This sunny, spacious 2,900 square foot, comfortable, and woodsy Tahoe home-away-from-home can easily accommodate your next family gathering or weekend getaway.
The multi-level home has 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a fireplace, a large game room, sleeps up to 14 easily, multi-level redwood decks, and is conveniently located within the Northstar at Tahoe resort (with full access to the Northstar homeowner’s recreation center). Recent major remodels in the home include the entire kitchen, all bathrooms, and the carpeting. All of this is just 1.5 miles from the Village at Northstar, ski lifts, and recreation center – or a 3 minute ride on the free shuttle which picks up at the foot of the driveway.
• Large game room for kids and adults featuring ping pong table, foosball, darts, an X-Box with many games, and a varied collection of movies; alcove above game room contains a bonus kitchenette for preparing snacks.
• Completely remodeled kitchen with granite counter tops, new stainless steel appliances, cooking island, and bar seating for four.
• Majestic floor-to-soaring-ceiling stone/wood fireplace is the centerpiece of the sun-drenched living room and can be used for either gas or natural wood fires (mostly for ambiance…as there is forced air heating throughout).
• Multi-level wrap-around redwood decks and sliding glass doors provide outdoor access from almost every room in the home; deck off dining room includes an outdoor gas grill that can be used year-round (beneath an overhang that keeps it sheltered from rain/snow).
• Dining room seats up to eight, plus additional table in sun-drenched annex of living room seats four. In addition, two outdoor tables on redwood deck seat up to 14.
• WiFi throughout house, cable TV in game room and master bedroom, TVs in other bedrooms are VCR-enabled only.
• Full sized washer/dryer in mud room on main floor.
• King-sized bed in master suite; queen-sized bed in guest bedroom; two bedrooms with two sets of bunk beds each (sleeps 4 per room); plus sofa sleeper in alcove above game room.
• One garage space is available for guests ski/sporting storage, plus able to park up to 6 vehicles in the driveway.
• Passes to the Northstar homeowner’s recreation center (see below for details) for all guests, including parking for up to 2 hours.
• An open plan living/dining area means the center of the home is an active social core while the multi-level nature of the house allows for private/quiet spaces for relaxing and simultaneous fun in the game room.
• The home has a lodge-like feel with rustic-modern flourishes: soaring cathedral ceilings meet rough-hewn wood which is, in turn, reflected warmly in the terracotta Spanish paver floors; delightful modern accents such as Italian glass tile and stone vanities are present in all bathrooms.
• Master suite with cathedral ceilings and sitting area; master bath recently remodeled with travertine tile, skylights and stunningly designed stone floor-to-ceiling “his and hers” double shower.
• Located adjacent to the 7th hole fairway on the Northstar at Tahoe golf course, on a quiet, circular, rural-feeling road. Neighbors are a mix of year-round residents and owners who visit part-time. Kids can find make-your-own sledding hills within steps of the home.
• Free shuttle service to Northstar at Tahoe Village/recreation center/ski lifts, which are all only 1.5 miles away (or 3 mins transit time and you can be picked up at the foot of the driveway).
Mountain Biking @ Northstar at Tahoe.
Donner Lake - 15 minute drive.
Lake Tahoe - 15 minute drive.
Three golf courses within 20 minute drive.
Two nights minimum stay in high season (Dec-Mar), three during low season, federal holidays, and selected popular Tahoe-specific events (Ironman Tahoe and Tough Mudder Tahoe - special rates also apply); however, last minute shorter stays may be available 1 week prior to booking -- please inquire to check on your dates.
Discounted weekly rates available (15%).
Low season: April - November
High season: December - March
Price includes 10% Transient Occupancy Tax which is paid to the Placer County Revenue Services Division (#691564).
For stays of 12 days or longer, we require an additional cleaning fee of $200 and ask that the guest accommodate the cleaners by vacating the home for an afternoon at their convenience.
Absolutely no smoking inside unit.
Sorry – no pets; however people with severe allergies should be aware that this is NOT a 100 percent pet-free accommodation.
No RVs/trailers/boats are allowed to park at the property; however, there is a dedicated lot nearby - please let manager know if you need directions.
NORTHSTAR AT TAHOE VILLAGE:
When you are not skiing or participating in the myriad of outdoor activities Tahoe has to offer, you can explore the Northstar at Tahoe Village. The burgeoning village boasts a variety of shopping options from stylish boutiques to specialty retailers, a collection of cafés and restaurants, a spa/wellness center, a 2-screen movie theater, and luxury condominiums all centered on a year-round outdoor skating rink flanked by cozy couches and firepits.
