About This Listing
5 bedroom home on cul de sac- . Ideal for families. Clean, modern beautifully furnished. Perfect for entertaining. Hugh indoor pool ,game room. Large open gathering spaces. spacious first floor master suite.
A tastefully fully furnished 6521 square foot contemporary home in quiet suburban neighborhood close to freeways I-71 and I -75.
The home includes 5 bedrooms and 5 1/2 bathrooms plus game room, exercise room family room, kitchen, living and dining room. The 4 upstairs bedrooms have 2 queen beds and 2 twins plus a crib and the self contained first floor master suite has a king bed (Stearns & Foster mattress) and adjoining study with desk. The first floor master suite ideal for persons with mobility limitations.
First floor master suite has master bath with soaking tub and double shower, double vanity. Sauna off balcony.
Second floor has 4 bedrooms, 3 w/ private bath, including a nursery with crib and changing table, plus a loft study with desk Three os the upstairs bedrooms have desks and each has 2 closets. Home has wifi, Direct TV, garage parking for 3 cars and off- street parking in the driveway. Additional features are deck overlooking woods with a gas grill, family room with 55 inch flat screen, 3 D blue ray player (3 pairs of 3D glasses), stereo system, gourmet/entertaining kitchen (i2 sinks, 2 ovens)- seating for 10, dining room table seats 10 comfortably (table is lacquer so please use table cover provided and tablecloths, living room with bar/drink fridge (piano has been removed since pictures were taken). Lower level has exercise room (eliptical machine and a few weights), game room with pool table , ping pong table, 20 yard pool (mostly all deep water so not appropriate for non-swimmers, ladder but no stairs in- shallowest part is 3.5 feet deep), pace clock, water basketball hoop, duraflex diving board, hot tub ( please cover it when not in use), bathroom off pool area. On part of the lower level is an apartment with private entrance ( not pictured or part of this rental) which I may sometimes stay in when I am in town on business and to provide access and address any on-site issues. Please provide privacy in area past the exercise room as I will do the same in the space you rent. It is a separate living space not pictured here but with separate kitchen etc. Only shared space is laundry room on first floor off garage- the upstairs laundry is yours alone to use.
We are 6 miles to Kings Island, ATP Tennis center, 3 miles to Sharonville convention Center, 15 miles from downtown, walk to UC- Blue Ash campus and Blue Ash public golf course. Close to Kenwood town center and tri-county and monroeville outlets for shopping.
Also since Cincinnati has no reasonable public transit options and this is a residential neighborhood you will need a car for most things.
Please provide information re: yourself to assure this is a good fit for you and me, Pool has no end that is shallow enough for a non swimming child (minimum depth is 4 ft and no stairs, just a ladder into the deep end.
everything pictured here
Interaction with Guests
Just at check-in and check out, unless requested otherwise. Laundry areas are both in your space so I need to use first floor laundry but can do so according to your schedule at times you are away.
Quiet residential neighborhood. Home on a cul de sac. Safe convenient area. Homeowners association has tennis courts and an outdoor pool. Guests who want to use these must agree to read and abide by the neighborhood by-laws for use of common facilities.
car is needed to get around.
no smoking. no underage drinking, no alcohol in pool area, replace pool cover when not is use, no pets, only registered guests allowed unless prior arrangements have been made. This is not a 'party house' but is suitable for family reunions and out of town guests attending weddings but no events with loud music and/or outside guests are permitted
From Jun 1 - Aug 31, 2015 the minimum stay is 5 nights.
This was my first experience with this host, and it has been a very frustrating and disappointing one. Upon our arrival we were surprised to find the pool did not match the photos in the listing. The pool cover and the sides of the pool had large patches of algae. Most of the equipment in the workout room was missing. If I saw photos of the pool and house that showed its actual condition I definitely would not have made a reservation to stay. I have provided photos to Airbnb showing the actual condition of the pool and house. The pool was not maintained. I made a request to have the pool serviced. However, the algae were not removed and the pool chemistry was not balanced. The Jacuzzi hot tub was used one time and then was later found not to hold water due to a leak. Ms. Dutch insists it was my fault and demanded that I pay for damages to the hot tub by placing a hold of $800 on my deposit. I did not damage the hot tub and refuse to pay anything. I became suspicious of this whole situation and so after our departure I called her pool company. They checked their records and informed me that the last time a water sample was brought in was 15 weeks prior to our arrival! I realized that she misled me on its care and condition. She told me several times prior to booking that the pool was clean and maintained; tested at her pool company on a regular basis. I submitted a request for a partial refund of 1/3 of my payment. I was deprived of the use of the pool, hot tub, and exercise equipment.
