WHAT MAKES OUR HOME SPECIAL...
This charming, spacious, and clean apartment is located in one of the best neighborhoods in town, the Plateau / Mile End. Even though the Mile End is busy and full of life, the apartment is actually located on a beautiful & quiet little hidden street right in the centre of all the excitement.
The apartment is wonderful because the layout allows you to feel privacy & quietness when you are in your room but is it is very open spacious when you are in the common area. We keep our place comfortable, clean, & organized. We have an adorable kitten who is very friendly and many of our guests have fallen in love with her.
We love our home so we make sure to keep it beautiful and comfortable for everyone who visits.
We are both major foodies so we have BIG KITCHEN equipped with
-beautiful Japanese dishes
- all sorts of cooking appliances & tools
- an amazing Santevia water filter with clean and crisp tasting water that you can drink as much of as you want (good water is important :)
You are of course welcome to use the kitchen as often as you need.
There is also:
-a big living room
-a backyard with patio set & BBQ!
- 3 choices of where to eat your meals (kitchen table, dinner table, patio table when its warm)
Its nice and big with a view of the street. It is very large double bedroom. Furnished with a comfortable double size futon, 3 drawer clothing chest, and a desk.
OUR NEIGHBORHOOD & NEARBY ATTRACTIONS …
-Plenty of amazing restos from a whole range of ethnicities all around us that is in good walking distance from low-mid range - pricey.
- Over 10 great cafes all around, lounges & pubs, shopping, and awesome produce markets all around. See our guidebook for more details.
-10 minute walk to the beloved Mont Royal mountain... if you love to go for runs or long walks... this is one not to be missed! You will get to see the whole view of Mtl at the top.
-YMCA 2 blocks away.
Its quite phenomenal that we get anything done around here!
Our home is very accessible by foot, bike, busses, and metros.
-There are plenty of public BIXI bike stations around.
- 3 very frequent buses all around us (51, 55, 80)
- a 15 minute walk from Laurier metro.
- We have had a few guests literally walk from our place to Old Montreal…so if you like to walk there are beautiful sights and shops all along as you venture from neighbourhood to neighbourhood.
Our place does NOT have parking. There are paid parking lots in the neighbourhood. On weekends, you can park on a street nearby. If you are driving here, we can suggest a paid parking lot if you need.
WHO WE ARE…
We're 2 lovely ladies in our 30's who love to cook, live healthily, be creative, and enjoy life.
We are major foodies & love to cook up ambitious spreads of food of all types, often healthy versions of asian cuisine (vietnamese, japanese, thai, chinese).
Often we eat vegetarian, but sometimes we eat meat and fish.
We are both artists/performers, and a few other things that help us pay for the bills. Jenn is also a health coach. Sarah is an English teacher.
Guests will have access to everything. Living room, kitchen, washer, dryer.
We are both quite busy working and are usually not home much so our guest will have time to enjoy the apartment if they are not out and about.
|Room type:||Private room|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Extra people:||$23 / night after the first guest|
|Minimum Stay:||3 nights|
|Weekly Price:||$281 /week|
|Monthly Price:||$796 /month|
In coming at Jenn & Ted's sweet home, you'll be enjoy. It's a very charming flat in the middle of Mile End a nicely place in Montréal with many shops, bars and restaurants. Jenn & Ted are very discreet and will open your their house like your own. It was a nice human being experience.
Nice people but this really didn’t work out.
I booked my best friend a 3-night stay in Jenn and Ted’s guest room, mainly because the photos looked nice, location was easy and the apt appeared to be clean and comfortable. They were flexible on the check-in time too.
Unfortunately it was a total disaster.
1. Bathroom is disgusting:
a. Toilet was “dirty”
b. Waste basket overflowing with “dirty” toilet paper
c. Shower was gross – my friend couldn’t even face using it.
2. Noise issues:
a. Jenn woke up shrieking in the middle of the night (insect problem?)
b. Jenn singing loudly on a Saturday morning before 8am
3. Deceptive photos: Living room doesn’t look like it does in the photos AT ALL: garbage bags filled with old clothes, messy dining room table, etc. You cannot exactly hang out in it.
4. Amenities: In 90 degree heat, there was no air conditioning or even a fan. When my friend opened the windows, the noise from the street/neighbors meant he couldn’t sleep.
Jenn/Ted: If you advertise your guest room on AirBnB, please make an effort to actually clean the bathroom and living room before letting people stay. People are paying you to be their host.
Would never put anyone up here again.
Jenn and Ted were really nice and down to earth. They were very helpful as far as directions, advice on food options, bars, music venues etc...And the location was perfect. The Apartment is spacious and quiet and you always feel at home.See you guy's next time through!!
