About this listing
Quiet room with one bedroom with double bed, ceiling fan, a kitchenette and private bathroom; it has a glass floor and skylight at the entrance that provides a nice, natural lighting. This room is decorated with colorful paintings by our dear artist friend and neighbor Patrícia Brasil.
Casalegre Art Vila is your new option of lodging in Rio de Janeiro's cultural heart, Santa Teresa. In a centenary 2 floors house, recently refurbished, we offer studios, suites and rooms, ready to stay for days, weeks or months.
Home of artists of all kinds and kingdoms, this famous hilly neighborhood will take your breath away with its views and charming architecture with many buildings considered Historic Heritage, points of interest like the Parque das Ruínas, Selarón Staircase and others, gourmet restaurants and the festive people.
Our rooms are decorated by prominent artists and our living room hosts an art gallery with frequent exhibitions.
At Casalegre we also offer a variety of tours and tips for a great experience at the Cidade Maravilhosa. From airport transfers with safety and punctuality to fun and unique tours around the city, we also offer bikes for rental, cultural and ecological hikes, sailing trips and much more.
If you appreciate independence, the "Home Sweet Home" feeling and a personalized service, this is the perfect place for your stay in Rio.
Our guests are welcome everywhere at the house, except in the Laundry area and the little office/storage room.
Interaction with Guests
There are always someone at the house to assist the guests with arranging taxis, recommending places to visit, restaurants, etc. Also, we love to share our stories about Rio and Brazil.
Home of artists of all kinds and kingdoms, this famous hilly neighborhood will take your breath away with its views and charming architecture with many buildings considered Historic Heritage, points of interest like the Parque das Ruínas, Selarón Staircase and others, gourmet restaurants, bars with live music and the festive people.
There are shuttle buses passing in front of the house, going to the center of Rio, near Metro Carioca.
There are many moto-taxis around here but we recommend only if you are used to motorbikes and like them (usually Brazilians drive bikes a bit crazier than most countries (esp. Europe and North America).
We also have contacts of taxis (ask us 30 minutes in advance) and you can safely do everything by foot here in the neighborhood.
Other Things to Note
At Casalegre we also offer a variety of tours and tips for a great experience at the Cidade Maravilhosa. From airport transfers with safety and punctuality to fun and unique tours around the city, we also offer bikes for free, cultural and ecological hikes, Yoga, dance and Pilates classes, massages, sailing trips and much more.
- Minimum stay of 4 nights for New Year's and 5 nights for Carnival
- Silence must be respected from 10pm to 9am.
- Don't leave any personal belongings unattended outside your room, there are other guests in the house.
- We have a small safe for documents and values.
- Smoking is allowed only in external areas.
- The use of the main kitchen by guests is allowed only from 1pm; please keep it clean and organized.
- There is a fridge for common use near the reception. If something there is not yours, then it's not yours...
- We motivate people to be open minded / non-violent, to don't create expectations and to seek simplicity and contentment in every experience.
- We offer Laundry service, R$ 30,00/machine (up to 5kg, no iron, hang dry). Unless you tell us to put all together, we might separate clothes by color and material. This may incur extra charge.
- Throw toilet paper and other higiene material only in the bin/basket of the bathroom.
- Use the stick coming out of the shower to control the temperature of the water.
The Brazilians are a Holiday!
The awakening of one`s true consciousness is the most noble pursuit in life.
Life is short... Break laws, question traditions, forgive quickly and kiss slowly, synchronize with nature, love unconditionally, think with your heart, laugh out of control, and never stop smiling despite of what others might say...
The fastest way home is to feel at home.
Wisdom = Knowledge (theory) + Experience (practice) + Discernment (cognition) + Instinct (feelings) + Intuition (spiritual).
Quotes I love:
"Everything will be all right at the end. If it's not all right, it is not the end."
"Happiness is worth only if shared"
"We travel to search for... And always come back to find it"