The following issues inconvenienced our stay a great deal and added to our negative experience. The promised third garage door remote (the only means to secure the house) was given to us three days late and only after multiple requests. The ping pong table was placed without adequate room to play. The paddles and net were in sad shape. In the bedrooms there was no room for our personal belongings. No attempts were made to provide adequate space for our personal items. The front porch could not be seen for all the leaves. The rubber gasket was missing from one of the sink garbage disposals. The refrigerator was filled with leftovers. When we inquired about the leftovers we were told to take care of it ourselves. Several of the chairs were in poor condition and unsafe to use. We had to oil several doors (including the front door) to stop them from squeaking loudly.
After a week of communications with Airbnb regarding our stay, our request for a partial refund was granted. Airbnb has informed us that Ms. Dutch’s request for $800 was forwarded to the Airbnb Trust and Safety department. We plan to fight this claim as we did not misuse or damage the Jacuzzi hot tub.
I am compelled to respond to the various incorrect assertions made on this review. Jim’s request for a partial refund occurred only after I asked airbnb to deduct the cost of the hot tub repair from Jim’s security deposit, which upon receiving documentation was determined by the Trust and Safety department to have been caused by Jim or one of his guests’ actions. I also provide the report from Mid-States Pool, a professional pool service, who was on premises at Jim’s insistence to check and then treat the pool as needed which shows that the pool was not, as Jim asserts, unmaintained.
• There has never been a problem with the hot tub holding water or even leaking before or at the beginning of Jim’s stay. All was fine as even as Jim states with the hot tub upon his arrival as he and his wife used it without issue.
• In the last 6 months a new computerized control heater was put in to simplify guests operation of the hot tub and the old control panel Jim refers to cleaning is inoperative and the pool technician found a pipe to the hot tub that is below that panel dislodged, causing the leak.
• The technician from Mid-States Pool believes Jim or one of his guests attempts to clean or operate the disconnected controls are the only way the pipe could have been dislodged with such force as to strip the fittings.
•Since no one else was in the house I could only go by what the pool people said was the cause - which could not be normal wear and tear.
• Regarding the pool not being maintained, guests who were there immediately before Jim used the pool without problem.
• Because I was out of the country during his stay, as I told Jim I would be, I could not myself examine the pool immediately before his stay so had Eric, who cares for the pool and house in my absence, come to see what needed to be done while showing Jim around.
• I told Jim where test strips were as well as the location in the garage of all chemicals to be added because chlorine levels vary with use and he claimed they owned pools and knew their care. I was not originally told there would be children during the stay and after accepting the reservation was informed there would be young children there. The shallowest part of the pool is 3 ½ feet as my preference is not to have very young children in the pool as that also affects the need to add chlorine.
• When Jim questioned Eric about the test strips and the pool cleanliness I told him he could have the water tested at Leslie’s Pool’s where I take my water when I am unsure of the test strip readings but he said he called them and they did not answer the phone. This is the same company he reached after his stay. I last had the water tested by them in September as Jim notes and since then I managed chemical levels with test strips to the safe use of other guests before him up to my departure 10 days before his arrival.
• The first notice I had of any issue Jim had with the pool was on December 30th, 3 days after his arrival and I called and had a professional pool company send an experienced technician at Jim’s ‘request’ or demand to test, certify, and treat the pool as needed. They came on December 31st even though it was New Years Eve day. I am sorry Jim did not feel the pool met his standards despite a professional pool service coming to test it and saying it was safe to swim in. I have not had such issues before with other guests.
