3 bedrooms with huge garden, 17x4 meter swimming pool and open plan living area and entertainment room on second floor. Only 5 minutes walk to Merta Sari beach.
Welcome to Villa Hibiscus, a one-of-a-kind, a romantically rustic, three-bedroom fantasyland holiday residence offering the authenticity and charm of Balinese design and hospitality with all the mod cons one would expect in a modern villa, and just a five-minute stroll from the calm waters of Merta Sari Beach in Sanur on Bali’s southeast shore.
Characterized by thatched roofs, antique furnishings and vast, semi-open-air living areas and a private 18 metre swimming pool, the villa is blessed with sprawling landscaped gardens filled with fishponds and fountains, tropical flowers and tall trees that attract butterflies, dragonflies and beautiful birds, creating a magical holiday environment.
Set on a sprawling 3,500 square metres of landscaped gardens, the main building is a classical Balinese-style semi-open plan house with a spacious downstairs living, dining and bar area, three en-suite bedrooms, as well as a wonderful TV lounge in the mezzanine floor. The main house has a wide, tiled terrace that runs the full length of the house linking the three bedrooms to the main living area, while a courtyard in the rear features a tranquil and mesmerizing fountain. An adjacent single-storey pavilion houses the kitchen and a dining room.
Dominating the garden, the swimming pool is surrounded by sun loungers, a bale bengong relaxation pavilion and a Madurese daybed. Hidden in the garden, next to the vine-draped pergola leading to the main bedroom is an antique lumbung, or rice granary, with cushioned seating, a perfect shady spot to curl up with a cup of tea and a good book.
With all its beauty, space and service, and within easy walking distance of a safe swimming beach and many shops and restaurants, Villa Hibiscus is an ideal getaway for groups of friends seeking the quiet life, and especially good for families as kids will have the time of their lives letting spirits and imaginations run wild.
- A large landscaped garden filled with flowering plants, ponds, pathways, water features, a swimming pool and relaxation pavilions and sun loungers, and ample parking in an area of 3,500 square meters.
- Private 18 x 5m swimming pool.
- Garden furniture including rattan chairs, armchairs, sun loungers.
- Dining table for romantic candlelit dinners by the pool.
- A separate kitchen pavilion with breakfast veranda.
- Three bedrooms, each decorated in a unique style: one bedroom with super-king-size bed, one bedroom with queen bed and one with two double beds.
- Each bedroom has a private semi-outdoor bathroom with shower, bath, washbasin and wardrobe.
- The main bedroom has an en-suite dressing room with ample cupboard space and a make-up table.
- Bed linen, towels, bathrobes and toiletries of excellent hotel quality.
- Spacious living room with sitting area with sofas, two dining tables (one round with Chinese style lazy Susan, and one long rectangular table for formal dining), and a stand up drinks bar.
- Upstairs attic mezzanine lounge with carved wooden daybeds, beanbags, pillows and a 47" LED flat screen TV with home theatre system, DVD player, satellite channels, and audio system.
- Sound system in the living room, and an iPod docking station in the master bedroom.
- Home library stocked with assortment of books, English magazines and board games (Monopoly, Scrabble, playing cards, etc.).
- Wi-Fi wireless Internet access throughout the property.
- Onsite resident staff: Villa Manager Nyoman, who is also the chef, and her husband Made who is the head gardener and pool man. There are separate facilities for the staff on the property a comfortable distance from the main house. In addition there is a gardener, pool cleaner, and two maids. Extra help can be arranged for parties or gatherings (notice in advance is strictly required).
- Accommodation for up to 6 people in the villa plus two children under 12 years free in existing beds or baby cot.
- Private transfers to and from the airport - for direct bookings.
- Welcome drinks, cold towels, snacks and fruits upon arrival.
- The first day’s American breakfast is complimentary for all guests at the villa.
- Unlimited drinking water, tea and coffee.
- A cook: guests pay cost price for groceries plus a service charge of 25 % for purchase and delivery. Dinners, BBQ, Balinese dining, candlelit dinners at guest request.
- Daily room cleaning and guest services during the day.
- Pool and garden cleaning and maintenance.
- Regular changes of linen.
- TV channels (in English) - in the main bedroom and the Mezzanine lounge.
- Complimentary WiFi Internet access.
- Extra bed USD 35 per night. Maximum number of guests - 8 people, including children.
- Food groceries (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and beverages charged at cost from supermarket plus a service charge of 25%. Purchases are made in advance daily.
- Massage and spa services in the villa.
- Babysitting services.
- Private yoga lessons at the villa.
- Bicycle or scooter rental.
- Brand-new 7-seater chauffeured car use: IDR 350,000 plus petrol for 4 hours, or IDR 550,000 plus petrol for 8 hours.
- Traditional Balinese dances during dinner, folk and live music, as well as children's parties and birthday parties at the villa - on request and by prior arrangement.
- Sightseeing tours, entrance tickets, outside spa visits, diving, surfing lessons, visits to attractions, shopping – all at guest request.
