About This Listing
Beautifully restored 18th century mill in the heart of Drome Provencale for relaxing family or friends holidays, ideally situated in a quiet area close to all amenities. It is fully equipped and furnished to comfortably accommodate up to 10 people.
Back in the 18th century, the Moulin de Bellevue (the “Beautiful Views Mill”) was one of the largest water mill of the region. For those seeking comfort, character and style, it is now a beautifully renovated Provencal guest house in the heart of Drome Provencale.
The mill offers everything you need for perfect holidays with family and friends:
The entire mill section across two floors over a 150 sqm surface to accommodate up to 10 people comfortably
The ground floor is a large open plan kitchen with double sink and large work surface area. The kitchen is fully equipped with modern equipment including oven, stoves, fridge and freezer, dishwasher, coffee machine, washing machine, cutlery and linen.
A large open entertainment area including a welcoming wooden dining table and living room with wooden floor throughout, original beams and stone walls.
The first floor includes four bedrooms (three with double beds, one with two single bunk-beds, plus two mattresses if required).
Two bathrooms, including one en-suite bathroom with shower, double sinks and toilets, and one family bathroom with bath tube, and two separate toilets. Bath towels are provided for all the guests.
The accommodation is equipped with TV, hifi and wi-fi internet access throughout
The mill has a very enviable south facing sun-drenched garden so you get the sun all day, which makes it great for children or long lunches with friends and family. Your will have your private access to the mill, parking space and outdoor equipment, including outdoor furniture, umbrella and barbecue.
Interaction with Guests
Our family, who speaks French and English, live the house next door to the mill. We will be delighted to welcome you the day of your arrival, show you the property, give you the keys and make sure that you have everything you need to enjoy your stay. We'll be happy to help you shape your itinerary, and give you a few tips and advices on good adresses to discover the region, if you wish to. We are also available in case of help or emergency. Your privacy and quietness during your stay is paramount to us.
The mill is very conveniently situated in a residential area of Saint-Paul-Trois-Chateaux, which makes it a very quiet and peaceful place where you will not be bothered by the noise of cars. But it is also within walking distance of all the old town’s activities and amenities such as:
A great selection of Provencal cafes and restaurants terraces in the old town for different tastes and budgets, such as pizzeria, provencal bistros and gastronomic restaurants.
However, weekly food markets provide such excellent produce you might prefer to use the well equipped kitchen and eat on the terrace during the summer. The market is a perfect opportunity to discover local specialities (fruits, vegetables, olive oil, cheese) and meet local producers.
Bakeries, convenience stores, news agencies, supermarkets and wine stores
Cinema, concert hall, sport equipment, bowling and bars
- If required, banks, post office, pharmacies, gas station, and GPs
The Drôme Provençale region is located between the south of the Rhone Valley and the north of Provence, which makes it the perfect base to explore the wonders of Drome, the Provence and the Ardeche region:
- The beautiful nature with fields of lavender and sunflowers, olives, apricots and truffle oaks.
The gorges of the Ardèche river, the hills, rivers, forests and mountains offer unforgettable excursion possibilities – hiking, biking, horseback riding, or kayaking.
- A rich cultural heritage: numerous perched stone villages, châteaux and Roman churches, such as Grignan, Montbrun or la Garde Adhemar
- An extensive artistic life with concerts, art exhibitions and numerous festivals - Mozart in Saou, jazz in Crest, choral festival in Orange and Vaison-la- Romaine, theater in Avignon and the literary correspondance festival in Grignan.
- The numerous provençal markets, handicrafts, brocantes and antiques such as Nyons, L’Isle sur Sorgue, Uzes.
- The traditional, pavement café bars and winding streets with interesting shops and restaurants ranging from country inns to gastronomic restaurants to discover Provencal gastronomy.