• The pool professional, Brian, of Mid-States Pool has 13 years experience managing pools and he said both the guest, James and the person taking care of my home in my absence, Eric, were there so each should have heard the same things. Below is his complete report of his findings:
Pool- I arrived at the home and immediately tested the water chemistry. The pH and alkalinity were both in great shape while the chlorine was low, but not depleted. It was still safe to swim in and I explained this to the tenant. He expressed concern that there was algae in the pool as well. While Jim was still there, I brushed the pool and showed him that the vast majority of what he saw at the bottom was in fact dead algae and did not indicate an unsafe swimming condition. Standard treatment procedures involve allowing an hour of circulation prior to swimming to ensure full diffusion of the granulated shock that was added. Jim stated that he and his family were going to be leaving the residence and not returning until the evening. I informed him that the pool will certainly be ready when they returned. Since he was going to be gone longer, I added a little more shock to be on the cautious side for him. I reiterated that he would be able to swim within two hours but that everything was still safe.
As I was getting ready to leave the residence, Jim asked if I could test the spa. We opened the cover and discovered that the spa was half empty. Jim said that he and his wife had used the spa while his kid was in the pool just a few days prior and there was no problem. He expressed concern over a black spot he had seen in the corner panel and said he thought it was black algae. I explained that it was definitely not black algae that he had cleaned out, that it would be in the pool or the main body of the spa before it was in a shallow side panel. I went into the crawl space and discovered that one of the pipes was disconnected from the fitting. The only way that I can explain this occurring from above is by turning the entire valve that is directly connected from the top (or someone actually crawling underneath and pulling the pipe down, which I highly doubt). Upon returning on 1/12/15, I saw some of the sealant broken away and pieces sitting in the panel. In my expert opinion, one of the tenants turned the entire fitting instead of the handle that is designed to turn, breaking the plumbing loose underneath. This was in the same panel that Jim indicated he cleaned “black algae.”
• As to Jim’s assertion that had he seen the place before he would not have rented it, he asked to have his brother in law who lives in town come to see it and I agreed giving him 5 days when I would be there to show him around. He agreed and then never scheduled.
• He also requested a discount, which I explained I could not do; it appears his various complaints (addressed below) did eventually get airbnb to grant him the discount he sought.
• Regarding Jim’s disappointment of equipment in the exercise room I looked at my written description of the place so I could modify it if it was misleading and saw it clearly describes the exercise room as having an elliptical and free weights, which it does. The pictures taken by airbnb were from 2011 when I first listed and some things were removed when I got divorced and I updated all that in the written descriptions.
•As for having no space in closets Jim does not seem to understand this is a private residence not a barren vacation home with empty closets. Since I am focused on monthly or long term rentals only I make plenty of room in the closets and drawers for guests stays - in every room there were at least 2 deep emptied drawers in dressers, multiple empty shelves in closets as well as plenty of hanging space- both full length and short and plenty of hangers to accommodate guests with even multiple month stays. I cannot imagine how personal items for the duration of their stay could not fit.
• Regarding the refrigerator, I had long term guests move out to accommodate Jim’s stay and with my approval they left a few non- perishable things, because there are 2 full size refrigerators (one a subzero size) in addition to a bar size drink refrigerator and plenty of pantry space. Even guests I have had hosting large gatherings have not had issue with fitting their food in the space allotted.
• There are no broken or unsafe chairs in the home, though again this is not a child proofed home. The dining room chairs he complained about cost over 4400 each and are designed to allow removal of the back panels so upholstery can be changed or cleaned. They are neither broken nor dangerous but not meant for kids to play on or fidget with.
• Ping pong table placement allows normal play, no other guest had such problems. Jim actually moved it, it has wheels so this is not a big deal for 2 people to do, but did not return it to its original place despite my house manual asking guests who move things to return them to their original position.
• The tenant in the lower level apartment who I asked to move out for Jim’s added privacy left his remote garage opener in a place that was hard to find until I reached him but since it was the 3rd one and Jim had 2 it did not seem highly inconvenient. nor worthy of complaint.
• Ping pong paddles, rubber gaskets, and leaves falling are normal things one expects can occur as normal wear and tear or use.
This has been the most problematic rental I have ever had. Based on this being his first airbnb experience and his issues I think Jim does not recognize this is my home on temporary loan for his use. Examples of this misunderstanding include him asking to move my washer and dryer to the basement when I already have one set on the main level and a second upstairs- fortunately he asked and of course Eric told him this was unreasonable. He also asked about doing something to the surround sound wiring that has speakers throughout the home which I disconnected since he is an electrician. Despite this I tried to resolve everything I was advised of yet complaints continued, it became clear there was no satisfying him.