Any parties or events in the villa Hibiscus must be previously approved by the managed. Stipulated local consul fees and event fee are applicable.
Nyoman Jirnu is the Villa Manager and a wonderful chef, has been here since Villa Hibiscus opened in 1984 and she knows everything there is to know about the villa and the local area. She speaks fluent English and can cook almost anything from anywhere in the world, East or West, but just make sure you try her Balinese dishes – they are her specialty.
Kadek is the housekeeper and she is here to keep your glass filled, make your beds, do your laundry and make sure you have the best time possible - and always with a smile.
Made is the husband of Nyoman and he is the Head gardener and a pool man and he is ably assisted in his tasks by his assistant, Wayan. Just take a look at the condition of the beautifully kept garden and pool and you will see that they are well up to the task.
Robertius is an on-call driver for the brand-new 7-seater Toyota Kijang Innova villa's mini-van and he will (at extra cost of IDR 550,000 + petrol per day) take you anywhere on the island you want to go. He knows Bali like a native but his English isn't so good so plan your itinerary with Nyoman before you set out.
Villa Hibiscus is located down a quiet residential back-road in the historical village of Sanur on Bali's southeastern coast. Sanur was Bali's original tourist enclave and is characterized by shady lanes, vine-draped coral walls, sedate leafy compounds, majestic trees and a five-kilometre shoreline within a gentle reef-sheltered lagoon, making it safe for swimming, and is home to many consulates, and large garden estates of wealthy locals and expats.
The island's first simple guest rooms were constructed here in the late 1940s, heralding the age of modern tourism. Today Sanur is the domain of well-heeled tourists, who like its mellow, restful and cosmopolitan ambience. Foreign visitors rub shoulders with the locals, chic fashion shops are bordered by traditional markets, and a plethora of hidden temples can be found in between of art galleries and nice restaurants.
Sailing boats dot the horizon, and old men in conical hats linger on the stone jetties with their fishing rods while contemplating the aquatic aerobatics of the kite surfers.
Almost the entire coastline is built up by a luxurious private residences and hotels with exceptional gardens and a paved esplanade runs the length of the sandy beach, recently saved from erosion by an impressive landscaping and conservation project that has also safeguarded the coral reef. Cycling and walking along this pathway is a great way to explore the local community and watch the sun rise. Along this path are a wide selection of small restaurants and cafes where it is possible to rent a sun lounger for a small fee and spend a most pleasant afternoon on the sand.
Located just five minutes' walk from the villa is Merta Sari Beach, normally a very quiet and peaceful beach and popular with tourists, which on Sundays comes alive with the sights and sounds of the local villagers who converge on the sand to run huge kites, swim, buy and sell food, and have a good time.
Strolling up the beach walk from Merta Sari are a variety of cafes, restaurants, coffee shops and sports bars that offer a good choice of where to spend your time. A short taxi ride away in the centre of town are wide selection of restaurants offering everything from Chinese, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Spanish cuisine, Australian steaks and fresh seafood.
Taxi is available on the main road or on call. If rental car is needed it can be arrange with the villa staff.
|Room type:||Entire home/apt|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Extra people:||$35 / night after 6 guests|
|Minimum Stay:||3 nights|
|Check In:||3:00 PM|
|Check Out:||12:00 PM (noon)|
The villa is very nice and clean as we see in the picture, all the staffs are all very nice, they helped us to solve many problems we met in Bali! We are very happy to stay here, and it seems that we are at home, we'll be here again when back to Bali!
We rented the place for a week and had a wonderful time. The manager Oxana welcomed us and after that we handled by two wonderful butlers Eta an Fauzan who were polite friendly and efficient. The villa was clean and spacious for the 6 of us. The breakfast that is included in the price was very good and so was the chef when we had him cook a meal. The car with the villa is also very useful as you don't need to worry about transport. All in all a nice stay.
The Villa was fantabulous for the 6 of us and the kids loved the private pool and the boat ride to Tg Benoa port, the mangroveand turtle sanctuary.
The crew- eap our butler Oka, Atun amd Chef Bagus, as well as Made the driver wasvery helpful with placesto visit-all made our stay memorable ❤️
Our only complaint was the weather....but that only means we'll be back soon in the summer months!
We had an amazing 6 days at Villa Puri Nirwana. A perfect place for a family reunion! All
the rooms and bathrooms are huge and the common areas and the garden are beautiful and there is plenty of space for everyone. The staff were always on hand and couldn't be more accommodating. The chef cooked everything we asked and we loved the local dishes he introduced us to. We had 16 people - kids and adults - and didn't want to leave the house if we didn't have to! The spa at the back of the property made it so relaxing - if you felt like a treatment you had one! The surf right put front was perfect and our kids enjoyed jumping the fence and learning to juggle with the locals. 5 minutes away is Keramas beach - an international surfing spot - and a great place for lunch and a drink. Sanur is around 20 minutes away and the drive into restaurants in Seminyak is about 45 but the driver was on hand if we wanted to go out......which wasn't often. Thanks to All of the staff for making us sad to leave .....