About this listing
The room 201 has one bedroom with a double bed, a living room with sofa bed, table, chairs, kitchenette, private bathroom and a large balcony with hammock overlooking the neighborhood. This room can accommodate up to 4 persons.
Casalegre Art Vila is the best option for accommodation in Rio de Janeiro's cultural heart, Santa Teresa. In a centenary 2 floors house, recently refurbished, we offer studios, suites and rooms, ready to stay for days, weeks or months.
Our rooms are decorated by prominent artists and our living room hosts an art gallery with frequent exhibitions. Most of the art in the house is for sale.
If you appreciate independence, the "Home Sweet Home" feeling and a personalized service, this is the perfect place for your stay in Rio.
Our guests are welcome everywhere at the house, except in the Laundry area and the little office/storage room.
Interaction with Guests
There are always someone at the house to assist the guests with arranging taxis, recommending places to visit, restaurants, etc. Also, we love to share our stories about Rio and Brazil.
Home of artists of all kinds and kingdoms, this famous hilly neighborhood will take your breath away with its views and charming architecture with many buildings considered Historic Heritage, points of interest like the Parque das Ruínas, Selaron Staircase and others, gourmet restaurants and the festive people.
There are shuttle buses passing in front of the house, going to downtown and passing by the Gloria Metro station in the way. We also have contacts of taxis but you can safely do everything by foot here in the neighborhood.
Other Things to Note
At Casalegre we also offer a variety of tours and tips for a great experience at the Cidade Maravilhosa. From airport transfers with safety and punctuality to fun and unique tours around the city, we also offer bikes for free, cultural and ecological hikes, Yoga, dance and Pilates classes, massages, sailing trips and much more.
- Minimum stay of 4 nights for New Year and 5 nights for Carnival
- Maximum stay of 2 months
- Silence must be respected from 10pm to 9am and during the Yoga and Dance classes (usually from 7pm to 9pm)
- Don't leave any personal belongings unattended outside your room, there are other guests in the house
- We have a small safe for documents and values
- Smoking is allowed only in external areas
- The use of the kitchen by guests is allowed after 2pm; please keep it clean and organized
- There is a fridge for common use outside the kitchen. If something there is not yours, then it's not yours...
- We motivate people to be open minded / non-violent, to don't create expectations and to seek simplicity and contentment in every experience
- We offer Laundry service, R$ 30,00 (no iron, hang dry)
About the Host, Daniel
The Brazilians are a Holiday!
The awakening of one`s consciousness is the most noble pursuit in life
Life is short... Break laws, question traditions, forgive quickly and kiss slowly, synchronize with nature, love unconditionally, think with your heart, laugh out of control, and never stop smiling despite of what others might say...
"Everything will be all right at the end. If it's not all right, it is not the end."
Wisdom = Knowledge (theory) + Experience (practice) + Discernment (cognition) + Instinct (feelings) + Intuition (spiritual)