I started renting to share my home and allow others to enjoy family time in a space my family and I have enjoyed. For the most part guests have enjoyed the features and taken care of my home as their own but not viewed it as permanently theirs. I am sorry this was not the case this time.
Huge house with lots of room to spare. Definitely a go to place if you have a large party coming to stay. The caretaker was also very responsive. There were some appliances which did not work but overall the stay was enjoyable. The pool was huge!
The house accommodated our large family of 7 for Christmas. It was overall a great stay. We were able to eat every meal seated at the same table and lounge comfortably as a family together in the family room. The game room off the pool in the basement has a fun pool table & ping pong. The master suite is great. The 4 bedrooms upstairs worked well for the rest of the family, although the mattresses were said to be a little soft. Very fun house! Suzette & the caretaker were responsive and helpful to our needs.
We loved staying in this house!! Beautiful from head to toe. The pool, game room, and deck for grilling out was an absolute blast. Suzette was very kind and accomodating! We were able to rent out the entire house, which allowed us enough room for all of the guys to have a comfortable place to sleep.
We spent many months searching for the "perfect" venue for our 3-day family get-together, and visited at least five houses. Suzette's house was the last place we visited and when we did, we knew we need look no further. Suzette's house is incredible! It is spacious, tastefully decorated, and extremely comfortable. The bedrooms are more than adequate and Suzette provides everything anyone could need -- even toys for little ones to play with! The house has WI-fi, Direct TV, anything you could ever need in her well-equipped kitchen -- and then there's the pool, hot tub, and sauna, game room, exercise room -- and she even has cupboards FULL of board games! We enjoyed them all! I cannot emphasize enough how welcome Suzette made us feel. Her communication with us before and during our 3-day stay was superb, and the on-premises caretakers were accessible and extremely helpful!! If you are looking to host an event, please, please, please consider staying in this luxurious, family-friendly home! Suzette is delightful and wonderful to talk with!
My nephew raved about how she was so nice to take the time to talk with his wife about Suzette's son's trip to Japan! Oh, and I need to mention how close to everything Suzette's house is! It's convenient to King's Island, downtown Cincinnati, as well as the northern suburbs of Cincinnati! In fact, it's central location makes it convenient to anywhere in the tri-state region. Thank you, Suzette, for making available your beautiful home to people who need to have one place for family to enjoy each other for a few days!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
It was m pleasure to host your wonderful family and is the reason I joined aitbnb. Having built and designed the house for my own family to enjoy time together and now being an empty nester who must travel to be with family its nice to see my home used by people who treat it as their own and appreciate spending time together. I wish your family many times to enjoy each other's company. Your delightful family is welcome back any time.
This host has 30 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Suzette
I grew up in Philly but moved to Cincinnati for work and family reasons. Professionally I am co-founder and managing partner of Triathlon Medical Ventures, a venture capital firm focused on life science companies. I also have taught in MBA programs and entrepreneurship programs. On a personal note I am close with each of my 3 exciting grown children - 2 sons in NY and a daughter in Somerville MA. I am a life long learner. My career enables me to do so in the fields of medicine and science and my children provide learning opportunities by sharing their own very disparate interests. I enjoy meeting a wide variety of new people as it adds to my already eclectic interests - which include both engaging in and appreciation of all forms of creative pursuits - art, poetry, theatre as well as gastronomic adventures. Physically I was a competitive swimmer from age 7 through college and beyond, competed in and coached diving as well but now enjoy biking and volleyball. I play bridge and like any card game, board games. I have travelled extensively (all continents except Antarctica) for pleasure mostly and choose to live as locals do rather than live like a tourist. I am rather easy going about things,; other than smokers I can live alongside most without issue. I speak Hungarian fluently (it was my first language), and can understand French when spoken very slowly (i studied it in high school for 4 years- so was once proficient but that is now so many years ago).
one of top 50 public golf courses in US
closest grocery store
walking trails, playgrounds,a lake with paddle boats, picnic areas.
Nordstrom, Macy's ,Crate & Barrel, and over 160 stores in a pleasant suburban mall
shark feeding and great exhibits, restaurants nearby at newport on the levee
Site of ATP world tour- see the top men and women tennis players in the world - 2012 schedule now available- August 11- 19th
includes a water park and fabulous coasters for older kids and an area for very young kids plus entertaining shows