Northstar Property Owner Association (NPOA) cards present in the home allow you to park at the Northstar at Tahoe Village for up to 2 hours while visiting any of the above destinations. Alternatively you can take the free shuttles which run from 8 am to 10 pm during high season (beginning November 22).
NPOA RECREATION CENTER:
Guests staying at any Northstar property are entitled to access the exclusive NPOA recreation center for a mere $2/person/day. For this small fee you can enjoy the following amenities:
Fitness Center (for guests over 14)
• Cardiovascular equipment, such as treadmills, Stairmasters, stationary bikes, and elliptical machines
• Aerobic tapes (Tae Bo, yoga, step aerobics)
• Free weights
• Locker rooms complete with showers and saunas
Swimming Pools and Spas
• Junior Olympic size (6 lanes) chlorine pool with shallow and deep ends
• Heated lap pool open year-round
• Covered outdoor adult spa (no children)
• 26' diameter outdoor family spa
• 10' x 15' outdoor adult spa (families okay when family spa closed)
• Gated kiddie wading pool for children up to 5 years old
• Splash pad zero depth water play area
• Swim lessons and water aerobics (summer only)
Tennis Center (summer only)
• 10 Nova cushion hard surface courts
• Ranked number one tennis resort by Tennis Week Magazine
• Ranked number one best tennis camp value by USA Today
• Certified instructors teach an array of classes and clinics for all ages, and our tennis camps offer a fun and energetic approach to the game
Adult Clubhouse/Quiet Area
This adult only facility is located by the lap pool for those who wish to lounge and read. The adult clubhouse has a fireplace, leather couches, library, complimentary Wi-fi, and more. This facility can be rented out for family reunions, birthdays, or any other event.
Game Room, Youth Center, and Kid Activities
A great place for the kids to hang out and have some fun. The youth center features air-hockey, foosball, ping-pong, video games, pool tables and a TV room.
The recreation center offers inexpensive, fun and creative children's activities throughout the summer from 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. for $5 and under. Reservations are recommended and the activities vary daily from arts & crafts, candle making and pottery painting to tie-dye t-shirt making, nature hikes and more.
The entire home is available to you!
Interaction with guests
You can expect complete privacy and will not be disturbed...yet we are available for help or questions should you need it!
This is NOT a party house; nor is it a cheesy vacation rental full of disposable furniture/art. It is a family home that is graciously being shared with others when not in use by the family...we look for guests who will treat it appropriately!
A thorough house manual is available on site. Here are a few important house rules to note:
1) Absolutely no smoking inside of home. Please pick up any/all cigarette butts extinguished in the snow on front or rear decks and dispose of in trash in garage.
2) Be respectful of neighbors, keep loud talking/music on the deck confined to 9-9 on weekdays and from 10-10 on weekends.
3) Check in is any time after 4 pm. Check-out is by 11 am. Please ask the manager in advance if you wish to modify either of these times.
4) No RVs/trailers/boats are allowed to park at the property. There is a separate lot nearby - please let manager know if you need directions.
5) There is a sleeping loft off the master suite (accessible via a spiral staircase) that should NOT be used by guests as the stairway can be dangerous for young children.
6) Sorry – no pets; however people with severe allergies should be aware that this is NOT a 100 percent pet-free accommodation.
CHECK OUT RULES
• You are required to leave the property in the same general condition that you received it by ensuring the home is generally picked up and ready to be vacuumed, dusted, and sanitized (additional fees will be assessed at a rate of $50/hr if excessive cleaning is required). Any furniture/furnishings that have been moved should be placed back in their original locations.
• Strip all used linens from beds (NOT comforter covers - unless soiled) and place in laundry room along with dirty towels.
• Start one load of towels in the washer.
• Leave no dirty dishes – place all dirty dishes in dishwasher and start cleaning cycle.
• Turn off all lights.
• Lock all doors.
• Close fireplace flue and set thermostat to 55.
• Ensure both NPOA passes are in mud/laundry room.
• Place both keys in key tray located in hallway nook near kitchen – do NOT replace a key in the lockbox.
• Please let us know if anything was broken, lost, or forgotten – we will do our best to fix, find, or return to you! Replacements and repairs that are outside what is considered normal wear and tear will be subtracted from your deposit.
This host has 402 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I am a property manager/environmental scientist/micropreneur/artist/builder from the mountains of Montana who relocated to the Bay Area to attend college...and I got hooked! Since that time I have come to call the Bay Area home and love it especially because it has such a fabulous diversity of residents and activities. I enjoy helping visitors with discerning tastes take delight in our spaces and I especially like helping travelers discover the insider’s perspective on the many world-class destinations/arts/restaurants/events the Bay Area (and beyond!) offers.