About this listing
Beautifully restored and equipped 18th century mill in the heart of Drome Provencale for relaxing holidays with family and friends , ideally located in a quiet residential area close to the old town of Saint-Paul and all amenities.
Back in the 18th century, the Moulin de Bellevue (the “Beautiful Views Mill”) was one of the largest water mill of the region. For those seeking comfort, character and style, it is now a beautifully renovated Provencal guest house in the heart of Drome Provencale.
The mill offers everything you need for perfect holidays with family and friends:
The entire mill section across two floors over a 150 sqm surface to accommodate up to 10 people comfortably
The ground floor is a large open plan kitchen with double sink and large work surface area. The kitchen is fully equipped with modern equipment including oven, stoves, fridge and freezer, dishwasher, coffee machine, washing machine, cutlery and linen.
A large open entertainment area including a welcoming wooden dining table and living room with wooden floor throughout, original beams and stone walls.
The first floor includes four bedrooms (three with double beds, one with two single bunk-beds, plus two mattresses if required).
Two bathrooms, including one en-suite bathroom with shower, double sinks and toilets, and one family bathroom with bath tube, and two separate toilets. Bath towels are provided for all the guests.
The accommodation is equipped with TV, hifi and wi-fi internet access throughout
The mill has a very enviable south facing sun-drenched garden so you get the sun all day, which makes it great for children or long lunches with friends and family. Your will have your private access to the mill, parking space and outdoor equipment, including outdoor furniture, umbrella and barbecue.
Interaction with guests
Our family, who speaks French and English, live the house right next door to the mill. We will be delighted to welcome you the day of your arrival, show you the property, give you the keys and make sure that you have everything you need to enjoy your stay. We'll be happy to help you shape your itinerary, and give you a few tips and advices on good adresses to discover the region, if you wish to. We are also available in case of help or emergency. Your privacy and quietness during your stay is paramount to us. We expect the same in return.
The mill is situated in a residential area of Saint-Paul-Trois-Chateaux, which makes it a very quiet and peaceful place where you will not be bothered by the noise of cars. But it is also within walking distance of all the old town’s activities and amenities such as:
A great selection of Provencal cafes and restaurants terraces in the old town for different tastes and budgets, such as pizzeria, provencal bistros and gastronomic restaurants.
However, weekly food markets provide such excellent produce you might prefer to use the well equipped kitchen and eat on the terrace during the summer. The market is a perfect opportunity to discover local specialities (fruits, vegetables, olive oil, cheese) and meet local producers.
Bakeries, convenience stores, news agencies, supermarkets and wine stores
Cinema, concert hall, sport equipment, bowling and bars
- If required, banks, post office, pharmacies, gas station, and GPs
The Drôme Provençale region is located between the south of the Rhone Valley and the north of Provence, which makes it the perfect base to explore the wonders of Drome, the Provence and the Ardeche region:
- The beautiful nature with fields of lavender and sunflowers, olives, apricots and truffle oaks.
The gorges of the Ardèche river, the hills, rivers, forests and mountains offer unforgettable excursion possibilities – hiking, biking, horseback riding, or kayaking.
- A rich cultural heritage: numerous perched stone villages, châteaux and Roman churches, such as Grignan, Montbrun or la Garde Adhemar
- An extensive artistic life with concerts, art exhibitions and numerous festivals - Mozart in Saou, jazz in Crest, choral festival in Orange and Vaison-la- Romaine, theater in Avignon and the literary correspondance festival in Grignan.
- The numerous provençal markets, handicrafts, brocantes and antiques such as Nyons, L’Isle sur Sorgue, Uzes.
- The traditional, pavement café bars and winding streets with interesting shops and restaurants ranging from country inns to gastronomic restaurants to discover Provencal gastronomy.
- For wine amateurs, a wine tour in the Grignan-les-Adhemar, Crozes-Hermitage, Gigondas and Vacqueyras famous wineries
- The vibrant cities and shops of Montelimar (25 mn drive), Avignon (40mn), Nimes (50 min), Marseille (1h20)
The riviera beaches such as the Saintes-Marie-de-la-Mer or Cassis with its calanques, next to Marseille (1h30 drive).
It is advised to guests to have their own car to access the mill from one of the following:
- A7 motorway (10km, 10 mn driving)
- Avignon Airport (67 kms, 45mn driving)
- Lyon St Exupery Airport (170kms, 2 hours driving)
- Marseille Marignanne airport (180km, 2 hours driving)
- Montelimar Rail station (30 km, 30 mn driving)
- Valence Chabeuil TGV station (90 km, 60mn driving)
- Avignon TGV station (60 km, 45mn driving)
If you plan to come from Paris, we highly recommend to take a train/TGV to Valence TGV or Avignon TGV then to hire a car and drive to the mill.
Other things to note
- Please note that we offer weekly and monthly price for extended stays. Feel free to contact us for more information.
- Pets are allowed under certain conditions. Please contact us if you wish to bring pets.
- Smokers are welcome (but smoking only outside)
- We provide you with linen and bath towels for free. We can also provide you with bed sheets, but it will involve an additional fees (10 euros per sheet for laundry fees). Please let us know in advance if you require them.
- We will do our best to ensure that you have the best experience during your stay.In return, we will ask you to read through and comply to the house rules on display in the mill at your arrival.
- We are pleased that our guests can enjoy a great time with friends and family, but this is not a party house. Music must be switched off and noise kept to the minimum after 11 pm in respect for the neighbours.
- Pets are allowed under certain conditions. Please contact us.
- The mill can accomodate up to 10 people. Please contact us if you are a group of more than 10 people, as conditions and additional fees apply.
- We provide you with linen and bath towels for free. We can also provide you with bed sheets, but it will involve an additional fees (4 euros per single bed / 8 euros per double bed). Please let us know in advance if you require them.
- The cleaning fees are mandatory.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
I'm a French/Australian professional, originally from the south of France, where we would be very pleased to have you in our place. My sister and brother in law are true Saint-Paul-Ttois-Chateaux locals and live next door to the mill, so they will welcome you therel. Looking forward to hearing from you!