of street parking (the only exceptions may be during when our local high school is in session and when there is a home Stanford football game)
- If you want to call a private car, Uber is very popular in Palo Alto
- Use promo code JOSH when you sign up for $20 off your first ride
Other things to note
This is a cozy unit that can comfortably accommodate up to 2 guests.
The Amazing Retreat shares the same property as "*Home Away from Home in Palo Alto!*" which is the main house. If you have more than 2 guests, please check the availability of "*Home Away from Home!*" to see if it is available to accommodate up to 4 more guests on the same property.
Please treat The Amazing Retreat with love and respect and it should return the favor during your stay!
All guests booking the unit must be at least 21 years old (no exceptions).
I do NOT allow:
- Parties / any large social events
- More than 2 people to stay at the house
Thank you for your understanding!
Hello! My name is Josh and I am a math and computer science high school teacher. I grew up on the peninsula, so I know almost everything there is to do! I've traveled all over the world, and look forward to using Airbnb with my wife when we take off on our adventures! Please feel free to ask me any questions about my home. I look forward to hosting you soon!