About This Listing
Stay in a BEAUTIFUL DESIGNER Midtown Jr. 1-Bedroom with all new furnishings right IN THE HEART OF MANHATTAN!
Note: this is NOT a 1bedroom with a door. This is a Jr. 1-Bedroom with a separate sleeping area that is separated by a wall
************************ THE LOCATION ************************
The apartment is well-situated and very CENTRALLY LOCATED in Midtown/Upper East Side and is WALKING DISTANCE TO CENTRAL PARK, incredible FIFTH AVENUE shopping including all the major flagship stores (Abercrombie and Fitch, Lacoste, Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Saks Fifth Avenue, Bloomingdales, Prada plus so many more), ROCKEFELLER CENTER, RADIO CITY Music Hall, MOMA, PARK AVENUE, Madison Avenue, TIMES SQUARE and the BROADWAY Theaters District!
There are an ENDLESS NUMBER OF RESTAURANTS and bars within 1-2 blocks and the SUBWAY IS ONLY HALF A BLOCK AWAY with access to the E, M and 6 trains which are main lines and can take you anywhere in Manhattan within minutes. There’s also a great Food Emporium GROCERY STORE, Equinox GYM and a 24HR DUANE READE (pharmacy/grocery store) right around the corner!
- 5-15 min WALKING DISTANCE TO CENTRAL PARK, FIFTH AVE shopping, ROCKEFELLER CENTER, RADIO CITY Music Hall, MOMA, PARK AVE, Madison Avenue, TIMES SQUARE and BROADWAY THEATERS
- All other major NYC attractions are just a short cab or Subway ride away
- SUBWAY ONLY HALF A BLOCK AWAY (E, M and 6 trains)
- VERY CENTRALLY LOCATED--WALK TO EVERYTHING!
- GREAT RESTAURANTS AND BARS RIGHT ON THE BLOCK and many more within 1-2 blocks
- Equinox GYM, 24HR DUANE READE (pharmacy/grocery store) and a Food Emporium (GOURMET GROCERY STORE) around the corner
*********************** THE APARTMENT ***********************
Being centrally located doesn’t mean that you have to compromise on comfort or space—The apartment is TASTEFULLY DECORATED with MODERN HIGH-END FURNISHINGS and is very QUIET and comfortable with little added touches to make your stay more enjoyable, like a 32" FLAT SCREEN TV, LUXURIOUS LINENS, plush towels and a FULLY STOCKED KITCHEN with a refrigerator, oven range, microwave-oven, toaster and coffee maker. There’s also an IPHONE/IPOD DOCKING MUSIC/SPEAKER SYSTEM with alarm clock, a blow dryer, an iron/ironing board, FULL CABLE TV AND WIFI. Everything has been thought out in full detail to ensure an enjoyable stay!
All items in the apartment are brand-new which includes a super comfy QUEEN SIZE BED in the sleeping area/bedroom AND a LARGE FOLD-DOWN SLEEPER SOFA in the living room with ADDITIONAL BEDDING provided to suit your sleeping needs. There's also a DINNING TABLE FOR THREE and a desk, should you need to get some work done while staying at the apartment.
- Classic and charming New York prewar apartment—LIVE LIKE REAL NEW YORKERS!
- SUNNY and VERY QUIET
- Tastefully decorated with HIGH-END FURNISHINGS (everything is brand-new)
- SEPARATE SLEEPING AREA/BEDROOM with a BRAND-NEW COMFORTABLE QUEEN BED AND a FULL SOFABED in living room with additional bedding
- FULLY EQUIPPED KITCHEN, bathroom with toiletries and standup shower, LUXURIOUS LINENS AND TOWELS, 32” flatscreen TV, iPod/iPhone docking music station with alarm, blow dryer, iron/ironing board
- Two large closets with organizers
- FREE WIFI and FULL CABLE TV
The rules here are simple:
1) No smoking whatsoever in the apartment or the building as a whole
2) Please do not leave lights/tv/aircon on when you are not in the apartment
3) Respect the neighbors...this is their home, so please keep noise to a minimum
4) Have fun and enjoy this great city!
We didn't meet Kyle -- which was fine because he gave us all the information necessary. The apartment was adequate for a one-night stay, but the bathroom was not true to photos (peeling paint on the walls, clogged shower with a lot of hair, mold). The area was ok -- we preferred lower parts of the city but the metro was right around the corner so it was convenient. Overall, this place was ok. Not a place we'd come back to, but just fine for a one-night stay.
I'm very sorry to hear about the problems with the bathroom, Dylan. No one else has mentioned such issues. I wish you would have told me this while you were staying and I could have had it taken care of for you. If you have any photos or more detail you could give me, I would appreciate it if you could forward them over to me so I can make sure whatever issues you had are solved for the next guests.
Kyle was very prompt to respond to all communication and he helped us with things like how to organise a taxi- we discovered Uber- fantastic in New York! He has a black folder in the apartment that is really helpful with all the services in the area. He contacted us along the way to see that everything was going well, which was nice. The apartment is as expected in his photos, perhaps a little darker and needing a little maintenance- but this didn't affect our stay
I had to stay in NY an extra couple of days and Kyle's place was great. It's midtown so it's noisy but that is to be expected. Kyle was very easy to get a hold of.
I love this apartment and I felt like a real New Yorker. It was close to everything like Times Square and Central Park but not being with all of the tourist. There are so many restaurants around you so you don't have to worry food. Everything was as described by Kyle. The apartment was clean and the bed was comfortable. I really enjoyed my time there and when I come back I would love to stay there again.
This host has 142 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Kyle
I'm a mid-30's Texan living in New York City. I live for 3 things: Music, Food & Travel! I'm constantly trying new food and seeing live music at home, but I get out of town as much as possible to explore the same things in new and interesting places!