- For wine amateurs, a wine tour in the Grignan-les-Adhemar, Crozes-Hermitage, Gigondas and Vacqueyras famous wineries
- The vibrant cities and shops of Montelimar (25 mn drive), Avignon (40mn), Nimes (50 min), Marseille (1h20)
The riviera beaches such as the Saintes-Marie-de-la-Mer or Cassis with its calanques, next to Marseille (1h30 drive).
It is advised to guests to have their own car to access the mill from one of the following:
- A7 motorway (10km, 10 mn driving)
- Avignon Airport (67 kms, 45mn driving)
- Lyon St Exupery Airport (170kms, 2 hours driving)
- Marseille Marignanne airport (180km, 2 hours driving)
- Montelimar Rail station (30 km, 30 mn driving)
- Valence Chabeuil TGV station (90 km, 60mn driving)
- Avignon TGV station (60 km, 45mn driving)
If you plan to come from Paris, we highly recommend to take a train/TGV to Valence TGV or Avignon TGV then to hire a car and drive to the mill.
Other Things to Note
- Please note that we offer weekly and monthly price for extended stays. Feel free to contact us for more information.
- Pets are allowed under certain conditions
- Smokers are welcome (but smoking only outside)
- We provide you with linen and bath towels for free. We can also provide you with bed sheets, but it will involve an additional fees (4 euros per single bed / 8 euros per double bed). Please let us know in advance if you require them.
We will do our best to ensure that you have the best experience during your stay.
In return, we will ask you to read through and comply to the house rules on display in the mill at your arrival. Pets are allowed under certain conditions.
The mill can comfortably accomodate up to 10 people. Please contact us if you are a group of more than 10 people, as conditions and supplement apply.
This was a very nice property in a nice town and region. The owner is absentee, so his brother-in-law is managing things. He is very nice and helpful. The property is in good order and he even directed us to a good place to have our evening meal. We had a nice experience, even if we did not spend much time there. Only complaint: it doesn't seem fair to charge for bed sheets since the price is not low to begin with. Just provide an all-inclusive experience.
Nous avons passé un très bon WE entre amis. Les propriétaires nous ont très bien accueillis et étaient présents pour répondre à nos besoins. Le gîte est conforme aux descriptions.
Ils nous ont même permis de repartir exceptionnellement en début d'après-midi, ce qui nous a permis de profiter pleinement de notre dimanche !
Les enfants ont adoré jouer dans le jardin !
Merci & à bientôt.
Logement Très propre, confortable et calme. cuisine très bien équipée
Un moment très agréable
nous avons passé un moment très agréable en groupe (8 adultes et trois enfants en bas âges), tout le monde a été séduit.
gîte charmant, décoration sobre et efficace. extérieur également, avec en prime jeu pour enfants.
donc à conseiller sans hésiter.
Très bien, grande maison avec enorme pièce à vivre! De très nombreux couchages, très bien pour se retrouver et faire des BBQ!
Hote extremement serviable!
About the Host, Jean-Baptiste
I'm a French/Australian professional, originally from the south of France, where we would be very pleased to have you in our place. My sister and brother in law live are true St Paul local and live next door, so they will welcome you at the mill. Looking forward to hearing from you!
Gastronomic restaurant in Saint-Paul-Trois-ChateauxRue du Serre Blanc Saint-Paul-Trois-Châteaux 26130
Highly recommended restaurant with garden where you trust the chef to cook a Provencal menu!Avenue Charles Chaussy Saint-Paul-Trois-Châteaux 26130
Amazing family owned restaurant with traditional Provence cuisine hidden in the old town of Saint-Paul
Great little bistro situated on the place du marche in Saint-Paul. Enjoy a nice meal, cheese and rose!Place du Marché Saint-Paul-Trois-Châteaux RA 26130
Enjoy a long diner with family and friends at the terrace this restaurant located on the animated square of Saint-Paul, and discover typical Provence dishes and wines...highly recommended!Place du Marché Saint-Paul-Trois-Châteaux 26130
Discover the black truffle aka the Black Diamond, the specialty of Saint-Paul-Trois ChateauxRue de la République Saint-Paul-Trois-Châteaux 26130