My apartment is at any travellers needs:
-basic kitchen where you can cook meals
- internet wifi
- bedroom with living room character
- vicinity to typical Romanian market, supermarkets
- 10 mins ride to old city of Brasov
If you are searching for a basic, but confy place to hang around during your visit to Brasov and surroundings, this might be your choise!
The apartment has been recently renovated and includes a clean, almost new kitchen with all the basic equpment you need (pots, pans, plates, glasses, knife etc), a fridge and cooking plates, a place to eat and necessary pots to cook.
The bedroom or sleeping room is spacious and shiny with a big window towards the balcony from which you can also see Brasov's mountain Tampa when looking over the houses around. It has also a desk inside for people who might want to work during their stay.
The bathroom has a shower, and the entry room leaves enough space for deposit in case you come with your skis or other equipment.
Brasov is a wonderful city both in winter and in summer, we would very much like to welcome you here.
p.s. Messaging in English, German, French or Romanian possible, no problem.:)
Interaction with Guests
My parents would be glad to welcome you at our place, they have been themselves travelling quite a lot around Europe so they are very open minded, understanding persons. As their English is not very good, I am probabily the better person to ask for information. Once you got to the apartment, I prepared some information for you to make you accomodate faster to the ne house and city.:)
- typical Romanian market just close-by
- short ride to city center and surroundings
Brasov has a very good bus system, you can travel everywhere around. The bus station is only ca 100 m away around the corner, making the access to the city center very unproblematic. You can also rent bikes to bike around the city or take a tour by foot.
There is no private parking lot, so people who come by car unfortunately have to take care on the parking on their own.
Other Things to Note
- the apartment is on the fourth floor with no elevator
- no smoking inside
We booked Cristina's apartment for 3 nights and I must say it was a very nice place to stay. The communication with Cristina was very efficient and her mother was very nice and accommodating.
The apartment is like in its description - very comfortable and clean. The kitchen has basic equipment, but we found all we need to cook breakfast and dinner.
The apartment is on the fourth floor and there is no elevator, but we had no problem with that.
The neighborhood is very peaceful and we had no problem finding a parking lot. There are many supermarkets and shops nearby and even a market just a few streets away.
For those who are looking for a cheap, clean and nice place to stay while exploring Brasov, we recommend Cristina's apartment.
- Good and efficient communication with Cristina.
- A comfortable bed and a desk in the room; good location for public transport (2 buses to the city center, one to the railway station, all from the bus stop a little way around the corner)
- Market, supermarket and an Italian restaurant within walking distance.
- Creative solution to provide a "desk lamp" (but since there was no shade it would shine directly into my eyes); the ceiling light turned out to have diffuse enough light not to cast a shadow.
- The apartment is on the 4th floor, requiring 64 steps to climb, there's no elevator. This is higher than my own apartment, and turned out to be a problem for me; I may not have booked had this been mentioned in the description.
- Earlier reviews mentioned some other problems that have been only very partially addressed (I'll give details in private feeback); there's a problem with hot water as well.
On the whole:
In spite of the good points there were too many negatives and just lacking equipment that I was not very comfortable here; I was glad I was there for only 2 nights
To be honest we were unhappy with the stay overall. There were some things we expect in any paid stay that simply weren't there, especially given the description:
- Crissy seemed perfectly fine, we chatted over email and she seems very nice. But her Mom who showed us into the flat was unfriendly and seemed uninterested in helping at all, other than saying "here are the keys, bye"
- The "fully equipped" kitchen only had a couple of pots, silverware, and some plates. No frying pan, oven didn't work, no cooking utensils, etc. made it impossible for us to cook our own meals so we had to eat out for dinner and breakfast, which wasn't what we wanted to do. Also there was an electric kettle but no instant coffee, and ground coffee but no coffee machine.
- Washing machine but no place to hang the clothes to dry
- We couldn't turn on the heat so it was cold all night
- No internet / wifi
- No map or help on where we were or where we could go, what's around, etc. In addition to the lack of internet, we had to walk around aimlessly to find a bar with wifi to figure out where we could go, wasting a couple extra hours of our limited time in Brasov.
- No information on parking - we saw resident parking available but didn't know if we could park there so we had to pay for parking down the street near Billa and get up at 7:30am to go put more money in the meter. We asked her Mom but she just shrugged her shoulders.
I don't think Crissy meant to deceive or anything like that, but for the same price, we could have gotten a private room in a hostel, closer to center, and including all of the things that were missing from the flat.
The apartment was basic, but adequate, as well as being clean and comfortable. With shops nearby and a ten-minute bus ride into the centre of town, it serves as a good point for exploring the city for a few days.
Cristina's apartment was a great little place just outside the center of Braşov. Cristina and her family were all very helpful and accommodating. Her mother even made us cinnamon rolls and gave us apples!
The kitchen is small but has everything you could want to make a meal. The bed is a futon but a very comfy one at that. For anyone looking for a cheap place to stay in a great Romanian city, this is the place to rent!
I am Cristina from Romania, currently doing my PhD at ETHZ in Zurich. My home town Brasov is one of the nicest places to go back for me. I would be very happy to welcome here travellers from all around the world.