About this listing
1. Shared use of bathroom. (almost never, we have another one anyways)
2. There's no access to the kitchen. (but there is a mini fridge and a microwave available in the room)
3. There's cable TV with 150 channels and Spanish channels.
4. WI-FI is available for free but there is also a computer connected to the internet for the exclusive use of the guests.
1. This is not a for profit business. It is my daughter's room and we rent it only when she's away at school to help her with her college expenses. There are items in it that may be of no use to the visitor but have value to her.
2. The floors are old but clean. However, it doesn't matter how much the floor gets cleaned it will always keep the 'stained' look that old, unstripped floors have. It's unfair to us to call the floor 'dirty' when it's only exhibiting the signs of age. Unfortunatelly some people confuse old with dirty.
3. In order to keep the food smells and conversation noise from travelling out of our kitchen and into the room, the access door to the hallway and bathroom should be kept closed when not using the bathroom. It's unfair to us to be critizised by the guests for the kitchen smells and noise after we specifically requested that the hallway door be kept closed.
There's no guarantee of privacy outside the bedroom but there's a separate entrance to the room. Guest privacy inside their room is high on our list of things to respect. Also, guests can come in and out of the apartment at any time. We don't have curfews as we are all adults.
Interaction with Guests
I will respond to all inquiries that guests have and, when asked, provide some advice on places to go.
It is a neighborhood with a high density concentration of restaurants and night spots. There's a laundry and a multiplex theater around the corner. Two large supermarkets are three blocks away but there are smaller staples stores within a block from the house. Due to the availability of several forms of transportation it is literally within minutes from Manhattan. There's a ferry to lower Manhattan, trains, buses and taxi bases.
Very convenient public transportation. Within walking distance of the Underground metro (we call it subway), buses to other parts of the borough and to other metro stations. Taxis on the avenue. If the weather is good some guests walk across the Williamsburg bridge to Manhattan. Street parking. Guests can get from the airport to the house by taxi or a combination of bus and train. If coming from Canada or other parts of the US by bus guests usually get to the house by underground metro, usually the A from the bus station to 14th Street and then the L to Bedford Avenue. If using the bus that goes to Chinatown the J train to the Marcy Avenue station is most convenient.
Other Things to Note
Because of its accessibility to the rest of the City and the multiple entertainment venues within it this neighborhood Williamsburg has become the most popular destination to stay for NYC visitors.
But we aim to keep it affordable.
No smoking. No pets (unless it is a girlfriend or boyfriend).