Feel like you're living in HK with an expat lifestyle...
I'm an Aussie professional who understands the most fun travelling is meeting people. Happy for you to join me heading out and see what HK is about.
Comfy room, excellent location and everything that you may need.
Welcome to my home. I've specifically chosen the apartment and arranged it like any Aussie would. Let's start with the communal rooftop (which no one else uses and hence is basically private).
- ROOFTOP... Yes it's communal but no one uses it. I'm on the top level so no additional stairs required. Just move the outdoor furniture in/out each time you use it. Great for a BBQ (I have a portable Weber) which you are more than welcome to use. Perfect for a cigarette/cigar if that's you. Fantastic open view to Happy Valley. I really enjoy just chilling out in my own secluded space... you too will appreciate it given how dense and crowded HK can be.
- WESTERN BATHROOM (separate toilet and shower). None of this shower over the toilet chinese inconvenient stuff... Instantaneous gas hot water. One bathroom so I will be sharing it with you.
- BED... Private room with a full double bed (HK size so 137cm x 190cm). It's a soft comfy mattress. Definitely not rock hard chinese style. Plenty of closet space. Air con, sheets, towels etc as you would expect
- INCREDIBLY CONVENIENT LOCATION. I guess you've read other ads so won't go into detail. MTR 100m, Tram 100m, Buses. Best thing is Wan Chai market basically downstairs. If you crave a home cooked meal you can't go wrong. And I'm on the quiet side of Wan Chai. None of the noise, dodginess and shenanigans of Lockhart Rd (although its good for a drink every now and then... seriously, just a drink). China visa office 10 min walk away. Quiet street off the main road...
- WHY WAN CHAI AND NOT CENTRAL? You get a more local and "real" perspective of Hong Kong. More of a residential feel compared to the office buildings of central. But you are still only two MTR stops away and can get anywhere in HK very easily and quickly.
It is an older apartment building but inside is really well maintained. You will feel very comfortable. Elevator... thank god it's not a walk up.
You get access to everything that an expat in HK would need to live.
- MY LOCAL KNOWLEDGE... the best cantonese roast meats, wanton noodles, local chinese cafes, dim sum, walks, bakery, vegetarian restaurant, dumplings, local non dodgy thai massage places... all within walking distance. And the coolest nightspots and hip restaurants around LKF and Wan Chai and elsewhere.
- KITCHEN, COOKING, BBQ. And with Wan Chai market literally downstairs you can buy whatever you need if you crave a home cooked meal. Of course stuff like oil, salt, pepper, soy etc are good for you to use. Fridge, microwave, 2 gas burners, kettle... and all the other the usual kitchen gear.
- UNLIMITED INTERNET AND WIFI (1,000 mpbs which is the fastest you can get in residential homes).
- PHONE... if I'm around you're welcome to make local calls using my mobile.
- CABLE TV... On demand movies, English Premier League, La Liga and heaps more. And a 42 inch LED TV to watch it on.
- MAID once a week. But arranged more often as guests come and go. She is wonderful and irons as well (depending on timing of your visit of course) but you can use the iron if you really have the urge.
- LAUNDRY washing machine. Same deal... maid can do it if timing suits.
- BEDDING Standard bed linen, towels, hair dryer, dehumidifier etc.
Of course my room is mine... your room will be yours. Standard housemate type arrangement with everything else :) Hope you get the sense from my writing style that I'm pretty relaxed about stuff.
I'm social, loving life in a new city and meeting cool, interesting people. Totally respect that everyone is individual and has their unique preferences.
I'll make every effort to be around when you first arrive. But sometimes it will be necessary for me to tell you where I leave my spare key. More than welcome to call/sms/whatsapp me anytime. I won't respond if I'm sleeping :)
I'm used to an active, social lifestyle so there will be periods of time where I'm hardly at home. But to keep sane I'll have my evenings or days on the weekend just bumming on the couch at home.
The authenticity of HK but with the central location and quiet.
It's in a quiet area but incredibly convenient. Lockhart Rd has plenty of nightlife... Hennessy Rd and Gloucester Rd have plenty of traffic and buses. Where I am is quiet so you can rest easily. But downstairs there's plenty to keep you occupied with Wan Chai market and only a short walk to the MTR which gets you everywhere.
Very close to public transport... 100 metres (yes that's right) to Wan Chai MTR. Less to buses and the tram. You can access everywhere quickly through MTR. I have octopus cards (public transport cards) available for guests to you. All you need to do is add credit. No need to worry about obtaining a card of your own and putting a deposit down.
Check in/out really flexible. All dependent upon guests before/after. But I'm happy for you to leave your stuff around depending on when you're shipping out.
|Room type:||Private room|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Extra people:||No Charge|
|Minimum Stay:||2 nights|
|Check In:||2:00 PM|
|Check Out:||12:00 PM (noon)|
Eddie was very helpful and his place was perfect for my stay. He gave me a guide and was very relaxed about all the right things! The place was quiet and clean. I just wish we could have had more time to hang out and maybe have a famous barbecue on the rooftop! I would be back any time!
Eddie was a very good host. I think he is friendly, helpful and relaxed. The Appartement is very nice and clean. The Rooftop is also very nice.
We had a very good time! Thank you Eddie!
Spent an excellent time in Hong Kong. Eddie's appartment has a perfect setting for exploring the city at leisure. Very easily reached by public transport and has everything you might need during your stay in Wan Chai. Eddie is a great companion to share a drink with. Enjoyed my stay here (march 2014), highly recommended.
Eddie is a really nice guy, great host - and his place is super convenient.
I had a great time and would definitely stay again. It's just around the corner from a side exit of the Wan Chai MTR station, which is so convenient for exploring.
Eddie is very friendly and careful host, the location is great with cool rooftop where you can chill out. All transport facilities at hand. It would pleasure to visit Eddie again, we really felt at home in HK !
Eddie's place was great! Eddie is a very nice and helpful laid back guy. His place has a great location.
Eddie's apartment is clean and bright. The location is great, next to Wan Chai‘'s A3 export of MTR. If get to Hong Kong again, I would stay here.
Eddie, a very friendly man and helpful one. I feel so welcomed!
The apartment location is really good. It's near a traditional market, lots of Chinese restaurant, and the best? It is only 3 minutes walk to MTR station Wan Chai which close to Central.
For vegetarian, you can find a veggie restaurant near the apartment, about 5 minutes walk.
For Muslim, the apartment is about 10 minutes walk to the Islamic canteen.
Roof top really amazing, no one there, feels like your own!
The apartment is very clean, secure, and with free fast wifi.
Must stay here again when I am in Hong Kong.
Big thanks, Eddie :)
Great location, good accomodation, closed to the metro and all the public transports, food markets. Perfect to enjoy the day and night life.
Eddie is an excellent host, and has a wonderful flat. This room is perfect for a young person who wishes to stay in the hubbub of WanChai (I found a great local wonton noodle soup place around the corner). Since I stayed with Eddie over New Years Eve, unfortunately we both had separate plans, but I appreciate him giving me my space. A few intelligent additions, that are welcome to every traveller, show his attention to detail that warrants nothing less that full marks.
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.