Our stay with Jenn and Ted was great. They were very welcoming and made us feel at home in their apartment. They were very helpful; providing information about the transit system, taxi numbers and general info about the area. We were welcome to use their kitchen facilities and lounge in their living space during our stay. In general we were very happy with our stay and would return during future visits to Montreal! The location was great with coffee shops and restaurants close by and easy access to transit. Thanks Jenn and Ted!
My week stay at Jenn & Ted's was perfect. Their place was fresh, clean & open. Their kitchen, well equipped, the reversed filtered water was a plus! The location is close to everything (groceries, Mont-Royal Park, plateau, etc). Jenn & Ted themselves are friendly & energetic people, we shared some great conversations on food, cities, & art. I even got to try their delicious & super healthy cooking!
Needless to say, I recommend staying at Jenn & Ted's if you are visiting Montreal!
I had a really awesome time staying with Jenn and Ted! This was my first time using Airbnb, my first time in Montreal, and my first time traveling on my own and Jenn and Ted made me feel so welcome and comfortable. They are great hosts. So laid back and friendly and personable, and very helpful when it came to directions, or recommendations of places to go. Jenn and I even went for dinner and ice cream together one night! Their place is everything you would need. Clean, spacious, private and comfortable. As for the location, I was only there for 2 nights, and was initially worried about getting around to everywhere I wanted to go in such a short time...But their place is very central, and close to the bus and the metro, and so many good shops/cafes/restaurants are within walking distance. The neighborhood is quite beautiful and they on a nice quiet side-street. Over all, I had an incredible visit in Montreal and it was all thanks to Jenn and Ted!
An amazing place to reside in! It was my first time using airbnb, as well as my first time in Montreal and they were such an amazing help!! The location was the absolute best and so convenient to everything! Jenn and Ted were such great hosts and their cooking is no joke! The bed is just a whole other level! No joke, it just takes you in and you dont want to leave it in the morning! I highly recommend this place! You will absolutely love the location, the people, the food, and just everything about it!
This was my first experience with airbnb and was very impressed. Ted's place was very cosy. The location was great, close to all sorts of restaurants, great coffee, bars, and music venue's. Staying at Ted's place made my first time in Montreal a memorable one. Thanks Ted!
This was my first AirBnB experience and it was just perfect. I was there for a stressful competition so to me it was a much a better deal than a hotel, which is cold and lonely, commercial, fluorescent lights, staff, and signs to constantly remind you that you're not at home. I felt completely at home.
- Most importantly, the bed: very comfortable real mattress. It may look a bit thin but there are springs underneath so I was never anything but comfortable--and I was there for work so I needed my sleep. Soft flannel sheets, choice of 2 different pillows, duvet.
- Clean. It's very important to them that the whole place is clean. The bathroom was arranged and cleared, with plenty of space for me as well as soap and shampoo.
-The room has it's own temp control so you can sleep as cold or hot as you like.
- The entire apartment is very spacious and private, sectioned off. There's lots of room in the kitchen and the open, wonderful living room as well as your room to make yourself at home and never feel crowded.
- Prime location. So so much to do surrounding it. Easy to go to the bank, to the Metro, the bus, restaurant, grocery stores, shopping. Steps away from Fairmount Bagel.
- The kitten is completely precious, again making it feel like home.
- Nice people to talk to, interesting, not imposing, considerate.
- I really loved their shower pressure and tub very much. They have hot water that doesn't ever seem to run out. And a deep tub to fill it with. I'm going to miss this the most.
- Great internet connection, very fast.
- They were nice enough to accommodate my singing while I was preparing for my competition. This was very important and very nice of them.
- I appreciated very much that there was not a tv that I knew of. Keeps things private and I could focus.
- No on-site laundry but it is closeby. This can be a problem if you're pressed for time or it's horribly wet and snowy outside.
- Your room is right under the entryway of the people upstairs. So going to sleep and waking up there can be stomping up the stairs and coming in and out can be loud. I had earplugs so this was only an occasional fright.
- There's nowhere locked for belongings, the room doesn't have a lock on it, and this made me very nervous at first. However they've never had any problems with it, it's a very safe neighborhood, and everything went just fine with me.
We had a wonderful stay at Ted & Jen's apartment. The apartment is located in the best part of Montreal with cute coffee shops, stores, and restaurants just a couple blocks away. The other areas of Montreal are also easily accessible by bus or metro. Ted & Jen were great hosts helpful with directions and restaurant recommendations. I would definitely stay there again!
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.