About this listing
Centrally located in the historic Mexican War Streets on the North Side of Pittsburgh, our two bedroom, two bath apartment is on the first floor of a 16 unit condo building with a secured front building entrance. Easy Access to most of Pittsburgh!
This property was purchased and completely renovated and furnished in December, 2013. My wife and I use this property when we visit our home town of Pittsburgh (we live in New York City). Otherwise, It's a dedicated rental property that is decorated and outfitted with temporary guests in mind. We like to think of it as our one unit hotel!
The apartment features a fully equipped open concept kitchen with everything you need to cook a simple meal during your stay. There is a keurig coffee maker (k-cups not provided) in the kitchen so don't forget to bring your own k-cups!
The living room features a brand new 55 inch flat screen TV with a TiVo Plus and Netflix account along with local channels. The sofa bed opens up into an additional queen sized bed to accommodate up to 6 people (additional fees apply).
Both bathrooms have been recently renovated with brand new vanities, lighting, tiling, and a new open concept master shower.
The main bedroom features a queen sized bed (linens included), night tables, and an en-suite bathroom. **Please note, there is a closet in this bedroom that is kept locked to hold some of our personal belongings. There is a full sized armoire in the room with plenty of hangers and shelves available for your use.
The second bedroom features a full sized bed (linens included), night tables, and a large closet, entirely available for guest usage.
**As of 01/31/15 both beds were replaced with brand new Simmons Beautysleep luxury firm mattresses!
The apartment also features central a/c, in-unit laundry facilities, and a front patio with great views of Allegheny Commons North Park.
The unit is perfect for up to four people for extended stays, and up to six people for shorter stays.
If you are new to airbnb, please send me a message before making a reservation request. We like to get to know un-reviewed guests so we can make sure that our apartment is a good fit for you.
One of the best highlights of our apartment is it's great location! We are within a 20 minute walk to all of the following places (and much more):
*Heinz Field - 20 minutes
*PNC Park - 20 minutes
*The Rivers Casino - 20 minutes
*Allegheny General Hospital - 10 minutes
*Downtown Pittsburgh - 20 minutes
*The Warhol Museum - 15 minutes
*The Mattress Factor Museum - 7 minutes
*The National Aviary - 4 minutes
In addition to all of the great options, our apartment is a short drive or an easy cab ride to all of the other great neighborhoods that Pittsburgh has to offer. If you have your own car, there is ample street parking nearby in our neighborhood. We've never had a problem finding parking right out front.
There is a bus stop directly in front of the building for easy access to downtown & other locations in Pittsburgh
Other Things to Note
Toiletries are not included. In order to avoid any confusion, if you have questions regarding amenities or other extras that we have at the apartment, please feel free to ask!!!
Check in is any time after 3:00 p.m. check out by 11:00 a.m, using self check in and check out with a keyless entry system. As a reminder, only the number of guests included on your reservation should be staying at our apartment. Extra unaccounted for guests are not permitted.
We want you to enjoy your stay as much as possible, following these few simple rules will keep things running smoothly & allow us to continue having guests in our apartment!
1. Please be respectful of the other tenants in the building by keeping the noise down and limiting the amount of traffic in and out of the building.
2. The tenants of the building can be very serious about safety and security. This likely won’t happen, but should you be asked, please state that you are a guest of Matt & Julie Hicks (Apt. #1A). There is no need to tell anyone any additional information about your travel plans or booking through AirBnB.
3. Please NO SMOKING in the unit, NO PETS, and NO PARTIES!!! :)
4. Be eco-responsible. Turn off unused lights, turn off (or adjust) the heat or AC when no one is present, recycle (containers provided in the back of the building). All we ask is a little common sense and some good will. Keeping our energy bills to a minimum helps us to keep our rental rate lower for all of our guests.
5. Please note that there is no daily maid service – While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. The unit will be cleaned before you arrive, please leave the apartment in this same condition when you leave. **Please note: Our nominal cleaning fee goes towards paying a hard working family member who's in college at the University of Pittsburgh. This fee covers basic cleaning, washing bed sheets etc... If a more substantial cleaning is needed, we will charge this out of the security deposit at a rate of $15 an hour.
6.Have a wonderful time in the great City of Pittsburgh!