About this listing
Roomy GARDEN COTTAGE in Natural setting
• Coterelle Breeze is private & tranquil, perfect for your complete relaxation
• Spectacular view & access to the Ocean
• Stretch on a Hammock enjoying a book & a tropical fruit juice
• Great Snorkeling Fun!
• FREE Wi-Fi
** Private Garden Cottage
• 1 Large bedroom, 1 Private bath
• 2 Qn beds
• 1 Chaise lounge sofa
• Free Wi-Fi
• * Optional: Breakfast & other meals available at Reasonably Prices
*** Français: ***
Magnifique Cottage Privé Bord de Mer
• Cottage privé
• 1 Grande chambre, 1 salle de bain indépendante
• 2 Lits doubles
• 1 Chaise longue
• Wi-Fi Gratuit
• Option: Service petit déjeuner et autres repas à prix raisonnables
~~~ 2 Other Coterelle Breeze Listings ~~~
•Ocean Cottage – Ocean Side Rm for 2
•Ocean Cottage - Ocean View Rm for 2
** Relaxing Seaside Court
• Spectacular view & access to the Ocean. Enjoy Cool Breezes & Beautiful Sunsets
• Hammocks in Spacious & Peaceful court for your relaxation
• Large Gazebo by the Ocean; great for get-togethers or enjoying our delicious meals
• Elevated Lounge area facing the Ocean
• Green Garden & off-street parking
• Nature lovers can safely SLEEP OUTDOORS, and be rocked to sleep by the waves
Interaction with Guests
• We gladly arrange Transportation & Guides for your trips
• We arrange boat excursions to explore the nearby coastline (limited floating vests available)
** Quiet & Friendly Neighborhood
• Snorkeling in the reef at Coterelle Breeze (limited equipment available)
• BEACHES: Kabic, Ti Mouillage (5 mins by car); Raymond les Bains (15 mins)
• BASSIN BLEU: renowned and a must do trip!
• PARC NATIONALE LA VISIT: great for hikers, naturalists, and adventurers
• ARTS & CRAFTS STORES: many stores in Jacmel to pick-up the perfect gifts
• Restaurants: several on road bet. Jacmel & Coterelle Breeze
• Boulevard Pétion-Bolivar: new colorful promenade along Jacmel’s seafront; great for strolls & hanging out
• We can arrange for your local excursions
• Our Guidebook with more activities is available on demand & in guest rooms
** Easy Transportation
• Easily get to YOUR vacation hideaway by car or bus
• Inexpensive Taptaps (small vans) run regularly between Jacmel & Coterelle
• Moto taxis are always available for door-to-door service
• We can arrange for Reliable Transportation for your trips
Other Things to Note
** Other Goodies
• Frantz, your host/coordinator, speaks fluent English, French and Creole
• Frantz and small staff will provide you with Professional & Friendly service
• First Aid Kits available
• Snorkeling equipment available
• Our Guidebook for the area is available on demand & in guest rooms
Smoking is NOT permitted Inside the cottages but is allowed throughout the grounds. Please respect non-smokers. Thank you.
Bel endroit au bord de la mer. Tranquille, calme , propre et bien décrit dans la présentation. Le bruit des vagues, le calme. Exactement ce que je cherchais. Bon accueil.
We had thee most amazing time! I mean seriously the photos do not do the place justice, it is the most beautiful view I have ever seen. The staff and service was amazing and I have been recommending this place to everyone! I am looking forward to our next stay.
We had such a great time at the cottage although we were only there for one night. We decided at the very last minute to take the trip to Jacmel and made the reservation on the way there. Djeno was really quick in answering my questions and in no time eveything was booked and they were waiting for us. After quite a ride, we finally made it to the cottage. We were welcomed by a very friendly staff and got settled into our cozy room. The view at Coterelle Breeze is absolutely beautiful! Our room was next to the beach and we got to use the many hammocks they have there. Despite our short stay, we had a really relaxing time there and can't wait to go back. Thanks Djeno and Frantz for making our stay at Coterelle Breeze such a nice experience!
