This apartment is located in the best spot of Athens. One "block" away from the Acropolis, two "blocks" from the Temple of Olympian Zeus, at the edge of Plaka area and most important 100m away from the metro station "Acropolis". There is a one-space kitchen with living room, a dining room with a piano (you are very welcome to use and enjoy it), a small storage room, a bathroom and a comfortable bedroom. It accommodates up to 3 persons (double bed and a sofa bed).
There is a wifi, a washing machine, 2 air conditioning devices and it is fully equipped even for those staying for long period.
The area is very touristy but the apartment is quiet. It is in the middle of the most important sites, the ones that anybody must visit when in Athens. The beautiful pedestrian street down the road is full of cafes and restaurants. For locals it is considered as one of the best areas in Athens center and definitely the added value of this apartment is its location.
PICK UP SERVICE IS ALSO AVAILABLE from the airport. You get more details with the confirmation of your booking.
The location of the apartment is excellent. It's about 3mins walk from metro station, and near to the sightseeing point - Acropolis & museum.
Also, many restaurants, cafes or bar nears apartment, we tried two restaurants that taste good!
Assistant George is nice guy, he is kind and introduce clearly to us. The flat is very big enough for 2-4persons, everything well equipped. A little bit eastern style of the interior design!
Unfortunately, the wifi is extremely slow and always keep connect on and off, but overall you can get wifi service in 90%. So need to patient for connecting it!
A perfect location in the heart of Acropolis area. The appartment is wide enough, simple but comfortable and really silent. We strongly recommand a visit to Brettos wine bar at night, 5 min walk from the flat. A wonderful experience, thank you again Yiannis.
We had a mixed experience with the apartment.
* The apartment was clean. It is roomy and comfortable for a couple. Also, it was pretty quiet (even though the bedroom window faces the street).
* Location: It is very close to the acropolis metro station, the acropolis museum and the southern slope of the acropolis. There are many tourist oriented shops and restaurants in the area (but if you're looking for groceries, as we did, it's a bit harder to find).
* Kitchen is very well stocked, with everything from kitchenware to cooking oils, spices, and tea. We've prepared all of our evening meals in the apartment.
* It is an old building, and at first we had difficulties using the key for the building's entrance. It even twisted and partially broke. Yiannis took care of that quite quickly and swapped it for another.
* The lights in the apartment are very dim. Reading a book after sunset is very difficult.
* No toilet paper is provided, though we asked in advance and was explicitly told that it is.
* No way to hang the shower head. Showering was quite frustrating juggling between the shower head and the soap.
* No curtains (or blinds) in the living room.
* The water heater was leaking. The bedroom blinds are impossible to close. In my opinion, these two things should be fixed promptly.
My wife and I had a good experience at this apartment. The space was good and the bedroom had a very comfortable queen size bed. This is hard to find in Europe. The heater/AC was great. The kitchen and appliances were great, it had everything you would need. Yiannis was very nice and helped us with every need. He was a great host. There was a great view of the Acropolis from this apartment. We couldn't have asked for a better location.
The reason I give it a good 4 star and not great 5 star rating is because the internet kept cutting in and out. And when it was connected, it was quite slow. My wife works from home and requires a high speed internet connection. If you are on vacation and don't care for internet quality then it isn't a big deal. Plus all restaurants and cafés have free internet that you can use while out and about. Also the lock on the door broke on our first day there, but Yiannis was very quick to meet us and have it fixed the next morning. Lastly the hot water did not work at one point. The water heater was a bit finicky and had a small leak that needed to be looked after with a bucket to catch the dripping water. I found it a little annoying that I had to be concerned with home appliance issues while on vacation. But there was hot water for 90% of our trip, so not the biggest deal in the world.
Overall I would definitely recommend this apartment to others. It was a great stay and Yiannis was a great host.
We had a wonderful stay in this apartment and we still can't believe what a great deal we got considering the location to Acropolis. The apartment was cozy and had all we needed to have pleasant dinners at home with a view out the window of the Parthenon. We felt very safe in the area and there were plenty of nice restaurants within walking distance.
Yiannis went above and beyond the average host. Communication was superb and he gave us some great tips for things to see and do. If we visit Athens again we'll be looking to stay in one of his center city apartments again.
We had a good time in Athens. Nice appartment, with a great view on the Acropolis!
Yiannis responded immediately after sending a text message. His assistant George was very kind.
The appartment is situated in a very nice neighborhood h alost all touristic spots within walking distance!
We had a great stay at the appartment. The appartment was very clean and well equipped with everything one needs for a pleasant stay. The place is ideally located at the heart of the city with a great view to Acropolis.
Yannis and his assistant, George, are very friendly and were promptly responding to my messages.
I highly recommend Yannis and his apartment.