Feel like you're living in HK with an expat lifestyle...
I'm an Aussie professional who understands the most fun travelling is meeting people. Happy for you to join me heading out and see what HK is about.
Comfy room, excellent location and everything that you may need.
Welcome to my home. I've specifically chosen the apartment and arranged it like any Aussie would. There is a communal rooftop (which no one else uses and hence is basically private).
- INCREDIBLY CONVENIENT LOCATION. I guess you've read other ads so won't go into detail. MTR 100m, Tram 100m, Buses. Best thing is Wan Chai market basically downstairs. If you crave a home cooked meal you can't go wrong. And I'm on the quiet side of Wan Chai. None of the noise, dodginess and shenanigans of Lockhart Rd (although its good for a drink every now and then... seriously, just a drink). Hennessy Rd has heaps of buses all times of day and night. China visa office 10 min walk away. Quiet street off the main road...
- WHY WAN CHAI AND NOT CENTRAL? You get a more local and "real" perspective of Hong Kong. More of a residential feel compared to the office buildings of central. But you are still only two MTR stops away and can get anywhere in HK very easily and quickly.
- ROOFTOP... Yes it's communal but no one uses it. I'm on the top level so no additional stairs required. Just move the outdoor furniture in/out each time you use it. Great for a BBQ (I have a portable Weber) which you are more than welcome to use. Perfect for a cigarette/cigar if that's you. Fantastic open view to Happy Valley. I really enjoy just chilling out in my own secluded space... you too will appreciate it given how dense and crowded HK can be.
- WESTERN BATHROOM (separate toilet and shower). None of this shower over the toilet chinese inconvenient stuff... Instantaneous gas hot water. One bathroom so I will be sharing it with you.
- BED... Private room with a full double bed (HK size so 137cm x 190cm). It's a soft comfy mattress. Definitely not rock hard chinese style. Plenty of closet space. Air con, sheets, towels etc as you would expect
It is an older apartment building but inside is really well maintained. You will feel very comfortable. Elevator... thank god it's not a walk up.
You get access to everything that an expat in HK would need to live.
- MY LOCAL KNOWLEDGE... the best cantonese roast meats, wanton noodles, local chinese cafes, dim sum, walks, bakery, vegetarian restaurant, dumplings, local non dodgy thai massage places... all within walking distance. And the coolest nightspots and hip restaurants around LKF and Wan Chai and elsewhere.
- KITCHEN, COOKING, BBQ. And with Wan Chai market literally downstairs you can buy whatever you need if you crave a home cooked meal. Of course stuff like oil, salt, pepper, soy etc are good for you to use. Fridge, microwave, 2 gas burners, kettle... and all the other the usual kitchen gear.
- UNLIMITED INTERNET AND WIFI (1,000 mpbs which is the fastest you can get in residential homes).
- PHONE... if I'm around you're welcome to make local calls using my mobile.
- CABLE TV... On demand movies, English Premier League, La Liga and heaps more. And a 42 inch LED TV to watch it on.
- MAID once a week. But arranged more often as guests come and go. She is wonderful and irons as well (depending on timing of your visit of course) but you can use the iron if you really have the urge.
- LAUNDRY washing machine. Same deal... maid can do it if timing suits.
- BEDDING Standard bed linen, towels, hair dryer, dehumidifier etc.
Of course my room is mine... your room will be yours. Standard housemate type arrangement with everything else :) Hope you get the sense from my writing style that I'm pretty relaxed about stuff.
Interaction with Guests
I'm social, loving life in a new city and meeting cool, interesting people. Totally respect that everyone is individual and has their unique preferences.
I'll make every effort to be around when you first arrive. But sometimes it will be necessary for me to tell you where I leave my spare key. More than welcome to call/sms/whatsapp me anytime. I won't respond if I'm sleeping :)
I'm used to an active, social lifestyle so there will be periods of time where I'm hardly at home. But to keep sane I'll have my evenings or days on the weekend just bumming on the couch at home.
The authenticity of HK but with the central location and quiet.
It's in a quiet area but incredibly convenient. Lockhart Rd has plenty of nightlife... Hennessy Rd and Gloucester Rd have plenty of traffic and buses. Where I am is quiet so you can rest easily. But downstairs there's plenty to keep you occupied with Wan Chai market and only a short walk to the MTR which gets you everywhere.
Very close to public transport... 100 metres (yes that's right) to Wan Chai MTR. Less to buses and the tram. You can access everywhere quickly through MTR. I have octopus cards (public transport cards) available for guests to you. All you need to do is add credit. No need to worry about obtaining a card of your own and putting a deposit down.
Other Things to Note
Check in/out really flexible. All dependent upon guests before/after. But I'm happy for you to leave your stuff around depending on when you're shipping out.
Eddie is a great host, very nice and friendly. Followed his guide getting into his apartment and around his neighbourhood without problems. The location of his apartment is very conveinent. Only a few mins walk from the Metro stop and it is very easy to get to anywhere in HK from there. The bed is soft. The shower water is great too. Kitchen is well equipped. You can cook simle food. I had great time there with my daughter. This apartment shares the common aspect of most apartments in HK which is compact. But this didn't bother me at all as I already anticipated about this. Sharing this point for peopel who may not know about apartments in HK. I definitly recommend Eddie's apartment.
Thanks Eddie for making such an effort trying to communicate with my parents in Mandarin Chinese! If I lived there by myself it'd have been a lot more convenient! My parents said the location was fantastic! Their trip back to Shenzhen from Eddie's place was also extremely convenient and smooth. Thanks.
Perfect location in HK, in the center of everything! Eddie is very responsive and always answers any questions instantly!
Everything was just as described. Eddie is a most gracious host.
The location is great and convenient. The room is tiny by any standard, but the apartment is ok. Clean and neat.
Great place. Location was perfect for the trade show I was attending. Super convenient to food, MRT, and the China Resource Building (China Visa Run anyone?).
Impeccable clean. Everything worked well.
Very nice and amiable guy. Super accommodating and responsive. Highly recommended.
We had a great stay at Eddies apartment and it is definitely a place we can warmly recommend to any couple or single person who wants to stay for a few days in the heart of Hongkong. The apartment is rather spacious, has everything you need (kitchen, bathroom, shower, elevator etc) and is extremely close to the subway (1 or 2 minutes). It is very clean and feels safe. Even my husband who is a little afraid of heights (the apartment is on the 23 floor) was fine when we closed the curtains.
Eddie was not there while we were staying at his apartment, but he did everything he could to assure we had a pleasant stay. He was available per e-mail and phone any time and was keen to answer any question very quickly. The day we left, our plane left very late (after midnight). Because there was no other guests arriving that day, Eddie allowed us to stay at his apartment until the evening (without paying an additional night) which we appreciated a lot. Thanks a lot to Eddie once again!
Eddie was great to stay with, a really pleasant person. Apartment was very clean and tidy in a great location.
Active, social and always up for meeting new people. I'm welcoming people to my home so that they have just as good a time in HK as I do. Its all about meeting people and experiencing what life is like in a different city.
Of course totally respect individuals unique preferences so let me know.