We really enjoyed our stay at Cotorelle Breeze. It's such a beautiful location and Frantz is an excellent host! He was available to answer any questions and even took us out one evening in Jacmel! Cotorelle Breeze is great value, among the other properties in Jacmel.
My experience of booking the hotel was awesome. Although I haven't made it to the place due to my daughter wasn't feeling good. We stayed in port-au-prince. I hope I can book it again maybe next year if god willing. Thanks Harry Louis
What can I say about coterelle, first off, I travelled there alone it was my first time out of the u.s. (pr is a us colony), anyway djeno was able to communicate with me right after I booked and ease any inhibitions I had about traveling to Haiti due to ask the bad press Haiti receives in the U.S. anyway for someone who didn't speak kreyol and was alone,djeno set it up that a guide would meet me at pap. Right everyone was grabbing at me trying to get me in their taxi, our have me carry their bags, my guide bebeto came to my rescue lol, now my zanmi, bebeto got us onto a taptap, what I wanted to do. We ventured to another bus, which took is to jacmel, to a moto, to another taptap to coterelle, while this may seem intimidating it helped me really experience and understand Haiti. The view thru the mountains from pap to jacmel is beautiful and the people even more, my kreyol is not all that, and bebeto didn't speak much English, but we overcame that and understood each other, also helping me improve my kreyol. He didn't everything with me and done of the activities he did were his premye fwa also. Once we got to coterelle Frantz greeted us and have me great advice on activities,I enjoyed the reef and their great Haitian good prepared right there, eating it watching the beautiful Caribbean waves,a couple feet away. Frantz even joined us in seeing bassin bleu, an amazing experience which I did twice. watch out with one guide who got me for an excessive tip,I didn't know there that paying them was optional and you pay them what you want. It is also close to various beautiful beaches if snorkeling is not for you, with beautiful turquoise water, and fresh fish just caught prepared on the beach. The cottage was simple, and it's simplicity have it it's rustic ambience. You have to try The lambi(conch), the rum punch, and the fresh fruit juice. And although I felt sheltered I still felt like I was in Haiti, meaning I want caged up like in a fancy resort. The last day with , with an early afternoon flight, Frantz made sure I made it to my flight on time and took me and my guide back too pap, which was great considering traffic on pap can be crazy ave taptaps aren't speed demons. The only disappointment was that I only stayed 4 days , I'm already looking forward to coming back to Haiti and staying at coterelle breeze with Frantz and his super hospitable staff. Haiti is a beautiful place with beautiful people who do not have the luxuries we have but the people thrive and make due with what they have, it is a unique place with character and pride. The people of Haiti have an undeniable dignity which is only exemplified thru their historical struggle
Our host was extremely warm and welcoming, as were the other guests we met during our stay. My best friend and I stayed here during our trip to Haiti for 4 days. It is truly paradise! This AirBnb is stunning and definitely exceeded our expectations. The staff goes above and beyond--they were truly without comparison. Thank you for the attention to detail! The hammocks were the perfect spot to decompress. We were in HEAVEN. A few of our observations during our stay...
*Franz is the only English speaker on site, and he is not always available. If you're not already aware, come prepared with enough French/Creole and/or Spanish to get by.
*For some reason, I thought I'd be able to get USD from the one local ATM (an hour from this airbnb). Silly me. You can get Haitian dollars, however. All the prices on the menu here are in USD (they are other places also).
*Order food well in advance of when you'd like to eat! It is delicious and well worth the wait! Morning coffee and breakfast was around a 45 min. wait, and other meals took at least a couple hours. In contrast to other restaurants in the area (for comparison's sake), this was a short wait. Be prepared to wait hours for fresh local seafood at local restaurants. We enjoyed some of the best food of our lives in Jacmel. Conch was our favorite! Nothing happens quickly in Haiti. We enjoyed the relaxed lifestyle. What a contrast to the hamster wheel of life in the U.S...This is what we came for!
Thank you for welcoming us to Haiti!
This host has 32 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Djeno
I am an IT professional and instructor who loves the simple things in life, and in contrast, technology. I'm genuinely an easy person to get along with. As a host I am always concerned that my guests are well received and that their needs are met to the best of my abilities.