Private bedroom with skylight in a gorgeous rooftop apartment in Bushwick.
The hippest neighborhoods in NYC: Chelsea, SoHo, Tribeca, Williamsburg... and now Bushwick. Live in a 1900 town house that has been newly-renovated - only 15 minutes away from Manhattan, in a gorgeous rooftop apartment with the finest amenities. Rustic Hipster meets Danish-Austrian design.
The apartment is brand-new and built with the highest standards - hardwood floors, rustic versus urban furniture, bedroom with skylight and a sunny living room facing the gorgeous private rooftop.
Your private bedroom features a queen-sized bed, nightstand and closet space with hangers for your wardrobe. The kitchen is equipped with all the essentials required for your culinary needs, be it a quick breakfast or a romantic dinner on the private rooftop. The living room features rustic and modern furniture and a large brand-new couch that sleeps a third traveler if necessary. You will also have state-of-the-art laundry and dryer in the building.
You will be provided with clean linens and fresh towels; depending on the length of stay, they will be changed on a weekly basis.
- Free Wi-Fi connection
- A thoughtfully-designed bedroom with hip, urban, rustic furniture and the most comfortable mattress that you may never want to leave
- Washer and dryer in the building
- Private Rooftop and access to the main rooftop to enjoy beautiful sunsets
The apartment is well-connected through public transport:
- J train is a block away; takes you to Manhattan in less than 15 minutes
... and only in walking distance to Williamsburg, featuring great restaurants, bars and shops.
Our neighborhood also offers you many opportunities:
- 3-minute walking distance to several small restaurants and an organic supermarket
- 3-minute walking distance to the pharmacy (Walgreens)
- A large shopping street close by
In case of any further questions, please feel free to contact me any time - looking forward to hosting you!
Interaction with Guests
Please take note that I'm renting out a private room in a 2-bedroom apartment. So you'll be sharing the living room, bathroom, kitchen and patio with me. I'm away most of the time for work in the city but there may be times that we'll have breakfast together.
Gates Avenue station is half a block away from the apartment and it takes 15 minutes to get to lower Manhattan.
It takes about an hour from JFK to get to my place by subway and about 30 mins by taxi.
If you want to take the subway, take the AirTrain to Jamaica Center (get off at Sutphin Blvd) then transfer to the J train to Gates Ave.
Please don't forget to turn off all the lights and the AC/heater unit when you leave.
Please put dirty dishes, glasses and utensils in the dishwasher.
Personally, I prefer enumerated reviews so here goes...
1. The room/space is clean and cute. The bed is very comfortable. The bathroom is extremely clean. There is great lighting and it's extremely close to the subway.
2. Charisse is SO friendly and easy going. She has great information to hand out and will talk (or not talk) if you want. I went out and grabbed breakfast one morning and she came out and joined us on the patio to chat. Loved that. It was nice and made it feel like such a better experience than staying at a hotel.
3. We parked our car super close to the house and took the subway everywhere.
4. I'm about to buy a house a decorate it, so it was fun to see some different design ideas and talk to Charisse about them.
All in all, a great night in the city. I would highly recommend staying here!
Lovely space and so close to the subway. I met Charisse briefly and she was sweet and pointed us to a few restaurants and let us keep our bags in the living room since our train wasn't departing until late that day. Would absolutely stay again and would love to use the outdoor space when it's nicer!
The place is good and as described. Easy to find and good situated. Charisse is politely and kind. But in 2 out of 6 nights I was woken up after midnight because of dish sorting in kitchen. It was unacceptable for me.
The apartment was very central to the subway and city. It was only a 30min cab ride away from JFK. It was spacious for two people with small baggage. The host was extremely nice!
Cool location, modern apartment. Apartment is about a block from the metro/subway. 10-15 minute metro to Manhatten, Bushwick bars/cafes/restaurant are a short can ride away. Charisse was helpful and informative. Quiet area and quiet apartment complex! Would definitely stay here again!
Das Zimmer/Appartment war wie beschrieben;)
Alles genau wie wir es uns vorgestellt haben.
Die Gastgeberin war sehr nett und hilfsbereit:)
Hannah & Matze
My husband and I had a great first airbnb experience. Charisse was very hospitable and welcoming. The apartment was both secure and comfortable, considering we visited in 20 degree snowy weather. The room has both privacy and great natural lighting. I liked that it was only a block from local subway station, and a few stops away from good Brooklyn restaurants. Charisse also gave us some advice as to where to find some good places to eat in the area. Would love to come back again!
I moved to Brooklyn two years ago and have been hosting since. I love to read, practice yoga, travel and browse through endless rustic and vintage furniture in flea markets all over New York City and upstate.
I speak 3 languages (Filipino, English and Spanish) and working on my fourth, which is French. Je voudrais parler Francais avec vous and bon sejour a New York. Mabuhay, welcome y bienvenido a New York!